Muse (1 Viewer)

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
To go with my newfound interest in alternative music (thanks to the influence of my housemate) i bought a new cd today - Muse's Origin of Symmetry...

I figgured its better to start with some of the older stuff that i've already been somewhat familarised with before jumping into their latest cd.

I'm really liking Plug in Baby and New Born i think it is - and have to say falling in love with Matthew Bellamy (spelling is terrible sorry).

So any other Muse fans here???

Last edited:

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
get absolution. amazing album, though origin of symmetry is up there too.

showbiz isn't bad, my favourites off that are unintended and uno

Purp|e

miesynth
HSC
mm, being a past obsessee (if that's even a word :eek:) ... origin and showbiz > all. and mike is right, they are mad live... how long ago was their hordern show? that was pretty rad

anyway get the hullabaloo dvd

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
Purp|e said:
mm, being a past obsessee (if that's even a word :eek:) ... origin and showbiz > all. and mike is right, they are mad live... how long ago was their hordern show? that was pretty rad

anyway get the hullabaloo dvd
matty c > you.

enjay66

HSC
*puts hand up* muse fan here! Really enjoyed Absolution - plus many of the earlier works...and I have to say I cant wait to get my hands on that new album I see floating around JB Hi Fi (because all other cd shops suck..kinda=P)....must save up...gah...lack of money!

Tom BMGS

HSC
That Suppermassive Black Hole song is one of the most irritating songs by a semi-credible artist I've ever heard. Everytime I hear it I want to break the radio.

HepAlien

HSC
Well, they don't mind experimenting with different sounds, so I guess if you don't dig Supermassive Black Hole, I'd recommend their older stuff prior to the album Black Holes and Revelations.

But of course, if SBH irritates you that much, then I guess you may not feel compelled to try them again ;) :p

Personally, as far as albums go: Origin of Symmetry > Showbiz > Absolution > Black Holes and Revelations.

lengy

HSC
What's everyone's favourite Muse track or album and for what reasons?

1. Hysteria - I loved the video clip with that guy and the girl in the hotel room. First Muse song and video clip I ever saw in the middle of the night on rage. I love the opening with the bass followed by the drums, very dramatic how the bass continues then to the electrifying guitar. The lyrics and passionate and you can feel the emotion seeping through each line. About two thirds of the way through the guitars come alive. This is possibly the best part of the track and then it finishes just as it starts, dramatic and purposeful. The fact that, on the Absolution album, the Interlude works perfectly leading up to Hysteria, and Blackout providing a completely contrasted song to Hysteria but following with the bass and drums is perfect.

lengy

HSC
Yeah it's quite decent, probably the best part of that song, but the song is agreeable some of the time only, not all. I like the lyrics but the way it's presented isn't always an easy listen to me.

lengy

HSC
I personally haven't heard enough of Radiohead to compare but from what I've listened to they don't sound like Muse.

I prefer the guitars, but I love piano. Ruled By Secrecy has beautiful piano work, when it's with the drums. It's so dark yet so delicate. Since I know you also like Evanesence I think we share the same taste in piano work. The instrumental piano worked with the darker music tones of drums and guitars provides a gothic sort of mix that I love very much. Yet at the same time their is more upbeat tones from say Bliss, which is how the song feels, blissful.

live.fast

HSC
N/A
Hysteriiaaa is fuken AWESOME!!!
sunburn, ahhhh fukkk-best song out
da acoustic version sounds fuken awesome too, n da one for muscle museum...bloody brilliant!

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
muse are one of those bands im a bit blaze' about... i like a few of their songs but the rest seem to merge into non remarkable tracks

ive tried really hard but i just cant get into them

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
Quite a big fan of Muse, I got Absolution signed by Bellamy during their 2004 tour :) Loved their live show, hoping i get BDO '07 tickets

HSC
N/A
Tom BMGS said:
That Suppermassive Black Hole song is one of the most irritating songs by a semi-credible artist I've ever heard. Everytime I hear it I want to break the radio.
Agreed. It came on when I put the album on and I was just like, "...WTF this is so fucking BRITPOP."

But the rest of the album is really good..

Origin of Symmetry was probably the best album, the the new one.

Best songs: hysteria (the riffs, man), starlight, city of delusion, bliss, sing for absolution...

..no, I'll go on too long.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
vulgarfraction said:
Agreed. It came on when I put the album on and I was just like, "...WTF this is so fucking BRITPOP."

But the rest of the album is really good..

Origin of Symmetry was probably the best album, the the new one.

Best songs: hysteria (the riffs, man), starlight, city of delusion, bliss, sing for absolution...

..no, I'll go on too long.
What's wrong with britpop????

As for Muse, I think their music is much too overbloated to take seriously.

Last edited:

Gangels

HSC
I reckon Muse have great music but when they're live, they're just so wanky. They ruin the music for me and it makes me want to leave will mooning them with a fake arse.

lengy

HSC
I watch some of their performance live on youtube and they look awesome. I love how they alter the tracks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)