• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Music Thread (1 Viewer)

artfag

Banned
HSC
wasted_emotions said:
Over the mainstream punk shit. Listen to more underground bands like Underoath, The Used and Matchbook Romance.
those bands are underground?

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
in class today there was this good quote which i will paraphrase terribley. basically it said that new/alternative/subversive genres of music are seen as challenging the establishment when they first come on to the music scene, but are then slowy integrated into the mainstream and watered down until they become the norm and a new genre of music emerges in it's place to once again challenge the norms.
except the person used the metaphor of the genre being a bull and the establishment castrating it and then sending it to the slaughterhouse when it was deemed out of fashion. very snappy

HSC
artfag said:
those bands are underground?

well around the people i hang out with, and everyone at my school they seem to be, they are never played on the radio or video hits or anything. So i would say they are fairly underground.

slip

HSC
there is always good music out there you just have to make some effort to go find it. that not to say what is on the radio is not good... but if you dont like current music find some old music. look at what the artists you like were influenced by and check that stuff out.

from what most of you are saying it sounds like you all listen to 105.3 and 106.9 and that kinda stuff... what does everyone listen to? personally i think jjj is the best, highest australian content, more unknown music and a bit less mainstream.

and to the person who said that the new destinys child isnt as good as it used to be(as if it ever was good) have you considered that your taste in music has changed, and there style may also have changed and that maybe you should look at finding a broader range of music that you can enjoy.

wanton-wonton

HSC
withoutaface said:
Most mainstream stuff is crap now yeah, but there's still some decent more underground stuff being released.
I'm sorry you have such high standards. Please, forgive me.

w1ck3d_c10wn

HSC
jjj makes me want to hurt myself - they always not only play music that isn't mainstream... it's just that they tend to play ABSOLUTE FUCKING SHIT while they're at it.

wanton-wonton

HSC
w1ck3d_c10wn said:
for me, i see the future of music being metal.
Metal has very little future left, that's why I like it. Old things...particularly when they're beautiful.

w1ck3d_c10wn said:
there seems to be a big thing about everyone listening to shitty bands like Jet, The Strokes, The Vines etc, thanks to magazines like Rolling Stone, now it's trendy to say things like 'OMG Led Zeppelin were the greatest thing to happen to music' and to wear AC/DC shirts, which a few years back would have been the mark of a bogan.
'OMG Led Zeppelin were the greatest thing to happen to music'

w1ck3d_c10wn said:
For some reason it's become acceptable to be 'emo' these days, and listen to SHIT like Linkin Park and Simple Plan - these 'bands' are in themselves a by product of the mainstream, and I don't think I've heard any non country music that is so bad that it literally makes me want to explode in a rage every time I'm forced to hear it.
I find it sad that Bob Rock produced Simple Plan's album...that is very sad.

Who the hell would force you to listen to country music?

Also, you need anger management.

On another note, The Who will be releasing their next album called Who2. Their first album after....what...23 years? Who knows.

mossup

can you do the mossup?
cloud eight & nine tenths. Yes its frustrating
HSC
a while ago i would have said that music these days is crap. Full of r & b and hip hop. I would have said i'm over it. Then i took up listening to triple j and i don't hear it anymore! so no radio for me, just a smooth colletion of everything from Josh Groban to Perfect Circle. just without the hip hop!

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
BreaKing said:
pfft they are all shit
you want real rap you have to listen to music made by the REAL gangstas
i.e. 50 cent cause he got shot
haha yeh so what if he got shot, he did have a past life involving drugs, gangs and hustling on the streets, but now that he is hitting the main stream of music, all he will care about is money, he'll lose that lyrical touch involving real life experiences and start rapping about how rich he is. thats what most rap artists are about these days $$$

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
SashatheMan said:
haha yeh so what if he got shot, he did have a past life involving drugs, gangs and hustling on the streets, but now that he is hitting the main stream of music, all he will care about is money, he'll lose that lyrical touch involving real life experiences and start rapping about how rich he is. thats what most rap artists are about these days $$$
lol i was being sarcastic when i made that post dude

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
BreaKing said:
lol i was being sarcastic when i made that post dude
ok i didnt pick that up , but some people listen to him cuase they think if they listen to 50 cent in thier car very loud it makes them a ganster and a badass

w1ck3d_c10wn

HSC
the who would suck ass with half the band being dead, and no keith moon.

bob rock produced the simple plan album because.... wait for it.. HE IS A FUCKING FAGGOT!

my sisters have been known to play kasey chambers etc VERY LOUD to wake me up.

that 'music' seriously does make me want to rage, It's REALLY irritating on the ears for me, kinda like someone scraping nails on a blackboard.

Zyklon

Banned
HSC
Any music other then my music is instantly deemed gay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)