My Class Is Hard To Study In....too Many Distrations.... Help (1 Viewer)

darksouljah

HSC
Too many distractions is going on my class....usually my friends.. I have already told them " we have to get serious" but its not working out.
i dont know what to do...
please help

thanks

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
darksouljah said:
Too many distractions is going on my class....usually my friends.. I have already told them " we have to get serious" but its not working out.
i dont know what to do...
please help

thanks
That's like in every one of my classes. I just do the work that we are suppose to do in class, at home.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Well besides telling them you can always move away with them. Or if the situation is that bad have a quite chat to the teacher after class besides that there really isn't all that much you can do. Good luck though.

HSC
just tell them to STFU :D

my business studies class is sooo loud that even our teacher doesn't know how to handle it. So I get up and scream "stfu or simply fail", and they all shut up after that.

^_^

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
just do the work, don't worry what others say or think about you. if u can't concentrate then tell them that they're wasting their time.

(enigma)

no soup for you
HSC
i vote for telling them to stfu lol. that or just try to catch up what you miss later on, which probably isn't the best idea.

-pari-

HSC
N/A
yeah that's not an uncommon prob.

and it's not nice to have to catch up afterwards - as if we don't get enough to do out of school, without having to add whatever it was we did in class as well, eh?

i've realised that the best way is really just to 'tune out'. it's not easy, especially when they're cracking jokes and you can't help but laugh alongside. but you have to try and shift your focus. once you do, they'll also realise that you're focusin on the subject and either they'll stop and start focusing too, or at the very least, they won't directly involve you in the convo. that way you won't be disturbed.

alternatively what i had to do in year 9...in computer studies me and my friend wouldn't get JACK done. i went to the teacher after class and explained her my situation. i told her i'd asked the grl to get serious, i'd tried to focus....it wasn't working. the only option was for me to move away from her, and since we were the only friends from our group in that class, movin away from her would essentiallly nigelate her...
i wouldn't be able to move away without giving her a reason and i didn't have a reason to give - that she would accept and that she wouldn't be hurt by

in short! i asked the teacher to find reason and excuse to move me away from her, so that it was her moving me away rather than me moving away.

and the teacher is prepared to do that much for you, so dont hesitate to explain your situation to your teacher. they understand it, and don't mind helping out.

:) let us know how it goes

Last edited:

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
-pari- said:
alternatively what i had to do in year 9...in computer studies me and my friend wouldn't get JACK done. i went to the teacher after class and explained her my situation. i told her i'd asked the grl to get serious, i'd tried to focus....it wasn't working.
Getting serious in year 9? Wow.

You could make a deal with your friends, like doing 5 questions before the next bell or something and then you can talk till the cows come home. A little goal setting goes a long way.

coolkoombaya

HSC
ha just ignore them and do ur own thing. guess if u cant do dat, u also probs wanna participate in their discussion of unrelated stuff. or plug in sum earfones and listen to sum classical music to tune out. or just sit at the front and do wateva the teacher tells u to do. boring, but can be effective

asdf5432

HSC
or you could just chill out... im mean if it's your friends who are distracting you, it's easy to just not participate in whatever discussion/thing they are doing. Not being distracted also takes self-control... maybe you are the one who is getting influenced easily by your friends. : )
As for me, if I want to concentrate I just give a kind of half murmering answer to people when they try to talk to me and they get the point and move on.

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
I was called to the front today for a pep talk in chem, lol, finished all my work though, therefore by reason, I should be allowed to disrupt others. Silly man.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Yeah, what everyone said above is effective, but I personally stare at the front (whether it be board--even if blank--teacher, floor, etc)v until I tune out from noise (though generally up to uni this year, I've never had to resort to that), and then start listening really hard and chances are they'll leave you alone if nothing else.

HSC
Gangles.McGee said:
no idea how to help you - but you could always remind them that they'll FAIL and get NO UAI. yep yep
But a lot of the time its the people that dont need to pay attention that are the distractions. :(

ice ken

HSC
i do all my work at home 2. school is 4 fun dont stress it. this is last year of highschoool have funnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. i piss ppl of a lot by asking stupid questions or calling their anme out a lot :)

Lori.

HSC
Maybe this has been said already, but I'm not going to read the other comments atm :)
Maybe you can switch to other classes, say if you're in the english/maths/whatever class where noone focuses on their work, you can ask the headteacher to move you to one where the students are doing better. In my school they re-arranged all the maths classes after the yr11 yearly exams so that the better students were all together in one class, etc.

Just a thought ;)

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
hopeles5ly said:
That's like in every one of my classes. I just do the work that we are suppose to do in class, at home.
yeap, that's what I do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)