Mutliple Choice answers for PDHPE .?? (2 Viewers)

BlakeOlivo

HSC
Uni Grad
question 15: which types of training methods would be most suitable for an elite basketball player?
i put a) anaerobic interval, ballistic flexibility, elastic resistance
people are saying b) anaerobic interval, continuous, hydraulic resistance
not sure if either are right but care to discuss? :)
Now that you bring it up, Im a bit worried haha. Do you have all the answers on you?

jamesischool

Forum Lurker
HSC
Uni Grad
Now that you bring it up, Im a bit worried haha. Do you have all the answers on you?
as in all the possible ones?
a) anaerobic interval, ballistic flexibility, elastic resistance
b) anaerobic interval, continuous, hydraulic resistance
c) aerobic interval, static flexibility, free weights
d) circuit, dynamic flexibility, free weights

louieboy94

HSC
haha i honestly don't know - i just thought they need anaerobic as well as continuous for aerobic capacity while improving anaerobic energy systems, hydraulics for full range of motion throughout all muscles as they use legs/arms etc and i didn't think they really needed the flexibility ones as much?! now I'm worried hehe

BlakeOlivo

HSC
Uni Grad
as in all the possible ones?
a) anaerobic interval, ballistic flexibility, elastic resistance
b) anaerobic interval, continuous, hydraulic resistance
c) aerobic interval, static flexibility, free weights
d) circuit, dynamic flexibility, free weights
I wrote aerobic interval, static and free weights. Firstly, aerobic interval, I know uses the aerobic energy system, but also trains the anaerobic threshold of the athlete, which is vital for elite basketballers to have in order to work for a longer period of time with lactic acid in their system. This is because basketball players run ALOT, particularly in short bursts, if it was just anaerobic, then they wouldn't be able to last long in the 1-2 hour matches. Thats why I ruled out anaerobic interval straight away. Static stretches focus on specific muscles to be used in the sport and is the safest form of stretching and free weights primarily focus on major muscle groups that the basketballers use (Im assuming lower body and upper body- bit of both?). I would rule out elastic resistance because that is only used by gymnasts primarily (more beneficial for them anyways), hydraulic resistance is primarily used by those in rehab, even though it is the most effective form of strength training, but the anaerobic interval in the answer immediately rules it out for me.

Even though anaerobic interval and continuous are in the same answer, and it may appear to result in the athlete bossing it in aerobic exercises and anaerobic, if you place lactic acid in the equation, neither works with high levels of lactic acid except in aerobic interval.

Last edited:

jamesischool

Forum Lurker
HSC
Uni Grad
haha i figured they needed ballistic flexibility and elastic resistance due to the need for explosive movements.

Peter-PF7

HSC
N/A
Visualisation and mental rehearsal are the same thing. If you say C, how could it not be D? I really think answer has to be B for Q 19. As for 10, community groups have different ethnicities and groups; ATSI is just one ethnic group; not "Diverse". Anyone else?
Yehh i changed mine from A to B for question 10 last second of the exam lol... im not too sure, I think it could be either of the two, I just thought that B addressed the question more directly... 'A' doesnt mention anything about diverse cultures within the 'local community' and although this is essential to address the needs of a diverse society I just didnt think it directly answered the question, whereas ATSI shows a direct link to the diverse nature of society...

Everything else correct though you think ?? Can you guys verify Q6, Q15, Q17 and Q18 for me... they were the ones i was a bit unsure about (as well as Q10) ....

Peter-PF7

HSC
N/A
i got

1d
2a
3d
4b
5b
6b
7c
8b
9c
10a
11d
12d
13b
14c
15d
16b
17d
18c
19c
20d

Q6 defs isnt B... Q18 is A and not sure about your Q10 and Q15...

Btw anyone know raw marks for band 6 cutoff and for state rankings??

miranda94

HSC
question 15: which types of training methods would be most suitable for an elite basketball player?
i put a) anaerobic interval, ballistic flexibility, elastic resistance
people are saying b) anaerobic interval, continuous, hydraulic resistance
not sure if either are right but care to discuss? :)
i did D, the circuit, dynamic and free weights. my teacher agreed with me afterwards but guess she could also be wrong.

my thoughts were that firstly, it should be aerobic, as activity is prolonged in a game. so it was out of C or D (for me)
then i decided that circuit training allows for more variety than just interval eg. each station can be a different skill or fitness point, which is important in basketball.
and the dynamic stretching made sense to me as its specific to large movements such as slam dunks ect. where as static is more basic

i just felt D sounded more specific to basketball

jamesischool

Forum Lurker
HSC
Uni Grad
i did D, the circuit, dynamic and free weights. my teacher agreed with me afterwards but guess she could also be wrong.

my thoughts were that firstly, it should be aerobic, as activity is prolonged in a game. so it was out of C or D (for me)
then i decided that circuit training allows for more variety than just interval eg. each station can be a different skill or fitness point, which is important in basketball.
and the dynamic stretching made sense to me as its specific to large movements such as slam dunks ect. where as static is more basic

yea your answer seems right :)
well i got 19/20 for multiple choice :( devastating

BlakeOlivo

HSC
Uni Grad

Im agreeing with you now :( That was a bit tricky, I agree with your dynamic flexibility, not with the circuit. I also agree with the aerobic interval but not with the static in C. They should take both answers :D

2xL

HSC
The basketball question was really tricky, could be any of them !!

EDIT : For the record, I put C. Which was aerobic interval, static flexibility and free weights.

Last edited:

rabbitohs123

HSC
N/A
The basketball question was really tricky, could be any of them !!

EDIT : For the record, I put C. Which was aerobic interval, static flexibility and free weights.
JLin needs some anaerobic tho

mkirsner

HSC
I agree with most of the multiple choice.

Teachers were divided when it came to visualisation/mental rehearsal. Though they believed the answer that would most be correct would be mental rehearsal which was D.

As for question 13. I believe that High GI foods should be taking during performance as these foods provide sudden bursts of energy. Taking them after performance may assist the athlete recover quicker though.
Correct me if i'm wrong, I just want to hear others opinions.

Also, I had a problem with question 17. When it asked about what type of feedback it was.
In the question it stated that; 'THEY then watch the film and correct THEIR techniques based upon what THEY observed. To me that would be internal because it's what the athlete is giving themselves feedback. But I can see how it's external as it's a video source.
Opinions also?

premskies

HSC
Question 10 has been confirmed as A by HSC markers/teachers.

Nicole31

HSC
what was question 10... and what was the answer? Sorry i lost my paper

jamesischool

Forum Lurker
HSC
Uni Grad
I agree with most of the multiple choice.

Teachers were divided when it came to visualisation/mental rehearsal. Though they believed the answer that would most be correct would be mental rehearsal which was D.

As for question 13. I believe that High GI foods should be taking during performance as these foods provide sudden bursts of energy. Taking them after performance may assist the athlete recover quicker though.
Correct me if i'm wrong, I just want to hear others opinions.

Also, I had a problem with question 17. When it asked about what type of feedback it was.
In the question it stated that; 'THEY then watch the film and correct THEIR techniques based upon what THEY observed. To me that would be internal because it's what the athlete is giving themselves feedback. But I can see how it's external as it's a video source.
Opinions also?
I think it should be visualisation instead of mental rehearsal - because you don't do mental rehearsal of winning an event, you'd do mental rehearsal of your performance
high gi foods should be taken immediately after performance so that the body is able to replenish energy stores quickly so that's why i put after performance.
its external delayed feedback as it comes from an outside source and occurs after the performance :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)