music tutoring? (1 Viewer)

tash

lalalala
HSC
everyone's off wanting maths and english tutoring...well screw that i was wondering if anyone needs help with music? cos i'm so up to tutoring that- been doing BA music at UNSW now transferred to B.MusicB.Education. So if you do need any help (i think i can help with most things) then PM me!!

and for now, people just make a comment on whether you would actually consider getting tutored for music- is it really as unpopular as i think it is?!

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
I've got friends at UNSW Music. Do you know Monica Zygadlo, Michelle Yeoh (the musician, not the actor) and Adrian Hong?

Also, you are so not too cool for the Con. More like the Con is too damn hot for you.

tash

lalalala
HSC
ahh i don't think so- what year are they in? cos i only really know ppl who are in 3rd yr this year

lol i kinda wish i'd auditioned for the con but couldn't be bothered cos i love unsw and got enough UOC's to mash my degree into 3yrs! however i must confess the con is the bomb, i regularly use your library cos you have like twice as many books and cds as us:)

GRX40
HSC
N/A
Music tutoring certainly sounds cool, but wouldn't most people ask their private music teachers to help them? I know that the student who has a lesson after me is doing Music for her HSC, and I think she's receiving special attention from my teacher, instead of the usual "Okay, play these pieces for me and we'll see how much you practised" lessons.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Depends on what Sort of music tuition you need. Your local piano teacher couldn't teach you composition, and it'd be a waste to ask them to.

ness.xox

Member Member
HSC
tash said:
everyone's off wanting maths and english tutoring...well screw that i was wondering if anyone needs help with music? cos i'm so up to tutoring that- been doing BA music at UNSW now transferred to B.MusicB.Education. So if you do need any help (i think i can help with most things) then PM me!!

and for now, people just make a comment on whether you would actually consider getting tutored for music- is it really as unpopular as i think it is?!
Hey :)
Im currently looking for a composition tutor to help me with my HSC in 2008 for Music 2 for my core composition and was wondering whether or not your still offering to tutor because this post was posted a while ago... lol
Please get back to me asap! :)

-mz-u-wsh-

Cara Lee
HSC
Michelle Yeoh... she does singing lessons in burwood yea... if its the right one.. i had singing lessons with her a few times before my school decided to get a singing teacher.. shes pretty good!!

and how good are you at teaching someone that has no way of picking up things in aural.. and around about how much do you charge???

Last edited:

becibu

HSC
This is an interesting thread ... I just wanted to ask as far as private lessons go ... the AMEB or system of leveling works in the private lessons word ... in school there is the HSC music syllabus which is very different.

In the HSC private setting does it bridge this difference ... or is it bassically working towards HSC music only just in a private lesson ... what can a private teacher do to assist students in the Peliminary and HSC music course?

kony

HSC
There is a technique in answering those long responses, which is simple once you know it, but can lose you many many marks if you don't.

It is more of a English language skill than a musical skill. Therefore, a private teacher, without prior experience, will not be able to help in any way.

kow_dude

HSC
I've been trying very hard to learn the Violin during my spare time, and i want to be good at it.

I have searched the internet for lessons but i cannot find one that is AFFORDABLE. I have only found teachers that are charging $70+/hour ... which is waaaaay too much. So at the moment, i am self taught by buying books and gathering resources from the internet.

I have friends who want to learn an instrument but simply cannot afford lessons :'(

becibu

HSC
kow_dude said:
I've been trying very hard to learn the Violin during my spare time, and i want to be good at it.

I have searched the internet for lessons but i cannot find one that is AFFORDABLE. I have only found teachers that are charging $70+/hour ... which is waaaaay too much. So at the moment, i am self taught by buying books and gathering resources from the internet.

I have friends who want to learn an instrument but simply cannot afford lessons :'(
If you don't mind me asking ... what area do you live in? You can learn for half an hour a week ... many people starting out disagree to that but there is a lot you can get in half an hour. Some teachers allow for 45 minute lessons.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)