Murali > Warne -- says Flintoff (1 Viewer)

garbagedump

HSC
N/A
i would say murali>warne when the pressure is on but warne>murali when there is less pressure during the mathc

what do u mean by "claims" it has been proven durr.
Mr Warney wouldnt say anything because it's not a big issue mate...batsmen always prefer one bowler over another so i dont even know why this thread has been created.

SarahMary

*Procrastination Central*
HSC
If they have to change the rules so that you can bowl, well you cant be that great (Not that i'm saying Muralitharan's shit, they just shouldn't have to change the rules for him to bowl. If he can get to International cricket level, then I'm sure he can fix his bowling style)
Warne> Murali

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
garbagedump said:
i would say murali>warne when the pressure is on but warne>murali when there is less pressure during the mathc
I would like to refer you to the 1999 World Cup Semi-Final, Australia vs South Africa.

I would THEN like to refer you to the recent VB Series, Sri Lanka vs Australia at the SCG.

Murali bowls better than Warne under pressure?

Can't wait to tell that joke at university next week!

Jimmy_B

HSC
what are the chances of this thread remaining civilised? this debate has been done so many times.

SarahMary

*Procrastination Central*
HSC
Mike Ockisard said:
he can't - he has a medical condition where his elbow/arm cannot go straight
I know, maybe i'm just being picky. But I don't think they should change a rule for just one player. Probably should have worded the above better

musik_junky

HSC
I kind of agree with Mike. I mean at the beginning it was kind of funny. Murali also looks funny when he bowls - with those big googly eyes. Also, we didn't know about all these biomechanical tests. But now its just sad. I mean after 11 years, to be still going on about it? S A D.

garbagedump

HSC
N/A
dragonz, mike....im talking about their overall performances...not PARTICULAR ones

HannahMc

HSC
Mike Ockisard said:
he can't - he has a medical condition where his elbow/arm cannot go straight
And many other athletes have had injuries preventing them from continuing their careers. Why should the rules be changed for Murali?

As for who is better? Warne. Not only are his results excellent, especially for one getting on in years but I'm a big fan of his style, which biases me somewhat.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
HannahMc said:
And many other athletes have had injuries preventing them from continuing their careers. Why should the rules be changed for Murali?

As for who is better? Warne. Not only are his results excellent, especially for one getting on in years but I'm a big fan of his style, which biases me somewhat.
its not an injury, he was born with itm its not like he broke the arm or something. plus, he nots 'chucking' the ball, i mean if he did, he would way way way better than warne.

simply put this: murali is better than warne. warne has a apalling record in the subcontinent- its so appalling its ridiculous. Ganguly and tendulkar absolutely hammered him all over the park its not funny. saying that- leg spin is a lot harder to bowl than off-spin, but as a spinner muralia is better i think. his average, age etc says it all.

funnybunny

funniest bunny in th land
HSC
hannah, do u actually think logically? ur *analogy* is completedly different to murali's situation.

most of the injuries that occur to athletes causes them to not be able to run as fast thus they are performing well below other athletes and are OUTCOMPETED and that's why it prevents them from continuing their careers...however if someone with a disability can run as well as non-disabled athletes there is no rule stopping them. however murali is still able to bowl well so he is able to continue with his carrer.
and as hotshot posted, it is not an injury

simmo89

HSC
SarahMary said:
I know, maybe i'm just being picky. But I don't think they should change a rule for just one player. Probably should have worded the above better
Exactly, you cant just change the rules for one guy. I would like the rules changed so that when I bat the umpire doesnt give me out. Thats essentially what Murali is doing, legalised cheating.

Warne will always be the better bowler. Murali is the better baseball pitcher.

HannahMc

HSC
funnybunny said:
hannah, do u actually think logically? ur *analogy* is completedly different to murali's situation.

most of the injuries that occur to athletes causes them to not be able to run as fast thus they are performing well below other athletes and are OUTCOMPETED and that's why it prevents them from continuing their careers...however if someone with a disability can run as well as non-disabled athletes there is no rule stopping them. however murali is still able to bowl well so he is able to continue with his carrer.
and as hotshot posted, it is not an injury
Apologies, I was under the impression Murali hurt his arm 3 or 4 years back in an accident, I didn't know he was born that way.

