Mutliple Choice answers for PDHPE .?? (1 Viewer)

Peter-PF7

HSC
N/A
what did everyone get for multiple choice answers? anyone know the 100% solutions??

2xL

HSC
Post yours up and ill post mine and we'll compare.

Peter-PF7

HSC
N/A
1.d
2.a
3.d
4.b
5.b
6.c
7.c
8.b
9.c
10.b
11.d
12.d
13.b
14.c
15.b
16.b
17.d
18.a
19.c
20.d

2xL

HSC
1.d
2.a
3.d
4.b
5.b
6.c
7.c
8.b
9.c
10.b
11.d
12.d
13.b
14.c
15.b
16.b
17.d
18.a
19.c
20.d
I don't agree with 10 and 19. I believe 10 is A and 19 is B. I got 15 wrong (i got C) and i think your answer is correct. The rest match. :) I'm up for discussion of 10 and 19 if you think your answer is right. Everyone else is invited to join in !

luke0410

HSC
10 is b in my opinion, diversity regards cultural difference and atsi is the only one that kinda reflects that? also agree on 19c dunno why just think it is haha. isnt 2 C), doesnt the federal government fund public hospitals and mental health clinics, thats what my summaries say.

2xL

HSC
Visualisation and mental rehearsal are the same thing. If you say C, how could it not be D? I really think answer has to be B for Q 19. As for 10, community groups have different ethnicities and groups; ATSI is just one ethnic group; not "Diverse". Anyone else?

Aysce

HSC
Visualisation and mental rehearsal are the same thing. If you say C, how could it not be D? I really think answer has to be B for Q 19. As for 10, community groups have different ethnicities and groups; ATSI is just one ethnic group; not "Diverse". Anyone else?
Visualisation and mental rehearsal are not the same thing, they're very similar though. Mental rehearsal is mainly incorporated around going through the technique of the skill that has yet to be executed. Visualisation can include this and also a broader scheme such as success and so on. I thought about the community groups being that but that mainly approaches the participation social justice principle, not the diverse principle. Diversity ensures that all groups and cultures are able to maintain a health status equally, so it ties with equity in a sense but by funding more to ATSI, you are catering for the different cultures that may experience health inequities, hence it is diverse. I got a little tricked on this one.

2xL

HSC
Visualisation and mental rehearsal are not the same thing, they're very similar though. Mental rehearsal is mainly incorporated around going through the technique of the skill that has yet to be executed. Visualisation can include this and also a broader scheme such as success and so on. I thought about the community groups being that but that mainly approaches the participation social justice principle, not the diverse principle. Diversity ensures that all groups and cultures are able to maintain a health status equally, so it ties with equity in a sense but by funding more to ATSI, you are catering for the different cultures that may experience health inequities, hence it is diverse. I got a little tricked on this one.
I guess i'll concede the question on visualisation, but I still think involving community groups does more in terms of diversity than providing funding for ATSI people. If you have outcomes 2 look @ page 126. :)

Aysce

HSC
I guess i'll concede the question on visualisation, but I still think involving community groups does more in terms of diversity than providing funding for ATSI people. If you have outcomes 2 look @ page 126. :)
Both my teachers confirmed that it was funding to ATSI but they could be wrong. I chose to not look into community groups too much as it directs more to participation, whereas funding to ATSI is more clear with diversity.

2xL

HSC
Both my teachers confirmed that it was funding to ATSI but they could be wrong. I chose to not look into community groups too much as it directs more to participation, whereas funding to ATSI is more clear with diversity.
Quoting directly from Active Outcomes 2:

"Valuing diversity is central when aiming to strengthen community action. Each community is unique and different so must be consulted about the development of health promotion strategies intended to improve their health. It would be even more effective if members of the community were directly involved in the development of the initiative to guarantee their needs are being met. While outsiders can appreciate the diverse nature of other communities it does mean that they always "know whats best" for the group".

Ah well 17 or 18/20 im still pretty happy. :)

BlakeOlivo

HSC
Uni Grad
What question specifically are you guys talking about? I need a refresher :) Oh, and does anyone have the m/c they can post up online?

