music 2 essay prep (1 Viewer)

olay

HSC
hey guys :)

just wondering what u have done to prep for the essay q'n + how many pieces you have analysed for it. :) GOOD LUCK GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [can u believe it's so soon :S eek]. wishing you all the best. xox

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
just the concepts on your core and additional topic. That's as much we can prepare for.... I think...

Good luck to you too!

olay

HSC
well basically what i have done is broken my pieces up into the elements of music and described what is done + what its purpose is... and will later write about how this fits into the time period. is that pretty much all we can do??

thanks for the luck + i love ur alicia pic :D

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
yeah you should know at least 2 works from the mandatory topic (music from last 25 years) and 2 works form your additional topic really well. Cos they can ask you questions that involve comparing 2 works from each topic, or 2 works from one of the topics... they could ask you stuff such as compare and contrast using one or more of the musical concepts, or describe how unity and balance, etc... and also remember to memorise a few quotes to use as musical examples on the manuscript paper... it sucks how we only have 20 minutes to write an esay! thats so silly i reckon - theres just not enough time!!!

olay

HSC
ahh cool. yep i think that's what i've prepped for. and i've prepped for quotes too. glad to know i'm on the right track. thanks muchly!!! :) and :S don't get me started on the lousy 20 mins. what do they expect, giving us 20 mins to write an essay?? jesuit. >=/

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
just analysis of the selected works under the headings... be prepared to have to compare your selected work with one of the unseen works in the exam.

and of course, quotes. so stupid the time restraints!! ugh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)