Muslim People in Australia (2 Viewers)

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
katie_tully said:
Man. I'm on the CSU forum right. There are a heap of hippies who think Howard hates Muslims because of his press release.
I fail to see how "SOME Muslims hate our way of life" equates to "Muslims suck, piss off".
Get a grip, honestly.

but i support what howard is doing.

using this quote

"Prime Minister John Howard says a fragment of Muslims are utterly antagonistic to Australian culture, posing a problem for the country's immigration program."

www.smh.com.au/news/nati...40283975195.html

Zayd

HSC
HotShot said:
I think zayd ur making mistake, that a lot people make. Dont judge everyone by one person's actions, because everyone is different. I am not even sure if a hindu wrote that, but the fact is the you can claim 'the ordinary hindu' have such perspectives towards muslims.

jew fault.
Mahatma Ghandi was a hindu and so was S.Naidu. (and i have given reference to where they have said this).
I said "ordinary hindus dont have any knowledge of Islam", in reply to a post saying that: "hindus have known Islam to be a religion that has always been out there to kill"

next time read properly, and make sure u read your own reply before submitting........so it makes some sense

K

katie_tully

Hindu's are so peaceful and quiet, like those Buddhists. Nobody makes fun of them, because they aren't intent on KILLING US.

Zayd

HSC
SashatheMan said:
well done, another step to complete oppression.

Now all u have to do, is not be allowing to leave your house, and listen to all the requests of your sex hungry perverted husband.
Lets state some facts:
Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world.........and the majority (close to 80%) of reverts are women...........and guess what..........most end up wearing the hijaab
My question to you is that why do these women want to accept being oppressed.......it makes no sense

Salima

HSC
Well, I don't know how Howard's religious views...we'll never know, maybe never...I mean we might after he's not prime minister anymore, for htat day will eventually come, through his death or him being beaten by another man or woman. But today Iwas watching Opera, and well pictures they used while Senator Clinton was speaking made it look like all muslims believe in violence nad terrorism and use their religion to get away with anything. That all muslims are on teh warpath and are forcing thier religion upon others. It also made it seem like all muslim women were burkhas. Silly small minded people. She was supposed to be speakign baout tolerance, but was portrayign the opposite iwth her words and the images they used to accompany them. SHe said it was silly for people to use religion as an excuse to fly planes into buildings and bomb trains (meaning london at this point not spain) where people are minding htier own business...but bush says he's doing this cause god said so. How silly....she should say how silly it is for bush to go into iraq, afghanistan (and now settign hsi sights on iran then syria) just becuase god told him so as a born again chrisitan. MAn people should wathc what they say, especially to a mass audience.

Even the dutch government, becuase you see it says in thier laws that anyone who insights racial hatred, or vilification or is to write, draw ro display something in the media that could od such a thign or harms or discriminates against any group of people that you cna be fined or put in jail for 2 yrs. There is freedom of speech but within boundires. Now when a brit. guy is placed in jail for 3yrs for a comment about the holocast he made 15 years ago--and has since changed his mind, even written baout it's existence in his books--on the view that freedom of speech is to exist but with boundries and that he overstepped the boudnires(by saying there were no gas chambers in auwitz) then by goodness! Through those dutch cartoonists in jail or heavily fine them!

heres a link to prove my point: (this girl is dutch btw):
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/28754986/
read what she has to say at the bottom of her political artwork.

Thank you for your time. Lets hope I get good responces not stupid closed minded ones.

K

katie_tully

Howard is a devout Catholic. I still don't see what his religion has to do with the fact his statement was 100% correct.

Zayd

HSC
katie_tully said:
Hindu's are so peaceful and quiet, like those Buddhists. Nobody makes fun of them, because they aren't intent on KILLING US.
niether are Muslims.......theres 1.5 billion of us..........if our intention was to kill........the world would be in all sorts by now

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Salima said:
Well, I don't know how Howard's religious views...we'll never know, maybe never...I mean we might after he's not prime minister anymore, for htat day will eventually come, through his death or him being beaten by another man or woman. But today Iwas watching Opera, and well pictures they used while Senator Clinton was speaking made it look like all muslims believe in violence nad terrorism and use their religion to get away with anything. That all muslims are on teh warpath and are forcing thier religion upon others. It also made it seem like all muslim women were burkhas. Silly small minded people. She was supposed to be speakign baout tolerance, but was portrayign the opposite iwth her words and the images they used to accompany them. SHe said it was silly for people to use religion as an excuse to fly planes into buildings and bomb trains (meaning london at this point not spain) where people are minding htier own business...but bush says he's doing this cause god said so. How silly....she should say how silly it is for bush to go into iraq, afghanistan (and now settign hsi sights on iran then syria) just becuase god told him so as a born again chrisitan. MAn people should wathc what they say, especially to a mass audience.

