Music Tuition (1 Viewer)

Jazz Man Tim

Cannonball
HSC
i couldn't find the old thread so heres a new one...

how much should i charge? post HSC extension music student? for say 30 mins?

and i have heard about a teaching certificate if you want to put students through AMEB exams and the like. any info about that?

cheers guys

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
I'm not sure about the teaching certificate, I think it's the ATMusA, but I'm not sure.

As for a recently completed HSC student, you shouldn't charge any more than $25 an hour, or $15 for a half hour. That's just my personal opinion.

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
I don't think you need a cert to put them through exams- i was looking it up, apparantly all you need to do is get (print off) a form, and they'll post you a teacher number etc.
It didn't really say anything about requiring things... I don't think my teacher had any of those other certs apart from a BMus (perf).
Try checking the AMEB website, theres a bit of info there- or simply call or visit the office (its in CLarence st- near con. )

datAsianGuy

over school
HSC
Jazz Man Tim said:
i couldn't find the old thread so heres a new one...

how much should i charge? post HSC extension music student? for say 30 mins?

and i have heard about a teaching certificate if you want to put students through AMEB exams and the like. any info about that?

cheers guys
Jazz Man Tim, whatdya play. Ill tell you what I run at: I go half hour 12 bucks, Im grade 8 piano and thats the only qualification that I tell the poeple I have, and thats good enough for them. the people ill be teaching are people that i know and who have heard me before. Its got a lot to do with your own personal performance too mate.if say two or more kids are learning from the one family, you should do them a deal, like Ill be doing two kids from the one family for 20 bucks. Okay and for gigs, I do most of my stuff for 200 bucks flat rate, maybe more if I have to bring my own gear, sometimes Im only playing for like two hours, so then theres 200 bucks, cash in hand. Its a good buiz mate, good luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)