Music schools around sydney? (1 Viewer)

lordofthestring

HSC
Hey everyone, i wanted to know what music schools there are around sydney which i can attend to for yr 11 & 12 next year, seeing that the school im at now sux when it comes to music and i want to take it seriously. Please comment if you've got a list of schools or any suggestions.
Cheers

lordofthestring

HSC
pretty much any since i want to play professional( guitar), so, yeh, classical, jazz, rock, anything.

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
There's a music school out west.
The new Australian 'international' Conservatorium of Music's High School. (Years 7-12)
It opened last year I think.
APHA- Australian Perfroming arts Academy or something.

The conservatorium out there in Parramatta isn't a good one- it hasn't got the best teachers or anything, but it is a performing arts high school.

Best bet either Sydney Con high, which is audition entry and academic refferal from old school (but they sometimes waver that if your peformance is good enough), or Newtown HIgh School or performing Arts.

Mitchzmagic

HSC
Well I go to Newtown High School of the Performing Arts and I love it. I got in for music and we take it very seriously and we have the best music produced in Australia. Unless u dont live in Newtown you have to audition. Auditions for year 7 or 11 are around June each year.
Good luck.

lala2

Banned
HSC
If you're looking into private schools I'd say MLC is the best. Otherwise, Newtown, McDonald High Schools of the Performing Arts, and of course, the Con High School, aer all pretty good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)