Multiple state ranks?!? Asking the class of 2020 (1 Viewer)

hcarlon

HSC
Is anyone here on BoS close with a 2020 english/science/math state ranker (or is one themselves)? To help our struggling juniors out, what was their approach to studying throughout the year? I certainly still don't know the proper way to study. Is there really an interplay between some natural talent and hard work?

After digging around a bit, I've noticed many state rankers "two-time" tutoring centres i.e. going two places for a single subject. I hesitate to suggest this to my juniors who hope to get a high ATAR. It's expensive and certainly quite damaging to students' health as they become stressed so early on.

I'm particularly interested in Sariena Ye; state ranks in all her subjects... How can a human possibly achieve this, knowing that we're all flawed? The last time this happened was with Shelley She, also a James Ruse graduate, with the same set of subjects if I recall correctly. If anyone could provide insight into how Sariena managed this godly feat, please share with the rest of us. Is she like the others and possibly private tutored?

idkkdi

HSC
Is anyone here on BoS close with a 2020 english/science/math state ranker (or is one themselves)? To help our struggling juniors out, what was their approach to studying throughout the year? I certainly still don't know the proper way to study. Is there really an interplay between some natural talent and hard work?

After digging around a bit, I've noticed many state rankers "two-time" tutoring centres i.e. going two places for a single subject. I hesitate to suggest this to my juniors who hope to get a high ATAR. It's expensive and certainly quite damaging to students' health as they become stressed so early on.

I'm particularly interested in Sariena Ye; state ranks in all her subjects... How can a human possibly achieve this, knowing that we're all flawed? The last time this happened was with Shelley She, also a James Ruse graduate, with the same set of subjects if I recall correctly. If anyone could provide insight into how Sariena managed this godly feat, please share with the rest of us. Is she like the others and possibly private tutored?
sariena's feat is due to hardwork, talent, luck, brainpower and us being too dumb lol.

aandablitzer

HSC
Yeah I would assume that a ridiculous amount of tutoring comes into it. I don't see how you could get a state rank except in maybe English or a foreign language subject without loads of tutoring.

s97127

HSC
I don't see Sariena Ye on Zhang and Dr Du's web site so i wonder if she went to ACE?

idkkdi

HSC
She probably down tho tutoring as the smartest ppl usually never go tutoring
lol. its basically impossible to state rank stem subjects in top 5 school without tutoring.
to bag that internal ranking tutoring is kinda needed.

sariena ye probs went tutoring for all her subjects like basically every single other 4u, phys, chem student at ruse pretty sure.

Last edited:

s97127

HSC
Sariena Ye got a bronze medal in International Chemistry Olympiad so in theory she does not need to go to tutoring but science olympians rarely got high enough to become state ranker. If she did not go to any tutoring, i would be very surprised and i want to know her secrets :)

idkkdi

HSC
Sariena Ye got a bronze medal in International Chemistry Olympiad so in theory she does not need to go to tutoring but science olympians rarely got high enough to become state ranker. If she did not go to any tutoring, i would be very surprised and i want to know her secrets :)
this is creepy levels of simping.

if there was a secret other than handwork to getting good, i would expect a lot more people to be getting better results.

Last edited:

black.mamba

HSC
lol all three ppl in the aus chem olympiad team from Sydney were top 6 in the state for chem

s97127

HSC
lol all three ppl in the aus chem olympiad team from Sydney were top 6 in the state for chem
yes, you are correct. I did not check them out this year but i did last year and none of them got state rank (Joshua from Shore and William from Knox)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)