Multiple Choice (1 Viewer)

C

CaR

aRghh...i didnt notice the "<" sign in front of the 21 in q4 T___T
assuming lwaxana's mc's are all correct...there goes 4 marks from section I...>.>"

alby

cool duckie
HSC
grendel said:
no, it can't be C because the letters before the colon indicate the procol. if it was C it would have been:

http://studynotes.org.au/
well i didnt see that did i...there goes at least 1 mark

btw. jumb...how can 17 be A?
its the wrong way around!
A says:
many customers to 1 transaction, many transactions to 1 video, & many movies to 1 video
you probably wont get more than 1 person borrowing exactly the same videos on the same day, you cant borrow out a video when its already out (double booking basically), & you cant have the same barcode on 2 videos :p

its meant to be C:
many transactions to 1 customer, many videos (barcodes) to 1 transaction, & many videos (barcodes) to 1 movies :p:p:p:p:p

lexii

jumb said:
I dont reckon, because theyre an external entity.
Actually they are a participant, generally a participant is anyone who has direct contact with the system. When they enter data into the ATM they become a participant.

But i was more cautious on whether or not they still remain a "user" as well as a participant. So i put C.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
alby said:
Oops. I dont know why i said 17 :) You're right though.

I meant 19.

S

SamStewart

correct answers ipt

Lwaxana said:
OK .. MC questions were too long winded, in some cases, for the 1 mark they were worth
here's my best guesses .. after a few glasses champagne to help me forget my loses in the race

1D 2A 3D 4D 5B 6A 7D 8B 9C 10B
11B 12A 13C 14C 15A 16B 17C 18C 19C 20C

and yes all those Cs make me nervous
yeh well u got them alright ok smarty pants, except questions 16, 17 and 18 you got wrong... HAHA! i duno wat 16 is, it might be D , but its definately not B or C.
question 17,its A you stupid! video barcode is only one, coz each barcode is unique, so it should be many to one, many customers to one transaction at a certain time, many transactions on the same video (different times) , and one unique video to many movie ids
yeh question 18 will be A as well, coz u only need transactions (to find the most amount of videos rented) and the name of the movie (movie), u dont need to know the video barcode... idiot
heheh wat am i talking about i got about 5 of the multiple choice wrong, im shitting myself man..
hopefully everyone in australia fucked up a bit but yeh i think that was pretty hard exam, especially the long questions in the written parts.. its hard to get full marks for them
ya anyways ciao ppl

S

SamStewart

oh my god!

alby said:
well i didnt see that did i...there goes at least 1 mark

its the wrong way around!
A says:
many customers to 1 transaction, many transactions to 1 video, & many movies to 1 video
you probably wont get more than 1 person borrowing exactly the same videos on the same day, you cant borrow out a video when its already out (double booking basically), & you cant have the same barcode on 2 videos :p

its meant to be C:
many transactions to 1 customer, many videos (barcodes) to 1 transaction, & many videos (barcodes) to 1 movies :p:p:p:p:p
yeh but only one transaction for customer id, then transaction-video , there is only ONE barcode, there cant be many barcodes (videos) so its many transactions for one barcode... then video-movie , there are many movies, so its that one video barcode to many movies..

Last edited by a moderator:
S

SamStewart

now u got me thinking
its so confusing man question 17
y dont we just wait till they give the answers out or something , relax have a holiday!

Last edited by a moderator:

Bond_007

my mutiple choice answers
1 D
2 A
3 D
4 D
5 B
6 C
7 D
8 B
9 C
10 B
11 B
12 A
13 C
14 C
15 A
16 B
17 D
18 A
19 C
20 C

What worries me is the pair of letter i have??????

but i think i went alright

i hope

S

SamStewart

q16

hey for question 16 , how come everyone is saying its B? do they store sales on magnetic tape? i thought it would have been like hard drive or something? help.. i put A, but i think its wrong.. C is definately wrong coz of that PAYMENT OK bit... i duno about D maybe its D

S

SamStewart

queston 17

ok look
i think its A because for video, each barcode is unique... so many people can borrow that one video, but video will always be ONE.. thers only one of each barcode so yeh thats why i put A

C

CaR

I placed A too...I thought it was a manual operation....for the first box....><"

bevstarrunner

Maths Nut
HSC
SamStewart said:
ok look
i think its A because for video, each barcode is unique... so many people can borrow that one video, but video will always be ONE.. thers only one of each barcode so yeh thats why i put A
17 d is wrong coz of the data store open rectangle
i actually think it is A

S

SamStewart

asdfadfasg

shes refering to me
what are 2 ways prototype can aid development q21c?
i put
they are model representations of the information system so u can see if they meet the outcomes
and
you can detect any errors so u can change it, keep it the same or watver
but i think i will only get 1 mark, wat did yous put?

Gemstone

The Multiple choice I got

1. D 2. A 3. D 4. D (Not right though answer is C I think) 5. B 6. B (I don't think it's right though I think it is A) 7. D 8. B 9. C 10. B 11. B 12. A (Says that in the question if you look closely) 13. C 14. C 15. C (I think it's A now though) 16. B 17. C (But I didn't know that stuff so don't trust me on that) 18. A 19. B 20. C

With question 16 I got B by powers of deduction. It's not A because email is an online display not a paper display. C is wrong because why would you reject payment and accept non-payment. D is wrong because it's a DFD mixed with a flow chart. I don't think B is completely right but it's the only one that is relatively accurate.

Gemma

xeriphic

can 16 be b ?? customer and financial institution does not even have a shape enclosed, by process of elimination I chose a for that one

email one was process then moved to paper document, what if it was printed ??

lexii

17 is D. Why? Here's an explination for those of you who aren't as good with databases:

There can only be ONE unique entry per customer. I.e. only ONE John Smith who lives at Database Lane with a customer ID of 2.

But John Smith can take out many videos.

So it is a relationship of ONE (Customer) - MANY (Videos)

This automatically eliminated A & B.

Next, there is always only ONE unique video, with a unique barcode (Primary Key). But this same video can be taken out numerous times.

So it is a relationship of MANY (Transactions) - ONE(Video).

And that knocks out C, but you could to the last part if you wanted to be really sure.

So before you go out and call people retards, and then answer the question wrong yourselves, just think for a moment.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)