Multiple Choice (1 Viewer)

a_person86

HSC
I honestly think all mine are right, except for question 6. Thats C, as the customer is a participant as he enters his details, and is a user as he benefits from the system. My mate did everything the same as me except that question, so he heading for 20. Dont mind if he beats me cause my moderated assessment mark will become better :)

lexii

SamStewart said:
shutup u dum bitch
maybe im wrong, but maybe ur wrong too
that question is too hard to know the right answer, but i think i am right with the answer A... i can easily eliminate C and D straight away by saying there are many customers.. so u shutup loser!
You cannot "easily" eliminate C and D because there are not "many" customers.

Last edited by a moderator:

pgeorges121

lmao chumps gettin all excited over some wrong info. on a forum. maaaad :S
aaah funny ppl you guys are.
and um.. 17 is D.. so get over it.

P.S I AM THE LIZARD QUEEEEEEN !!!

froggy_jk

HSC
yeh they are.. for ATMs they enter their details so that makes them the a participant. but theyre also USING the system therfore user :)

17 is C not D cos for EACH TRANSACTIOn their are many videoes and for each VIDEo their is one transaction at a time

im stupid.. for 16 i put c LOL .. anyway..

bevstarrunner

Maths Nut
HSC
froggy_jk said:
yeh they are.. for ATMs they enter their details so that makes them the a participant. but theyre also USING the system therfore user :)

17 is C not D cos for EACH TRANSACTIOn their are many videoes and for each VIDEo their is one transaction at a time

im stupid.. for 16 i put c LOL .. anyway..
um... u just proved that 17 is D....read the answers first...

Transaction-video is many to one because there are many barcodes in each transaction, but each video has only one barcode

froggy_jk

HSC
huh?... no i didnt.. each transaction.. many videos.. one video one transaction at a time

whats with the barcodes?? arent the relationships between the entities :|

BrentMcKendrick

pgeorges121 said:
dont you understand the use of a gateway.. it is software AND HARDWARE that connects computers with different protocols.. therefore I is a gateway because it is connected between the 2 different II's.. which are BRIDGES because a bridge is a software and or HARDWARE connection between computers using the same protocol.

and it is not A because routers are fat and slow.. so why would they be used to connect to just 1 other network.. a freakin HUB WOULD BE USED. THEY ARE FASTER. A FREAKIN SWITCH IS FASTER THAN A ROUTER.. IM FASTER THAN A ROUTER.. SO IT AINT ROUTER
Take it easy bro. And anyways a hub would definantly not connect to another network... ur completely wrong mate that would create network lag as the hub would send the data to every switch and from there the switch would read the addressed recipient and realise that this IP does not exist on its zone, and it will be discarded.

And a switch faster than a router? especially Between two different networks definantly not. A router maps the paths of the network and will send the data to the recieving computer via the fastest route. So your wrong again. I suggest you do your homework before you criticise others.

Last edited by a moderator:

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
bevstarrunner said:
6 is A

Customers are not participants
What?

The person is using the Information system DIRECTLY...
they are punching in their PIN etc directly into the information system therefore they are the participants of that information system.

Also:

I think ..17 is D

why are people saying A??

how can many customers have the same transaction?

However one customer should be able to complete many transactions.

Also many of the SAME movie can have many barcodes..
therefore: 1 movie ID has MANY barcodes...
so the only answer is D.

Also:

Question 19,

As evident, parity check would have been successful in this error checking because 2 of them only have 1 bit corrupt. So answer cannot be B. Also there is no way checksum 's adding would not detect an error in this situation, so the only answer i see possible is C.

if anyone thinks i am wrong, please explain your reasons.

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
BrentMcKendrick said:
ur completely wrong mate.
Yes, he is.

I is a switch and definatly not a gateway because it is connecting computers with the same protocal.

II is a hub because it is not connecting different networks together, it could also be a swtich but that isnt one of the answers.

and III has to be a router because it is connecting different connections together via a communication network and definatly not a hub as BrentMcKendrick's reason's stated.
Who knows what type of communication link that is, it could be the internet.

stoydgen

Shiftius Curry
HSC
hehe...can i be the first to fess i think i put A for number 1 (runs into hole)

I dont know what i was thinking!

Can someone please explain that one to me?

And with 9, i'm quite sure it is C, coz the 3 network runs off a higher frequency. This question was a bit cague though, as it didnt mention wether it was talking about a streaming video transmission or just video files. B still doesnt sound right, coz although colour screens provide a better interface, it dosnt mention anything about a camera, which would be required to transmit video/images.