Even the dutch government, becuase you see it says in thier laws that anyone who insights racial hatred, or vilification or is to write, draw ro display something in the media that could od such a thign or harms or discriminates against any group of people that you cna be fined or put in jail for 2 yrs. There is freedom of speech but within boundires. Now when a brit. guy is placed in jail for 3yrs for a comment about the holocast he made 15 years ago--and has since changed his mind, even written baout it's existence in his books--on the view that freedom of speech is to exist but with boundries and that he overstepped the boudnires(by saying there were no gas chambers in auwitz) then by goodness! Through those dutch cartoonists in jail or heavily fine them!

heres a link to prove my point: (this girl is dutch btw):
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/28754986/
read what she has to say at the bottom of her political artwork.

Thank you for your time. Lets hope I get good responces not stupid closed minded ones.

TYPICAL RESPONSE - WELL MUSLIMS SAY JIHAD AND WHAT ABOUT THAT IMAM WHO SAID RAPE IS ACCEPTABLE. YEAH SO MUSLIMS ARE VIOLENT BASTARDS.
ANOTHER TYPICAL RESPONSE - YEAH ITS THE JEWS FAULT
AND ANOTHER ONE - OH THE ARTICLE IS IRRELVNAT.

Salima

HSC
Originally Posted by katie_tully
Yes but have you looked into the class system within hinduism, quiet unfair...once you're in a class you stay there adn can never get out. I don't liek that, unfair system to me...but hey I see it this way cause I don't believe in that thing, I believe i another. So hey, whatever tickles your fancy.

Buddhists are that quiet, there's a lot of that chanting, that gets wuiet noicy, and the gong banging. BUt man buddhist vegitarian food is great. As anyone been to the temple in wollongong? Food there as great. Best school exersion ever.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Salima said:
Yes but have you looked into the class system within hinduism, quiet unfair...once you're in a class you stay there adn can never get out. I don't liek that, unfair system to me...but hey I see it this way cause I don't believe in that thing, I believe i another. So hey, whatever tickles your fancy.
NOT NECESSARILY THEIR CLASS SYSTEM HAS CHANGED SOMEWHAT OVER TIME AND THEY HAVE BECOME MORE TOLERANT.
UNLIKE MUSLIMS, THEY DONT NEED TO PRAY 5 TIMES A DAY FOR NO REASON.

Salima

HSC
HotShot said:
TYPICAL RESPONSE - WELL MUSLIMS SAY JIHAD AND WHAT ABOUT THAT IMAM WHO SAID RAPE IS ACCEPTABLE. YEAH SO MUSLIMS ARE VIOLENT BASTARDS.
ANOTHER TYPICAL RESPONSE - YEAH ITS THE JEWS FAULT
AND ANOTHER ONE - OH THE ARTICLE IS IRRELVNAT.
That is a typical responce showing you didn't read or look into anything before responding. I never said it was the jews fault. Just that they make it all baout them...what abotu the others? Who else dies int he deaht camps or was tortured. I'd liek to study about that.

btw, anti-semiticism doesn't techinically jsut apply to jews...it came abotu becuase they speak a simetic language..and OMG! So is arabic! Therefore, anti-semiticsm cna apply to muslims since hebrew and arabic are both (apparently) classified as semetic languages.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Salima said:
That is a typical responce showing you didn't read or look into anything before responding. I never said it was the jews fault. Just that they make it all baout them...what abotu the others? Who else dies int he deaht camps or was tortured. I'd liek to study about that.

btw, anti-semiticism doesn't techinically jsut apply to jews...it came abotu becuase they speak a simetic language..and OMG! So is arabic! Therefore, anti-semiticsm cna apply to muslims since hebrew and arabic are both (apparently) classified as semetic languages.
I SAID THOSE WERE THE TYPICAL RESPONSES....

