Multiple Choice (1 Viewer)

nifkeh

HSC
Yeah.. you can't really make a cup out of cellulose =3= it's not even plastic
I fked up
no but cellulose is a type of organic fibre that you can make biopolymers out from.. hence you can make a cup out of it because it is plant fibre. like it comes from sugar cane

Praer

HSC
Uni Grad
A cup does not have to be plastic.
U could have the cup made out of polystyrene which was one of the options as well.
i read what it said on the cup and got D as my answer.
no but cellulose is a type of organic fibre that you can make biopolymers out from.. hence you can make a cup out of it because it is plant fibre. like it comes from sugar cane
So much shit just for 1 marker =3=
i put d. so hopefully ...

superSAIyan2

HSC
i put D for 13 as well. it could be A though if they did cellulose--->glucose--->ethanol--->ethylene--->polyethylene.

Maybe they'll accept both answers? i think Its been done in the past

hamstar

HSC
i put D for 13 as well. it could be A though if they did cellulose--->glucose--->ethanol--->ethylene--->polyethylene.

Maybe they'll accept both answers? i think Its been done in the past
Wat??? if you think about cellulose is the only correct answer. See how you have formed polyethylene from cellulose, the cup could also be polystyrene (which is one of the answers), which can be also formed through cellulose.

Unless all of them are right except for PVC, the only answer which seems to make sense the most is cellulose

Last edited:

leesh95

HSC
I didn't even go through so much thinking. The cup said it was made from renewable resource and had picture of a tree -> cellulose

HowToNoob101

HSC
For 17, weak acids do only partially ionise, but the reaction is an equilibrium reaction so every time the weak acids hydrogen ion is used to neutralise the base, according to Le Chatelier's principle the equilibrium will shift and release more hydrogen ion. This will continue until all the hydrogen ions have been released in neutralising the base.

Therefore you require the same volume as long as they are the same concentration.

Right?

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
How do you guys remember what the questions were (were you allowed to take mcq home?)?

AfkForSoR

HSC
For 17 answer is greater than the volume as strong acids completely ionise and weak do not so it will continue to ionise as it is being titrated, requiring more volume to neutralise than the strong acid (i am 100% sure)

jk412

HSC
For 17 answer is greater than the volume as strong acids completely ionise and weak do not so it will continue to ionise as it is being titrated, requiring more volume to neutralise than the strong acid (i am 100% sure)
Nope, answer is B. (i am 100% sure)

freddo723

HSC
1.b
2.c
3.d
4.c
5.a
6.a
7.c
8.a
9.a
10.c
11.b
12.b
13.a d..... don't make it complicated. renewable, cellulose
14.b
15.c d.... concentration of H+ ions in pH of 3 is 0.01, concentration in pH 5 is 0.00001 therefore adding 1000 times original volume.
16.b
17.b
18.d
19.a
20.d
thats what i think but yeah let me know.... hahaha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)