music 1 comp time limits (1 Viewer)

flchbulhcbuow

native_child
HSC
oi the limit is four minutes for music one right? can you go over slightly by a few seconds, coz my teacher is saying that i can't even go over like 3 seconds.... i;ve got my composition down to 4.02mins....

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
It's best to keep it under 4:00 minutes. Don't give the markers any chances to take off marks.
One of my Comp's is dead on 4:00 lol. You should see if you can cut out silences at the beginning and end of the recording to save time.
Or you could speed up the recording by about 1 or 2 BPM, that should cut it back a bit and the marker won't notice, unless they have a metronome. ;)
They are due on monday :D Yay haha.

Last edited:

flchbulhcbuow

native_child
HSC
ahh! i've already sped it up... i was at about 5mins then i had to cut a section out, and it by bit i've cut little peices out and sped sections up... it's gunna sound so shonky...it should be dead on 4mins after i've changed the first bar into an anacrusis...
oi also what do rekon about repeats in ternary form... my forms simple - just ABA... there are no real changes in the 2nd section A expect a few small things...do you reckon markers look down on repeats?
have you got one due too? how yours going? what topic are you covering?

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
They shouldn't look down on the repeats, as long as you supply enough variety etc. within the repeated sections. Remember: the marker doesn't mark the final recording, they mark the score, the recording is just an auditory example of whats on the sheet.

I'm doing two Compositions. The subjects are:

-Technology in music (Revisited).
-Music for a large ensemble.

The tech in music is a classical piece in which I "Pervert" the sound of a string orchestra using electronic effects.

The ensemble piece is a Boogie-woogie brass band song. It has many repeated sections, but each repeated section introduces a new instrument or variation of the previous rendition.

Tech was finished months ago. Ensemble was recorded and finalised today. Just tweaking the score now :D

flchbulhcbuow

native_child
HSC
bloody hell! your so much more organised than me... i started my compositions way back in january and i've still got shit loads to do for both...i planned on finishing both about a month ago... time flies when your having fun...
i imported mine in sebalius at school so i can't really do much at home for one of them so i've been staying back after school til like 6 evey night for the past week and been flat out on my other one at home...
well i should stop having a winge about mine now...
good luck with your compositions!

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
I know what you mean. I stayed back till about 4:30 yesterday with the teacher trying to figure out Finale and get a final copy printed for the recording today. I got to school at a quater past 6 to begin the recording. Haven't stopped since. Lol.

Thanks and Best of luck to you, you sound like you need it :uhhuh:

flchbulhcbuow

native_child
HSC
i used finale too, then imported in music master, then into sebalius.. each program has it pros and cons...
cheers

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Finales problem is that it's on drugs. Nothing is simple. You want to split a stave? There are litterally 15 different ways to do it. Not designed to be user friendly lol.

(Finale):hammer:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)