Multiple Choice (1 Viewer)

a_person86

HSC
My answers

1. d
2. a
3. d
4. d --> its a digital signal, signals are used for transmission, no tricks!
5. b
6. a --> wasnt sure with this one, i think it is C
7. d
8. b
9. b --> Wtf is everyone on about C, when the hell we learn that shit! Its just some smart alternative that students circle if they werent sure!
10. b
11. b
12. a
13. c
14. c
15. a --> II is definitely a hub as it is a central connecting device!
16. b --> process of elimination already explained by others!
17. D --> my weakness is relationships, so i may be wrong
18. C
19. A
20. C

I think i got about 19/20, depending on question 6... question 17 is my only other doubt but makes most sense to me, the rest are right!

bevstarrunner

Maths Nut
HSC
6 is A, because customers ARE NOT PARTICIPANTS in a system
'sif 9 isn't C

btw, I learnt jack all at school in IPT this year...we spent most of our periods playing poker and tribes on the school computers. Most of the crap in the test was new to me, but I think I still got a 19

a_person86

HSC
If 6 is A, i may be heading for 20... of course people may argue that!

pgeorges121

dont you understand the use of a gateway.. it is software AND HARDWARE that connects computers with different protocols.. therefore I is a gateway because it is connected between the 2 different II's.. which are BRIDGES because a bridge is a software and or HARDWARE connection between computers using the same protocol.

and it is not A because routers are fat and slow.. so why would they be used to connect to just 1 other network.. a freakin HUB WOULD BE USED. THEY ARE FASTER. A FREAKIN SWITCH IS FASTER THAN A ROUTER.. IM FASTER THAN A ROUTER.. SO IT AINT ROUTER

Last edited by a moderator:

a_person86

HSC
misread what you wrote, i cant see how a higher frequency will increase bandwidth. However, mobiles with colour screens can support images and videos, the communication of mobile technology hasnt changed, its more the mobile phones itself - the textbook has nothing on this!

Empath

HSC
Sheesh, everyone's getting so pissed off correcting each other x_X

a_person86

HSC
Question 15

I = switch is a device that directs data packets along a path
II = hub is a central connecting device in a network
III = router is a device that determines where to send a data packet between at least two networks. Routers usually travel often travel through a number of networks and routers before arriving at their destination!

III is not a hub, its obvious thats II, as they are all using star topologies.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
Blay said:
read the question: it says "the barcode field is a unique identification for each video cassette and the movie_id is a unique identification for each movie"

THEREFORE:

you have many customers, the barcode for the VIDEO cassette is the same for ALL the movies, but each of those same movies have a DIFFERENT movie_id... think about it, if you have the same barcode for all the movies, you wouldn't know which tape you're missing even if it's the same movie... they are identifying the tapes, not the movies

=___+ but im so stupid i didn't think... i circled C =( *cries*
you've got it the wrong way round...how is the barcode for all the video cassettes the same? barcodes are the unique identifiers of the individual tapes. the movie_id is a code, representing the movie (of which, there are usually MANY copies).... :. there's many videos to one movie..."read the question" yourself!

Blay

the TwinBlade
would it be safe to say that we're all from SYDNEY
HSC
pgeorges121 said:
dont you understand the use of a gateway.. it is software AND HARDWARE that connects computers with different protocols.. therefore I is a gateway because it is connected between the 2 different II's.. which are BRIDGES because a bridge is a software and or HARDWARE connection between computers using the same protocol.

and it is not A because routers are fat and slow.. so why would they be used to connect to just 1 other network.. a freakin HUB WOULD BE USED. THEY ARE FASTER. A FREAKIN SWITCH IS FASTER THAN A ROUTER.. IM FASTER THAN A ROUTER.. SO IT AINT ROUTER
i'll say one thing:
Heinemann textbook page 94 Figure 3.13

i'll say another thing:
Heinemann IPT HSC Course said:
Bridge - a combination of hardware and software to link two similar networks.
Gateway - a combination of hardware and software to link two different types of networks
looking at the diagram it seems that I is still in their own respective networks, Network X and Network Y and the only connecting of the network is through the servers at III. So unless im in need to get an extra pair of glasses, i don't see any bridge or gateway in column III.

And the fact that there's a high speed link in network X means nothing because switches can do high speed link connections between each other as can be ween in Figute 3.13 of Heinemann textbook.

Heinemann IPT HSC Course said:
Router - a device that determines where to send a data packet between at least two networks.
Hmmm... *thinks really hard* unless i can't count i think i do see two networks on that page?