Running off a higher frequency allows faster data transmission, unless i'm mistaken (isnt that why wireless networks run on 2.4ghz apart from avoiding interference). greater frequency allows a greater amount of variation in the wave, thus more variations (which represent data) would equal higher speeds. It's been clearly stated the three network transmits at like 8 times higher bandwidth than standard stuff (GPRS).

I think i stuffed up the multiple choice big time :(

Mind you i only got 15/20 for the trial..and i wasnt complaining with my overall mark heh.

bevstarrunner

Maths Nut
HSC
haboozin said:
Also:

Question 19,

As evident, parity check would have been successful in this error checking because 2 of them only have 1 bit corrupt. So answer cannot be B. Also there is no way checksum 's adding would not detect an error in this situation, so the only answer i see possible is C.

if anyone thinks i am wrong, please explain your reasons.
19 is A

You can work it out...the checksum is still the same if you correct the sequence
ie. if one of them is changed, then the parity bit will also change back, so it will add to the same checksum.

a_person86

HSC
19 is A --> Parity bit detects an error but checksum doesnt as the sum of the bits is still the same!

9 is B --> C sounds like an intelligent answer, but i disagree. All networks can send images and videos, their not referring to videotalk conversation shit - "allow transmission of video and images in addition to voice." Thats mms and gprs and shit, all networks have that. Anyway, when did we ever learn about that in IPT :S. The most obvious and logical answer was correct - B. The colour screens was a recent technology that provides a better interface for videos and images!

Jait

HSC
N/A
Some thoughts

You probably all over this by now and past caring but…

I have taught IPT for 5 years now and don’t claim to fully understand how the BOS marks sometimes but I will go out on a limb and the following would be my answers:

Italic Quotes are from the syllabus and should be considered the BOS “Solution”

1 A - Data Flow Diagram

“use system design tools to:
* better understand the system
* assist in explaining the operation of the new system
* document the new system”

Participant background is potentially important but I would argue it should be irrelevant as the manual should be usable by anyone.

4 D
I could provide arguments for A, C and D here. In reality digital signals are transmitted in analog form (waves) and technically there is no such thing as a digital wave. Therefore both A and C could be technically correct. But the keyword in the question is digital and digital signals have discrete points such as those in answer D. This along with the fact that you cant have both A and C as correct the answer should be D.

6 A – User Only maybe C

“participants - the people who carry out the information processes within the information system”

I am unsure of how the BOS thinks of the customer. While the customer is involved in several information processes I believe the BOS might not consider the customer to be “within” the system. C is possible though as he does have direct contact with the hardware and I haven’t found any texts that clarify one way or the other. Not a nice question and it is very close to a 50/50.

9 B screens (Maybe C)

Higher frequency may allow the transmission of more bits in a signal but strictly speaking this is wrong because higher transmission rates is only offered by a "broader" frequency. Colour screens would only be required for viewing colour photos. You could also argue that you could still transmit photos at the slower speed so it is probably B - . Another 50/50.

15A Switch Hub Router

Brent is correct in all that he says
Hub – multiport connector with shared bandwidth across the ports (all ports share in the 100MB). It is shared because every message gets sent to every port. Not good for linking networks
Switch – Multiport connector with individual bandwidth for each port (each port gets 100Mb each) Higher bandwidth is required at that location because it joins multiple hubs. Cannot use IP addresses to deliver data though.
Router – Connects networks and uses IP addressing to deliver communications across distance (eg the Web) . Routers are not slow unless they are overloaded.Routers are the backbone that makes the web work, hubs and switches CANNOT be used for this purpose as they cannot use Ip addresses to deliver communications – only MAC addresses (network card addresses).

This would be the CISCO solution for those who know anything about Cisco

16 B

This is the only one that has all the correct symbols – online input, telecommunications, online display, process etc. The others have multiple errors in them.

17 C (One to Many, One to Many, Many to One)

An unusual question but heres what I think. Relationships are between tables not attributes. The attribute (barcode) is the same at each end so you cant compare it. Compare the tables like this:

One customer conducts many transactions, one transaction may contain many videos, Many videos of the one movie.

19 A

Checksum sees the expected number of bits and doesn’t detect the error. Parity checking would spot the errors in the first and second byte because they have the incorrect number of 1’s.

I guess we will have to wait for the solutions next year to see the answers for 6 and 9.

Last edited:

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Wow, some of you wen't crazy back there, and I have had to modify/delete a lot. A repeat performance will lead to a ban.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)