Musicology Viva Voce (1 Viewer)

jet

Banned
HSC
The main tip I would give is do something you like. I am doing a viva on C20 and C21 this year, and so I am doing it on the compositional techniques of john adams. Being a great fan of his, I can already rattle on about his music for hours; its just a matter now of putting it on paper.

steeez

HSC
I've got my trials next week and i'm analysing Sonic Youth and the creation of tension in their music by using dissonance through unconventional guitar effects/techniques... i'm also doing another one on Joy Division and comparing them to New Order (same band minus lead singer haha). I actually haven't even started yet so I should get cracking... bahah

Man these threads in the music section are dead. Same stuff is written from when I looked in here for my first assessment at the start of the year haha.

osek

HSC
I just did a performance last term and it screwed me up, the piece was extremely difficult. That said, i'm still doing at least 2 performances for the HSC but i would like to do 2 viva's, i have one to do now and am pretty nervous as to how it's going to go, dont know where to start, what to involve in it, etc.
Some help please?

Aj ried

HSC
could any one help me with my Viva?. I'm thinking i will do the influence of the environment or architecture on composers.

if any one could give me some ideas it would be greatly appreciated cheers :)

stef_mif1996

HSC
N/A
If anyone could help me i am in yr 11 and having to due an 8 minute viva voce on the topic of Rock or Romantic Music. If anyone could help that would be great. Also i came up with "The use of Brass in Cat Empire". If anyone has some great information to due with brass in Cat Empire that would also be great. Thanks :)

madharris

HSC
N/A
If anyone could help me i am in yr 11 and having to due an 8 minute viva voce on the topic of Rock or Romantic Music. If anyone could help that would be great. Also i came up with "The use of Brass in Cat Empire". If anyone has some great information to due with brass in Cat Empire that would also be great. Thanks :)
You should be fine, there's lots of brass in cat empire, just get a few examples here and there and back it up with the concepts
Also make sure you do your research well as the markers know when you're 'waffling' around, make sure your uniform and such is ok (first impressions are important) as well as manners, speak confidently as it shows that you know what you're doing and remember you are allowed to take a second or two to think before you answer :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)