They didn't ask for which is faster than what, they just wanted to know what should be placed in those networks, if it works then it works, they don't have to be faster or slower.

by the way, if you haven't realised, i just totally wrecked your life. :p

and Alby, i just re-read my own post about question 17 and realised i totally got pwned... =___+ *bow down*

Blay

the TwinBlade
HSC
todd2230 said:
the new mobile phone on,e does any1 agree that the answer could possibly be b) because mobile phones never had colour screens in the past so therefore images and video could not be played... so a new feature of mobile phones is also a colour screen
i was unsure between c and b
c i thought mayb but doesnt a higher frequency just mean it can pass through walls and stuff better
i think it's C as well (the frequency) because if you look at the 3 phones... they work off a completely different network, they set up their own 3 comm-towers in order to broadcast the videos... then again b could be true as well but i picked c coz it sounded more sophisticated :p

Blay

the TwinBlade
HSC
SamStewart said:
shes refering to me
what are 2 ways prototype can aid development q21c?
i put
they are model representations of the information system so u can see if they meet the outcomes
and
you can detect any errors so u can change it, keep it the same or watver
but i think i will only get 1 mark, wat did yous put?
participant input/developement as well as the fact that prototypes are done in successions so if they keep changing, they'll either a) arrive at the final version of their info.sys or b) totally get a crapass sys and have to start from scratch

S

SamStewart

lexii said:
17 is D. Why? Here's an explination for those of you who aren't as good with databases:

There can only be ONE unique entry per customer. I.e. only ONE John Smith who lives at Database Lane with a customer ID of 2.

But John Smith can take out many videos.

So it is a relationship of ONE (Customer) - MANY (Videos)

This automatically eliminated A & B.

Next, there is always only ONE unique video, with a unique barcode (Primary Key). But this same video can be taken out numerous times.

So it is a relationship of MANY (Transactions) - ONE(Video).

And that knocks out C, but you could to the last part if you wanted to be really sure.

So before you go out and call people retards, and then answer the question wrong yourselves, just think for a moment.
maybe im wrong, but maybe ur wrong too
that question is too hard to know the right answer, but i think i am right with the answer A... i can easily eliminate C and D straight away by saying there are many customers..

S

SamStewart

oh my god

Blay said:
read the question: it says "the barcode field is a unique identification for each video cassette and the movie_id is a unique identification for each movie"

THEREFORE:

you have many customers, the barcode for the VIDEO cassette is the same for ALL the movies, but each of those same movies have a DIFFERENT movie_id... think about it, if you have the same barcode for all the movies, you wouldn't know which tape you're missing even if it's the same movie... they are identifying the tapes, not the movies

=___+ but im so stupid i didn't think... i circled C =( *cries*
each video barcode is unique i know, and each movie id is unique... omg dont worry i know

S

SamStewart

lol

alby said:
A cant be correct!! i explained how A's wrong!!
you're completely confused!
as it says in the question: "at any one time a video can only be borrowed by one customer, but the customer may borrow more than one video at a time"
& if you're that blonde;
- yeah, there's lots of customers, but they can have multiple transactions (ie. they can take out multiple videos at one time) :). many transactions to 1 customer)
- "the customer may borrow more than one video at a time" (as stated in the q) :). many videos to 1 transaction)
- there's multiple barcodes to one movie (they have multiple copies, havent you been to the video store...ever???) :). many videos to 1 movie)

stop trying to confuse yourself!
lol okay take it easy

S

SamStewart

omg

pgeorges121 said:
what about Q. 15 ?!?!?

l no like that question !

but l had D for that 1... but ppl keep trying to convince me that its A or C
but wtf.. who uses a router for connection to another router.. from a server?
um l kno the answer.. no one.. cause routers are slow.. and expensive.. and smell funny.

so l say Q. 15 is D !!!!

what do ya'll say hmm
the only answer is A!!!!
the only possible thing that symbol number 2 could be is a HUB!!!!
its common sense, dont try to think to far into it !
daaaaaamn!

S

SamStewart

omg

pgeorges121 said:

bridges connect 2 similar networks, NOT COMPUTERS! ur saying it controls a bunch of 4 computers, but it doesnt do that, i would be connecting that bunch to another bunch of computers
the answer is A check ur text book mate!

S

SamStewart

yeah!

a_person86 said:
1. d
2. a
3. d
4. d --> its a digital signal, signals are used for transmission, no tricks!
5. b
6. a --> wasnt sure with this one, i think it is C
7. d
8. b
9. b --> Wtf is everyone on about C, when the hell we learn that shit! Its just some smart alternative that students circle if they werent sure!
10. b
11. b
12. a
13. c
14. c
15. a --> II is definitely a hub as it is a central connecting device!
16. b --> process of elimination already explained by others!
17. D --> my weakness is relationships, so i may be wrong
18. C
19. A
20. C

I think i got about 19/20, depending on question 6... question 17 is my only other doubt but makes most sense to me, the rest are right!
yeh i agree that 9 is B! u can still use a 2100 which is black and white screen and a new 7250 camera phone, theres no difference in the network stuff, its only the video and image capabilities! everyone thinks its C, i duno maybe were wrong dude?

S

SamStewart

bevstarrunner said:
6 is A, because customers ARE NOT PARTICIPANTS in a system
'sif 9 isn't C

btw, I learnt jack all at school in IPT this year...we spent most of our periods playing poker and tribes on the school computers. Most of the crap in the test was new to me, but I think I still got a 19
no hang on, they are participants of the system thats for sure, and i also think there users because they are already members of the bank..
so i got the answer that sed users & participants

S

SamStewart

sorry

sorry for flooding this page, just had to justify all my quotes and shit
hehehe this is so funny, everyones swearing, threatening eachother LOL
yall should relax now its over, who cares about the marks u cant change them now.. just wait til december 17 , then i will be the most famous man in the newspaper! everyone look for my name , ill be ranked numba 1! ooH Ya!
hahah jokez i wish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)