Muslims declare jihad on Doritos. (2 Viewers)

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
Furious Muslims have heavily criticised Walkers crisps after it emerged that certain varieties of the manufacturer's products contain trace elements of alcohol.

Some crisp types use minute amounts of alcohol as a chemical agent to extract certain flavours.

The report in Asian newspaper Eastern Eye, highlights concerns raised by shopkeeper Besharat Rehman, who owns a halal supermarket in Bradford, West Yorkshire.

Mr Rehman told the paper: "A customer informed us that Sensations Thai Sweet Chilli and Doritos Chilli Heat Wave are not on Walkers' alcohol-free list. Our suppliers were unaware of this.

"Even if it is a trace amount of alcohol, Walkers should make it clear on the packaging so that the customer can make an informed choice.

"I feel frustrated and angry. I have let my customers down simply because such a big company like Walkers is not sensitive to Muslim needs.

"Many of them were my daughter's favourite crisps. As soon as I found out about the alcohol in them, I called home to ask my wife to throw out all the packets.”

Shuja Shafi, who chairs the food standards committee of the Muslim Council of Britain, said that he intended to investigate. "Certainly we would find it very offensive to have eaten food with alcohol."

Masood Khawaja, of the Halal Food Authority, said that this was not the first time the issue had been raised with Walkers.

"They should have looked into the matter and solved it instead of hiding behind labelling regulations. It does not matter what percentage of alcohol is involved.

"Besides Muslims, there are a lot of teetotal people who would not like to consume alcohol in any form. As far as possible we try and lobby for halal symbols on popular products like Kellogg's cereals.

"But we have always told Muslims to check the contents list even if a product is marked suitable for vegetarians. But to not mention it on the packaging is unfair.”

However, a spokesperson for Walkers said that trace amounts of alcohol in crisps or bread are believed to be permissible for Muslims.

"We do not add alcohol to our products. However, ethyl alcohol may be present in trace amounts in a very small number of our flavours.

"It is used as a carrying agent for flavourings, and is found in many common food and drink products.

"Foods like bread can also contain the same or higher trace amounts due to fermentation. "We are aware of the concerns from some Muslim consumers about the appropriateness of specific ingredients. We take the concerns of our consumers extremely seriously.

"In previous assessments by Muslim scholars, foods and drinks that contain trace amounts of ethyl alcohol have been confirmed as permissible for Muslim consumption because of both the fact that the ingredient does not bear its original qualities and does not change the taste, colour or smell of the product, and its very low level."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=517479&in_page_id=1770

:rofl:

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Fucking muslims.

EH, OUR CHIPS HAVE ALCOHOLS IN IT.

WOAH, I HAVE SOME NEWS; MOST OF YOUR DIET PROBABLY HAS TRACE AMOUNTS OF ALCOHOL. FERMENTATION RESULTS IN ALCOHOL.

boris

Banned
HSC
I cut my mouth on one once.

So yeah, I support this jihad.

Derka derka.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Goddamnit

They can take away my free speech
and my cartoons
and my pope
and whatever fucking else they want

but if they touch my doritos there'll be hell to pay for those sand nigger dorito hating cunts

EDIT: ok i like doritos but maybe not that much
EDIT2: i realise this has nothing to do with taking them away from us

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
Goddamnit

They can take away my free speech
and my cartoons
and my pope
and whatever fucking else they want

but if they touch my doritos there'll be hell to pay for those sand nigger dorito hating cunts

EDIT: ok i like doritos but maybe not that much
EDIT2: i realise this has nothing to do with taking them away from us
Trace amounts of alcohol are fine. So long as it doesn't result in intoxication it should be fine.

I don't think anybody has ever been been intoxicated by eating Doritos.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
mr_brightside said:
Fucking muslims.

EH, OUR CHIPS HAVE ALCOHOLS IN IT.

WOAH, I HAVE SOME NEWS; MOST OF YOUR DIET PROBABLY HAS TRACE AMOUNTS OF ALCOHOL. FERMENTATION RESULTS IN ALCOHOL.
No, Fuck U.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
sam04u said:
Trace amounts of alcohol are fine. So long as it doesn't result in intoxication it should be fine.

I don't think anybody has ever been been intoxicated by eating Doritos.
How about trace elements of ham? :D

EDIT: what about the fact that since there are molecules in a pig or a person then there are pigs or people in the world you probably have some molecules in your body that were once in a pig? :D

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
How about trace elements of ham? :D
Why the hell would somebody put trace amounts of ham in food? I'd say no.

EDIT: what about the fact that since there are molecules in a pig or a person then there are pigs or people in the world you probably have some molecules in your body that were once in a pig?
You mean actual molecules? That's fine.
But that doesn't mean you should drink bottled water that is made from dead pigs blood, or something equally barbaric.

Last edited:

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
I hope that Muslims are aware that bananas are between 8 and 12% alcohol (yes, the same type used in beer and wine - ethanol).

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Wow... and muslims wonder why their religion has become a joke recently.

If rioting over a bunch of cartoons didnt do it, complaining about a fraction of a percent of alcohol used in the preparation of chips sure makes things look ridiculous.

Thats the funny thing about muslims, they never look at the reasons behind their archaic laws. I imagine the ban on alcohol was to stop people getting drunk. You could eat your own body weight in doritos and not even approach being affected.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Serius said:
I imagine the ban on alcohol was to stop people getting drunk. You could eat your own body weight in doritos and not even approach being affected.
That's why there is nothing wrong with Doritos.

Dundasbro

HSC
"In previous assessments by Muslim scholars, foods and drinks that contain trace amounts of ethyl alcohol have been confirmed as permissible for Muslim consumption because of both the fact that the ingredient does not bear its original qualities and does not change the taste, colour or smell of the product, and its very low level."
Eh, what a storm in a teacup. One shopkeeper makes a complaint, some Muslim food board says they'll investigate and suddenly all Muslims are complaining about Doritos being evil or something? This'll just fade away, its a nothing issue.

boris

Banned
HSC
Dundasbro said:
Eh, what a storm in a teacup. One shopkeeper makes a complaint, some Muslim food board says they'll investigate and suddenly all Muslims are complaining about Doritos being evil or something? This'll just fade away, its a nothing issue.
Sweet indication of the average level of intelligence over there.

miegoreng

HSC
Slidey said:
I hope that Muslims are aware that bananas are between 8 and 12% alcohol (yes, the same type used in beer and wine - ethanol).
Really!!!??!!!?
I ate 6 bananas once and I'm pretty sure I wasn't drunk. And I'm on my L's so I better not eat bananas or I'll lose my licence just like that!
It'd be funny if people started getting drunk on bananas hahaha, a hip new way to get wasted.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
I ate 9 bananas yesterday. I got so drunk, I actually passed out...I was completely wasted :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)