• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

MUSE in sydney jan 07! (1 Viewer)

Ingoesout

HSC
N/A
Seriously I would have paid thousands just for the encore alone. Faaaaaanfreakingtastic!
Anyone get a set list? My brains won't cooperate, all I can remember is it started with Take A Bow and finished with Knights of Cydonia in the second encore... but that might even be wrong!!
Seriously all i can put together is: crazy crazy epic wailing jumping sweating guitars guitars hot hot looooove grooving fun fun balloons big big baloons crazy video crazy magical touch me touch me heart bursting happinessss... sigh,

But seriously the best idea I had all night was moving back from the 2nd row (even though it took so much work to get there) as about a third way the view of the band was SPECTACULAR, it was sliiightly less crowded (like, i could manage the odd breath on occasion) and it's like ok, Im here to see MUSE and go wild, not have my face stuffed into someones sweaty armpit who is trying to kill me in order to get infront of me.

but once again, omg the encores. Both of them. Oh My God!

edit: hahah oh the poor ground components. They're really not bad, but how can you even TRY to open for a band ike MUSE... there are no bands like muse! Tough job. Atleast they can be humbled in the fact that MUSE chose them.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
OK this is what I remember... it isn't in the right order except for the ones bolded haha

take a bow
supermassive black hole

new born
time is running out
bliss
invincible
starlight
hoodoo
feeling good
plug in baby
knights of cydonia
hysteria
stockholm syndrome

Did I leave anything out?

And yes, the encores were absolutely insane. Ingoesout - they finished with Stockholm Syndrome, not Knights. I think they finished with that in 2004, too.. and what a way to end the night...

this is the last time i forget you.... I WISH I COULD

<3333

Ingoesout

HSC
N/A
bubz :D said:
OK this is what I remember... it isn't in the right order except for the ones bolded haha

take a bow
supermassive black hole
new born
time is running out
bliss
invincible
starlight
hoodoo
feeling good
plug in baby
knights of cydonia
hysteria
stockholm syndrome

Did I leave anything out?

And yes, the encores were absolutely insane. Ingoesout - they finished with Stockholm Syndrome, not Knights. I think they finished with that in 2004, too.. and what a way to end the night...

this is the last time i forget you.... I WISH I COULD

<3333
hahah yeah like i said, nothing in my brain is in the correct order, i was just so overwhelmed and in awe. I like remember them playing every song... just not sure what went where.

Im still grinning like an idiot. I just can't stop. This is one concert I'm not oing to get over for a long long time.

lengy

HSC
They also played Forced In and Soldier's Poem. When they played Hysteria I was in heaven. I was waiting the whole night for it and when they finished with the last song... fuck that was the most brilliant concert ever!

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
lengy said:
They also played Forced In and Soldier's Poem. When they played Hysteria I was in heaven. I was waiting the whole night for it and when they finished with the last song... fuck that was the most brilliant concert ever!
I went positively NUTS when they played Hysteria, which is one of my favourite songs of all time. Malfoy was sitting next to me and I just like, leapt four feet in the air and screamed. lol.

Oh and rememeber, they played Map of the Problematique second, which has become one of my fave Muse songs. It sounded bloody fantastic. And Butterflies! Omg Butterflies! *dead*

the last laugh
HSC
What!! They played Butterflies?!?! I don't remember that!

And yeahh Hysteria - probably my favourite Muse song too. I screamed and screamed and screamed, and Lengy kissed my extremely sweaty face hahaahahah

I can't wait to see them again tomorrow, I'll be waiting impatiently the whole day for it hahaha. When they came on stage, I had tears in my eyes and just stood there with my hand over my mouth... it was just awesome.

My sis also says they finished with Knights... maybe it's ME going insane, not ingoesout :p

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
My throat was sore for the rest of the night from belting out the lyrics as loud as I possibly could. Just for THAT song I wish I was in the pit.

And OMG YES THEY PLAYED BUTTERFLIES! And he was fucking AWESOME on the piano!

You get to go to BDO :(

the last laugh
HSC
I'm talking to my friend who just got back, he said they closed with Take a Bow this time! I think the set list changed slightly because they DIDN'T play Bliss, which really pissed my friend off.

(He was so jealous when I told him that they played Bliss last night, and how we were all jumping up and down as one, screaming GIVE ME THE PEACE AND JOY IN YOUR LIFE...........)

Ahhh

HSC
N/A
Tonight was the BEST TIME EVER.

(Matt Bellamy is SO FUCKING HOT.)

Just the solos in Hysteria and Butterflies were more than worth the admissions.

The list was something like:

Assassin
Butterflies and Hurricanes
Map of the Problematique
New Born
Instrumental
Sunburn
Invincible
Hysteria
Feeling Good
Instrumental
Supermassive Black Hole
Time Is Running Out
Plug In Baby
Falling Down
Solo
(ENCORES)
Starlight
Stockholm Syndrome
Knights of Cydonia
Take A Bow

EDIT: And they didn't play Bliss. ;__; I would've loved that.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Malfoy said:
Yeah, it's true. She went absolutely crazy, lol.

Everyone getting their phones out for Soldier's Poem was absolutely amazing, though. And opening with Take A Bow was just perfect.
Oh yeah that's right! Heaps of people had their phones/cameras on during the show but just after the interlude when they came back on stage and he said something like "now's the time to get our your phones and lighters" and EVERYONE DID. It was blow-your-mind good.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
vulgarfraction said:
Tonight was the BEST TIME EVER.

(Matt Bellamy is SO FUCKING HOT.)

Just the solos in Hysteria and Butterflies were more than worth the admissions.
Oh like dude, yes. Butterflies was just..there is no words.

And yes, Matt is weirdly hot in a lanky, geeky kind of way. lol

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
It's the English, I tell you. Chris Martin from Coldplay can do it too. *swoon*

lengy

HSC
But sukiyaki said they did play Bliss... oh well.

I'm pretty sure it was Stockholm Syndrome, ( darkness then encore ), Hysteria and then Knights Of Cydonia.

And it was the back of your sweaty, messy hair because I was so happy they played Hysteria! :p

I was so exhausted from jumping and almost lost my voice from screaming out the lyrics. :)

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
oh shiet sorry
i forgot what songs were played think got it mixed up with another song
damn tiredness sorry guys ;__;

wish it went longer :( i wanted more!
i think the opening act was a disappointment well morely i got annoyed with the lead pelvic movements

pc4pc

HSC
HI there. =]

official setlist for the second sydney show.
hordern pavilion 24th.

ASSASSIN - who would have guessed? wonderful opener!
BUTTERFLIES & HURRICANES
MAP OF THE PROBLEMATIQUE
NEW BORN
SUPERMASSIVE BLACK HOLE - i loved the supermassive dancing robots on the screens hehe
CITY OF DELUSION
FORCED IN
HYSTERIA
SUNBURN
FEELING GOOD
INVINCIBLE - my personal favourite from that night
TIME IS RUNNING OUT
PLUG IN BABYYYYY
KNIGHTS OF CYDONIA
encore
STARLIGHT
STOCKHOLM SYNDROME
TAKE A BOW

indeed, ground component did suck with their boring songs about toothpicks or some shit and their hillsong looking band. they also finished with a ten minute song just to make things worse. but MUSE, my gosh.. i reckon that setlist was one of the best on the black holes tour. if only they had played exo-politics and kept the final song to stockholm syndrome..

oh and thank god they didn't play hoodoo :rofl:

can anyone tell me why they don't play sing for absolution on this tour?

pc4pc

HSC
ooo. damn our hordern sign only said

MUSE
24 JAN

lol. thanks for sharing them pics.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)