HINT: I AM SAYING IT WAS JEWS FAULT HINT*

Zayd

HSC
HotShot said:
NOT NECESSARILY THEIR CLASS SYSTEM HAS CHANGED SOMEWHAT OVER TIME AND THEY HAVE BECOME MORE TOLERANT.
UNLIKE MUSLIMS, THEY DONT NEED TO PRAY 5 TIMES A DAY FOR NO REASON.
Mate......if you believe in God........and worship God..........then which better religion matches praying 5 times a day???? it's full of reason...........Islam means "submission (or surrender) to God"........how can you submit or surrender yourself to God.....when you remember God once a week.....or even once a day.

And going back to Hinduism.........all those different class systems from top to bottom....simply tells me that hinduism doesn't match the word "equality"...and i don't value a religion that has divisions within itself

.........however i do respect hindus

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Zayd said:
Mate......if you believe in God........and worship God..........then which better religion matches praying 5 times a day???? it's full of reason...........Islam means "submission (or surrender) to God"........how can you submit or surrender yourself to God.....when you remember God once a week.....or even once a day.

And going back to Hinduism.........all those different class systems from top to bottom....simply tells me that hinduism doesn't match the word "equality"...and i don't value a religion that has divisions within itself

.........however i do respect hindus
but arent there divisions within islam itself? like how women and men have to pray separately?

Zayd

HSC
HotShot said:
but arent there divisions within islam itself? like how women and men have to pray separately?
Thats not a division......women basically pray behind the men.....so during the course of the pray......both male and female.......can concentrate on God, and God alone.....not the opposite sex...

Salima

HSC
HotShot said:
no. You don't touch during prayer if it's the opposite sex. In the mosque when you have a large group of men and women, they seem more separated, but at home it looks different. Liek same family can touch. It's about the thign called wudu that you get before praying. It's water purification before hand, and if the opposite sex you touch is not related to you (by marriage, meaning your husband or wife and thier close fmaily liek thier brohters sisters and mother and father) then you must wudu again. A prayer is null/void if you do not wudu before hand. wudu is also broken if you go to the toilet and excrete, or fart, or have sex or expell any sexual body fluids or have period blood coming out. This si why women don't go into mosque when periods are, or why women don't pray with periods....aside from the fact that when you've got periods your half in this world half int eh ohter one of sleep, getting up early int he morning is way too difficult, and you'd probably faint during prayer (nearly happened ot me before when I didn't knwo you couldn't pray with periods).

This is all that is. It is the same in the synagoge..when and when are seated separately. But with muslims society is continuaously liek this., YOU interact with the oppostie sex of course, but onyl hwen necessary...like gatherings, functions, weddings (especially if it's your wedding). Every part of islamic society is dictated to use, or handed down to us from allah(swt) (god), and hopefully all will abide by it insha allah (may it be the will of god).

Now do you understand bit better?

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Zayd said:
Thats not a division......women basically pray behind the men.....so during the course of the pray......both male and female.......can concentrate on God, and God alone.....not the opposite sex...
but that is a division, there are gay men and lesbos u k now?

Generator

HSC
N/A
katie_tully said:
Howard is a devout Catholic. I still don't see what his religion has to do with the fact his statement was 100% correct.
That's Abbott, not Howard.

http://www.abc.net.au/compass/s1201238.htm

Geraldine Doogue:
So Prime Minister thank you very much for this time. What values have you sought to hand on to your children, and did they resemble what was handed on to you?

John Howard:
Allowing for the generational differences yes. Honesty, loyalty to one’s family, hard work, aspiration, a commitment to the community

Geraldine Doogue:
Was religion perceived to be at the core of this? A spirituality or not?

John Howard:
In the background. I think it’s fair to say that both my own upbringing which I come from the Methodist tradition of the Christian church. Although when I do go to church now, which is more often than Christmas and Easter, but certainly not once a week. I tend to go to an Anglican church. I don’t really care what denomination it is.
---

Hotshot, there's no need for the capitalised text.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)