My chances of getting into INSEARCH? (1 Viewer)

oct25

HSC
I'm really starting to look into alternative pathways to uni at the moment, exploring differing options

I finished the HSC in 2008 with a UAI of 90.25, doing a science degree for one semester (I dropped out of degree due to anxiety problems). I found out later on that I'd failed all 4 subjects. My family later helped me overcome my problems.

I've reapplied for courses through UAC for 2010, and I'm really looking forward to uni again. All the courses I've applied for have cutoffs around 80-90. Although many unis claim they don't look at tertiary results if I've done less than 1 year full time study (I've done 0.5), I still fear that my fails will really stand out to them and I'll be rejected.

So I'm wondering about INSEARCH as an alternative. I don't really fear the fact that its a diploma because I'm certain that I'll succeed in my studies this time around and get into the relevant bachelor's degree course (going for a business degree :)) in the 2nd year. In the end, it should be similar to me taking a bachelor's degree anyway right since I won't be wasting a year (Diploma units count towards bachelors)?

I've been doing some digging around especially on the INSEARCH site but I can't find anything about what they look at in terms of getting in. Is my 90.25 UAI good enough despite my semester of fails in uni?

Thanks so much !!

UTSjournalism

HSC
N/A
UTS has its advisory day tomorrow so why don't you come in and talk to people there about what the options are? Also, the people at UAC will have some advice as well. Please don't worry - there is a way into tertiary education for you!

oct25

HSC
UTS has its advisory day tomorrow so why don't you come in and talk to people there about what the options are? Also, the people at UAC will have some advice as well. Please don't worry - there is a way into tertiary education for you!
Thanks, but I've read that INSEARCH has a completely different open day to the UTS one. At the moment I'm just worried about the alternative pathway, not so much UTS itself.

I'm researching all this in the instance that I don't get any uni offers which I hope in the first place won't happen.

mudkipzwuv

HSC
You;ll get in Insearch no sweat with your UAI.
+1

You only need 70 ATAR to get into Insearch, If you go in and apply just bring your UAI result and HSC certificate(don't need anything else) and you will get the offer straight away.

I applied on Wednesday, the person printed the Letter of Offer and ask me if I want to accept the offer on the spot.

Insearch Info

HSC
Come to an INSEARCH info session so that we can help you out with your questions- these will be held Thursday 4th and Wednesday 10th Feb on the ground floor of 187 Thomas St from 5pm.

Otherwise, call 1800 896 994 and we'll be able to advise you on entrance requirements.

The INSEARCH Team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)