Multiple Choice (1 Viewer)

Mellonie

HSC
~Hyperion~ said:
then he be one retarded student i'm afraid

HAHAh I KNOW AGEREED, she is bringing some history knowledge into it.. haha Is napoleon a fukn moron he would think its gonna go longer? HAHAHA
WERE GETTING TESTED ON PHYSICS wake up

jarro_2783

HSC
But for this you have to use the right hand grip rule. If you do you will see that the only current that will actually produce a magnetic field so as to oppose the downward fall is one that is in a ring around the full circle as in Q. The break in it in R means that is not possible. Even if it loops back around the two fields then cancel each other out. The same with a current through the inside. There is either no current or the currents cancel each other out.

chensta

HSC
N/A
9 is B :D the broken circuit gets eddy currents, just small ones. If it says 2 falls at the same time, then i might choose it, but 'simulateaneosly', i think the examiner is trying to emphasise that they MUST be at EXACTLY at the same time *hint hint* its not

Mellonie

HSC
cziLofty said:
ok i guess we will have to wait for real answers to put us at peace but for now i can say these answers are correct for SURE, id bet my life on it. or god help me im living in the wrong universe.
1A
9C
end of discussion for those questions (if your still unsure go back over this thread again)

9 aint c god. why the hell do u think p and R are gonna arrive simultaneously... Do u honestly think that P can have eddie currents in it?

This is a eddie current question, as the metal moves it enduces eddie current thus slow down effect.... is achieved. The plastic no eddie currents r induced SO NO SLOW DOWN

STOP EVERY ONE SYAING OH TIS DEFINATELY THIS AND THAT ... cuz u dont know

jarro_2783

HSC
as I just said above, there is no eddie current possible to be produced that can actually create a magnetic field that will slow down the ring.

chensta

HSC
N/A
just a question, has there many cases of a question having 2 right answers in the past? if so, then i think most of us are safe, ie the DC battery question:

'when the switch is closed'

could mean, when it is being closed

OR

when it IS closed, as in closed for a while etc

cziLofty

HSC
ohh bah AARRRHHH wrong question...not 9C...5C oohh man *hits self in head once more*
revised after typo:
1A
5C

Toby Buchanan

HSC
Oh shit I think you're right... That's pretty fucked though, because upon first inspection, you would possibly say that it has a shorter range.. so if you put that, then u get it right.. multiple choice is a bit of a joke.. how can you know what napoleon expected? Maybe he was some maths gimp or maybe he had a beatiful mind... I think knowing what one expects goes into the field of mind reading rather than physics..... But anyway, I'm pretty happy, most of my answers seem to be correct...just with question 8, one of the people above said that the current was DC.. If it's being transormed it has to be AC.. so why would it not just be D?

jarro_2783

HSC
chensta said:
just a question, has there many cases of a question having 2 right answers in the past? if so, then i think most of us are safe, ie the DC battery question:

'when the switch is closed'

could mean, when it is being closed

OR

when it IS closed, as in closed for a while etc
That's what I wondered in my solutions. That's never happened before, but there was one question that they screwed up because they completely misunderstood the theory of relativity so they just didn't count the question.

ying123123

q9
u gotta ask ureslf these qeustion
wat wieghts more copper or plastic?
and does eddy current flow on broken copper?
u got one then u answers is correct

jarro_2783

HSC
oh my goodness. Where have you been the last 200 years. It doesn't matter how much something weighs. I can drop a cannon and a cannonball of a cliff and they will both land at the same time.

cziLofty

HSC
i second that...ying i sencerly hope you did NOT study physics and are just a spectator

AreYouAlright?

Actuarial Co-op 2006
HSC
Having checked the answers with a physics teacher there are only two that are meant to be A. So all your answers are WRONG! I got fooled by the first question, yes that is meant to be A also the other A one is supposedly Planck but i said Einstein as the question said "explained" it will be interesting to see what BOS makes the answer. Hoping for 13-14/15

TomT

HSC
anyone who thinks the answer to question 4 is not c or d is an idiot, think about landing a space shuttle that is in orbit, it fires rockets forward to slow it down so it can land. Why would a space probe be any different to a space shuttle?
because youre an idiot. thats why

jebba_d

Dumsum said:
OK everyone, for that orbit question (Q4) here is my thinking: Yes, slower speed means larger orbit. But maybe it's not that so much, as larger orbit meaning slower speed. See, for the object to move outwards like that, it would have to GAIN Gravitational Potential Energy. Where would this come from? It said the rocket was fired forward halving speed, so if anything, energy has been lost. I think C (falling back to earth) is the best answer.
for every radius there is a velocity corrospondant to keep it in orbit. by slowing the velocity the satellite spirals inwards. this sort of thing also comes up in quanta2quarks with electron orbits, however bohrs postualtes say that electrons exist in stable orbits.

B.J

HSC
QUESTION 5 100% SURE ANSWER IS C

if you dont believe me check bottom of page 9 of physics context 2 if you got that

Anybody know definitely the answer for 15?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)