Mutliple Choice Answers! (1 Viewer)

icebreaka

Textbooks!
HSC
Well if the answer is Decision making I would be a bit cut .. because i answered (C) basing my decision on the fact the decision-making is a skill and not a Role..

If the answer is "decision-making" they coulda just made it "decisional" instead of leading us to confusion!

icebreaka

Textbooks!
HSC
Thomas_wow said:
you cant really prove them wrong cause you wont find out the actual answers (unless you actually go back to school or actually try and find the answers after the hsc... even then they dont give you multiple choice answers, just targeted performance bands... asif you could be bothered ;] ) cause they dont tell you what you got for which section just your overall mark
When they post past papers you can get the M/C answerS?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
fuzer said:
what about q 2 what did u guys put? i put A....dun know why :confused:
C: resale price maintenance. They're enforcing their prices on distributes and this is unethical because consumers have little choice etc.

risserow

dezzy said:
But in step 2 it says "in the hope that the third party may be able to ENCOURAGE both parties to reach an agreement!"

mediation = provides assistant to the parties
conciliation = 'attempt to help both reach an agrrment' <---it fits better with what the question says
hate to disappoint u but 15 is D.

mediation is when a neutral 3rd party intervenes. conciliation however is when the IRC asigns a 3rd party to intervene, but the decision isnt binding.

therefore.... 15 is d

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
fuzer said:
what about q 2 what did u guys put? i put A....dun know why :confused:
hehehehe i put that one too! coz it says dere selling at a cheap price and then they suggest sellin it 4 a more expensive price! (sale against "advertised") is it d? i duno wat it is

bloody helllll i skrewed up hardd!! also for qn 8 i put sugging! i dont think it is sugging tho coz i read my bbook n it says sugging is wen they come to your house and force you or sumthing....but they force me on the street too!! so i duno lol

lolly_161

icebreaka said:
For question 1 It SHOULD be (C) Interpersonal.. Because the question asks what management ROLE..

(A) Decision-making is wrong because that is a managerial SKILL.. not a ROLE.. hehe :D
hey i hate to say but i really think its decisional because "decisional" is a role AND a skill. The roles are: informational, decisional and interpersonal....and she made a choice in the question - a DECISION...hehe.
am i wrong or is anyone else thinking the sama thing??

icebreaka

Textbooks!
HSC
I still think it's (C) Interpersonal..

From the syllabus:

• management roles
– interpersonal, informational, decisional

• skills of management
– people skills, strategic thinking, vision, flexibility and adaptability to change, self-managing, teamwork, complex problem-solving and decision-making, ethical and high personal standards

Desion-making is a skill see.. If the answer was (A) .. Board of studies would surely have made the option "Decisional" instead rather than cause all this confusion! :S

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
laurenj said:
hey i hate to say but i really think its decisional because "decisional" is a role AND a skill. The roles are: informational, decisional and interpersonal....and she made a choice in the question - a DECISION...hehe.
am i wrong or is anyone else thinking the sama thing??
but it cant be a. QN: as part of her work a manager selects an appropriate strategy to resolve conflicts between workers and management
Which management ROLE is being exercised wen sectin these strategies yeah? sooo decisional dosent fit here, shez not gonna decide what they are ganna do lol 'resolve' and 'decide' are different

icebreaka

Textbooks!
HSC
the only way i can see the answer being (A) is if Board of studies made a typo and it was meant to say 'skill' instead of 'role' .. Then Decision-making would fit the question perfectly..

I think the fact that decision-making was an answer was that it was meant to TRAP people.. as You can see the answers were

(a) decision-making
(b) informational
(c) Interpersonal
(d) Teamwork

THe options include 2 actual roles.. and 2 skills.. I reckon they just added 'decison-making' there just to confuse people into thinking it's a role.. Trick question indeed..

Last edited:

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
i dunno.. i dun think it's right for them to change the names of things sometimes... but othertimes to not...
such as that question where participative.. most people agree is the answer, i haven't heard anyone saying it can be anything else.

icebreaka

Textbooks!
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
i dunno.. i dun think it's right for them to change the names of things sometimes... but othertimes to not...
such as that question where participative.. most people agree is the answer, i haven't heard anyone saying it can be anything else.
Actually, i believe participative is a valid word to describe the behavioural theory.. In my notes, it describes the behaivoural theory as a

' Participative/democratic leadership style '

question 7 is also asking what is her Leadership STYLE.. not what management THEORY.. so participative would be the proper answer according to my notes..

And i think writing decision-making instead of decisonal is far different, cause decision-making in textbooks is taught to be a "skill" and not a role..

Last edited:

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
lol i put contingency for that coz its the most likely one next to behavioural, but yeah it says 'leadership style' so its most likely participative f#c im dum and look at da qn carefuly it has 3 styles and one theory lol i swear the options they put are so gay i swear they purposely intend 2 trick us!

Steven12

Lord Chubbington
HSC
no where as much as english, you can study twice as much as the next person, and they can still beat you in the test......

icebreaka

Textbooks!
HSC
Well here are my answers

1) C
2) C
3) C
4) D
5) A
6) D
7) D
8) B
9) D x Correct answer B
10) B
11) A
12) C
13) B
14) B ( a bit of debate on this qn)
15 ) D (nd this qn)
16) C (nd this one too)
17) D ( saw a bit of arguments on this too)
18) D
19) B
20) A

So which ones did i get wrong? :( besides 9

Last edited:

sureral2004

are you guys sure that 5 is A? Because if you look at it right, it asks for global changes...
a depreciation of the AUD is not necessarily a global change.
and as for 13... how sure are you that the answer is C

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)