There are many sports, such as cross country skiing, where if a person is born with too much hemoglobin they are barred from competition from say the Olympics. I know my mother falls into this category, she had her hemoglobin counted and was discovered to have almost a man's level, and so would not be allowed in the Olympics.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
HannahMc said:
Apologies, I was under the impression Murali hurt his arm 3 or 4 years back in an accident, I didn't know he was born that way.

There are many sports, such as cross country skiing, where if a person is born with too much hemoglobin they are barred from competition from say the Olympics. I know my mother falls into this category, she had her hemoglobin counted and was discovered to have almost a man's level, and so would not be allowed in the Olympics.
buts thats not the case with cricket. these bowling angle only came into light when they found about murali's condition. Before there were no problems, if you notice only the australian umpires were against his action, noone else. No other umpire shouted out no-ball whenever he bowled.

also these changes make the sport more fair thats all, it doesnt give any advantage to murali. a lot changes have been made, eg 20/20 supersub etc. so wat if changes are made?

HannahMc

HSC
HotShot said:
buts thats not the case with cricket. these bowling angle only came into light when they found about murali's condition. Before there were no problems, if you notice only the australian umpires were against his action, noone else. No other umpire shouted out no-ball whenever he bowled.

also these changes make the sport more fair thats all, it doesnt give any advantage to murali. a lot changes have been made, eg 20/20 supersub etc. so wat if changes are made?
I guess we just have a different opinion than you on this. I feel if a person is born with a defect that breaks the rules, they shouldn't be allowed to play. It keeps the game fair, at least in my opinion.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
HannahMc said:
I guess we just have a different opinion than you on this. I feel if a person is born with a defect that breaks the rules, they shouldn't be allowed to play. It keeps the game fair, at least in my opinion.
by not allowing them to play -itself is unfair to the system. they have every right to play as long as they play by the rules - which murali does.

you will the majority of player will agree that murali does chuck the ball. its only the fans now who dont like him, even the umpires have agreed. the rules were changed only to allow some idiots to accept the fact that murali doesnt chuck. murali has undergone test in perth and they found out he doesnt chuck.

if you really wanna be fair, then every single player should undergo these test, i am sure a lot of bowlers will breaking the extension limit.

buts the how game is , murali is accepted and his bowling is allowed, statistically speakin he is better. opinion wise, well that can fluctate.

King2

HSC
HotShot said:
Actually your wrong. The first person to be no-balled for chucking was Ernest Jones in the later 1800s. After that Tony Lock, the English spinner was no-balled when he bowled his quicker bowl during the 1950's. Australian fast bowler Ian Meckiff was criticised about his action. Geoff Griffin, the South African fast bowler was no-balled 11 times in one game. He responded by bowling under arm :p

You also have many cases of "illegal actions" being brought up after the Muttiah no-balling in 1996. Big names include Shoiab Akthar, Brett Lee, Kumara Dharmasena and many more. The issue of "chucking" is just stupid.

Hannah made the claim that he should not be playing cricket. I think that's truely unfair for any person who is "handicapped" in some way or another since we do not have a sport called para-cricket.

Having opinions about Muttiah action is one thing but some people do blow it out of proposition.

dddman

Banned
HSC
i got a better statement,

mundine = flintoff = hewitt = fallen italian in the box fuck i dont care wat his names is on the personality front, all dickheads that should fall and die

sideshowtim

HSC
King2 said:
Actually your wrong. The first person to be no-balled for chucking was Ernest Jones in the later 1800s. After that Tony Lock, the English spinner was no-balled when he bowled his quicker bowl during the 1950's. Australian fast bowler Ian Meckiff was criticised about his action. Geoff Griffin, the South African fast bowler was no-balled 11 times in one game. He responded by bowling under arm :p

You also have many cases of "illegal actions" being brought up after the Muttiah no-balling in 1996. Big names include Shoiab Akthar, Brett Lee, Kumara Dharmasena and many more. The issue of "chucking" is just stupid.

Hannah made the claim that he should not be playing cricket. I think that's truely unfair for any person who is "handicapped" in some way or another since we do not have a sport called para-cricket.

Having opinions about Muttiah action is one thing but some people do blow it out of proposition.
Murali was judged to be over the legal limit when he was first called for chucking. The ICC then changed the rules as to not cause too much trouble.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)