Music 2 (1 Viewer)

Adam B

HSC
Music 2 - Major works needed

I'm the only music 2 student at my school, and havent studied many Australian works

Do you know of many that the scores are available for?
or any at all?

Last edited:

olay

HSC
head to the australian music centre, 18 hickson rd, the Rocks. :) it shall be your haven.

Adam B

HSC
Thanx for that, i shall go there

What are some of the pieces that you have studied

Last edited:

chepas

HSC
Originally posted by 5c
past time melodies
by sarah hopkins
Very nice :p

'The Last of His Tribe' - Anne Boyd. cool SSA choir thing.

ccgs_jono

sweet! I'm the only person doing Music 2 at my school too...I'm heaps lucky cos my teacher knows what he's doing and what he's talking about...lol, I've studied a lot of Edwards, Vine, Sculthorpe, Hopkins and anything Australian from the Meet the Music concert series 2003 and this year...

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
theres 2 of us doing music 2 at my school, both of us doing music extension, both of us doing musicology elective.

we've done for our Australian works Ladders of Escape by Michael Smetanin and Past Life Melodies by Sarah Hopkins but personally I have been researching the music of Matthew Hindson (much to my detriment) and Sarah Hopkins (which I've been liking more every day) :)

Olay is right, the AMC is your haven... check out my thread entitled Australian Music Centre for links to the website... you can search their catalogue there too.

Good Luck!

caroline86

Russian Rag - Elena Kats Chernin
Bakery Hill Rising - Vincent Plush

bakery hill rising is your typical australian piece... it's got all the wacky stuff... plenty to write about!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)