Music Scoring/Composing Programs (1 Viewer)

Dr_Doom

HSC
I use guitar pro 5.. But I can't seem to show multiple scores at once.. And can't get rid of this guitar score :S

GRX40
HSC
N/A
Dr_Doom said:
I use guitar pro 5.. But I can't seem to show multiple scores at once.. And can't get rid of this guitar score :S
View > Multitrack View - view all instruments on the same page

View > Hide Tablature - hides the TAB staff

Dr_Doom

HSC
187 said:
View > Multitrack View - view all instruments on the same page

View > Hide Tablature - hides the TAB staff
THANKYOU! It looks much better now :p And easier to use :p

erin_tonkin

HSC
i <3 sibelius too!
i have just had composing vomit and got my almost non existant composition to two minutes!! im so excited. does anyone elses composing come in bursts like that?

butterflyxx

HSC
Where can i get Sibelius?

And for Finale, how come i can't change time signatures in the middle of the piece where i need to?

GRX40
HSC
N/A
Check your local music store. If you're in Sydney, Allans has excellent service and is relatively large. If you're a student, you're entitled to an amazing academic discount. However, you should first check if your school has access to the software, which would definitely save you a lot of effort and resources.

As for your question regarding Finale, use the Time Signature Tool. This can be accessed by either clicking on the small "4/4" icon or opening the "Tools" menu and selecting "Time Signature". Once it's in operation, simply double-click the bar in which you would like the change to be enforced and a menu screen will pop up. Simply alter the settings to suit your needs.

butterflyxx

HSC
187 said:
Check your local music store. If you're in Sydney, Allans has excellent service and is relatively large. If you're a student, you're entitled to an amazing academic discount. However, you should first check if your school has access to the software, which would definitely save you a lot of effort and resources.

As for your question regarding Finale, use the Time Signature Tool. This can be accessed by either clicking on the small "4/4" icon or opening the "Tools" menu and selecting "Time Signature". Once it's in operation, simply double-click the bar in which you would like the change to be enforced and a menu screen will pop up. Simply alter the settings to suit your needs.
Hey, thanks! i checked the school comp and they have it. But the teachers are not familiar with it so i gotta play around with it =(

I couldn't find the thing to change the Time Signature on Finale before. Maybe i'll try again, thanks =)

phatic

HSC
Hey, could someone help me out here... I have a Sibelius 4 demo, and can't figure out how to put in dynamics! It's been driving me crazy. Please educate this Sibelius n00b. :D Thanks.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
phatic said:
Hey, could someone help me out here... I have a Sibelius 4 demo, and can't figure out how to put in dynamics! It's been driving me crazy. Please educate this Sibelius n00b. :D Thanks.
click the note

or make sure you have nothing selected

go ="ctrl E"

which is also "create --> expression"

instead of typing p or pp, rightclick the flashing bar and you will have all the dynamics that are pre-designed to look like dynamics! click the one you want

if you didnt click a note before, select where you want to put the dynamic.

You can also drag it around to someplace else.

Hope it helps.

As for crescendos etc, thats "create --> line"

<3 sibelius 4

Last edited:

phatic

HSC
Ah, thanks so much! :D Sorry for another question - is there an *easy* way of making it use these dynamics during the live playback? I found the 'transform live playback' option, but I was kinda hoping for something a bit simpler... something where I don't have to manually put in each numeral value. >_< lol.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
phatic said:
Ah, thanks so much! :D Sorry for another question - is there an *easy* way of making it use these dynamics during the live playback? I found the 'transform live playback' option, but I was kinda hoping for something a bit simpler... something where I don't have to manually put in each numeral value. >_< lol.
I dunno :/ I'll do an exploration.

I have the full version and if I put pp or whatever on something, it'd just do so automatically on live playback.

So I'll fiddle a bit

phatic

HSC
Ah np. It's probably just not working on the demo. Ah well, after two days of it, I'm used to the long way now. Hehe. Thanks heaps for your help.

Niksta123

HSC
Sibelius is awesome i have the latest one that is version 4 and i also have version 3, which ever one you can get they both have benefits...you can do anything on the program its really a time saver and so good!

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I'm yet to figure out how you can do polyrhythms on sibelius though

ie have 3/4 going while you've got 5/4 going etc.

Niksta123

HSC
I'd love to help you with that one..but i wouldnt have a clue...im sure there is a way though! good luck! :)

trake

HSC
Sibelius is really the good one and 4 is out at the moment. I'm not sure whether they still have free upgrades from version to verison but still.
Finale 2005 is pretty good and does the job...much like Sibelius. You can get a less superior download off the Finale website.
For all you geekliness out there Lilypad is the go: a text based way to write your music. However for the great bulk of people non-text based is the go.

Cataclysm

HSC
There is an alright one that I use.. I don't do music in school itself, but I do study music regardless.. It's a free online version, called Noteflight - Sign In

Sorry if it doesn't have all the features you need, it's still in Beta testing and it's fairly new.. But it's good for when you need to jott down melodies and stuff in a hurry and you don't have time to wait for Sibelius to load or when you don't have a USB to take to school etc...

boo92

HSC
sibelius. im using 5 atm coz i couldnt be bothered upgrading to 6 in the middle of my hsc. one of the guys in my class uses 6 and he thinks its really good

m4tt3h

HSC
Sibelius is great for the hsc.

Cakewalk, Cubase, Logic , Pro Tools (8 has sibelius notation engine) all have built in notation engines but all are extremely painful to use.

With sibelius its abit painful to get started. But once you get the hang, its very powerful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)