2xL

HSC
What question specifically are you guys talking about? I need a refresher :) Oh, and does anyone have the m/c they can post up online?
Q10 from multiple choice. "Which of the following is a govt. strategy the promoted the social justice principle of diversity?"

luke0410

HSC
running the risk of sounding stupid. why is 2 state govt? isnt federal/commonwealth responsible for funding of hospitals/mental health?

Aysce

HSC
Quoting directly from Active Outcomes 2:

"Valuing diversity is central when aiming to strengthen community action. Each community is unique and different so must be consulted about the development of health promotion strategies intended to improve their health. It would be even more effective if members of the community were directly involved in the development of the initiative to guarantee their needs are being met. While outsiders can appreciate the diverse nature of other communities it does mean that they always "know whats best" for the group".

Ah well 17 or 18/20 im still pretty happy. :)
Let's look at it from this:

So in the question it says community groups engage with each other to try to make decisions within the overall community and population to improve health. Although, it is evident that they are applying the social justice principle of participation rather than diversity. What are they doing to apply achieving the principle of diversity?

The social justice principles are put into place to provide access to all health opportunities and aims to reduce inequalities within society. So, an example of diversity being addressed is establishing health services and information with multilingual professionals and different languages, hence making all health opportunities accessible by the general community/population for all cultures.

So you either have communities making decisions to improve health or you have funding to ATSI as stated in the question. Funding to the ATSI enables them to be able to reduce the health inequities with the general population as you provide them with new things such as more medical facilities, infrastructure and etc, and by doing this you are ensuring that this particular cultural group is equally accessing things that will enable them to sustain a positive health status. Although, I do agree with you to an extent, there are different cultures in the community and they can work together but I believe the funding is a stronger and much clearer answer.

Regardless, either of us could be right or wrong, it's quite close when you try to break it down so yeah.

I'm hoping for 18/20 + too :p

Aysce

HSC
Q10 from multiple choice. "Which of the following is a govt. strategy the promoted the social justice principle of diversity?"
Ah here's the exact question.

"Government strategy" - My question is, could you actually considering different community groups working with each other as a government strategy? Or funding to ATSI? I believe the latter is more so a government strategy, and the former only relies on the actions of the general individuals in the community, not from the government themself.

BlakeOlivo

HSC
Uni Grad
Ah here's the exact question.

"Government strategy" - My question is, could you actually considering different community groups working with each other as a government strategy? Or funding to ATSI? I believe the latter is more so a government strategy, and the former only relies on the actions of the general individuals in the community, not from the government themself.
I thought funding to ATSI would promote the principle of equity, where diversity means attending and recognising cultural differences that could harm ones access and benefits to health. Diversity primarily involved gathering people from different cultures and including them in local decision making processes, which can be a LOCAL government strategy. That was my thoughts, but I need the multiple choice answers to gain the whole picture, I only have the question thus far :/

Aysce

HSC
I thought funding to ATSI would promote the principle of equity, where diversity means attending and recognising cultural differences that could harm ones access and benefits to health. Diversity primarily involved gathering people from different cultures and including them in local decision making processes, which can be a LOCAL government strategy. That was my thoughts, but I need the multiple choice answers to gain the whole picture, I only have the question thus far :/
Ahh okay I see. In that case, I believe you're right.

Bye bye 1 mark :(

jamesischool

Forum Lurker
HSC
Uni Grad
question 15: which types of training methods would be most suitable for an elite basketball player?
i put a) anaerobic interval, ballistic flexibility, elastic resistance
people are saying b) anaerobic interval, continuous, hydraulic resistance
not sure if either are right but care to discuss? :)

joeyz_da_ak2plz

HSC
the answer says: the government is involving community groups in the planning...... etc etc
the government doesnt have to involve the community groups, but they are, it is a government strategy!!

Aysce

HSC
the answer says: the government is involving community groups in the planning...... etc etc
the government doesnt have to involve the community groups, but they are, it is a government strategy!!
Yeah that's the correct answer then, I thought it said different lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)