(Music 2) Aural Exams (1 Viewer)

大きい男

HSC
My final preliminary exam for music 2 is in 2 days and I have a question regarding the exam. When the excerpt for one question is being played, am I allowed to answer parts of another question? For example, if I complete all of question 1 before the last playing has occurred, can I complete some of the score reading questions (e.g. identify a chord) that are later on in the exam? Or do I have to wait for that excerpt to be played before starting the question? I would hate to waste time on this exam as my cohort (of only 5 students) is highly competitive.

Zyphronic

HSC
I doubt you'll have time. You usually would listen to the all the playings, so you can make sure you have all of the detail you need.

It should be fine to skip ahead and do something simple like Chord Identification, just as you said. I wouldn't recommend switching between two questions as it can cause your ideas to become clogged. It's impractical. I would also suggest asking your teacher whether you are allowed to do it.

With score reading questions, most of the questions require active listening of the excerpt, unless you have perfect pitch. In that case, you can hear it in your head.

You should go with whatever suits you, but make sure you ask the teacher if you are allowed. I'm doing Music 2 as well and I'm not sure if you can be penalised for moving on to another question.

I hope I helped in some way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)