My Dilemma/Interview with the Principal. (1 Viewer)

broady

w3rd
HSC
Ok - here's my (short) story.

Recently had the interview with the principa (after our 1/2 yearlies). UAI estimate "mid 95s".

Now, I currently do around 10 minutes of work a week. I want to do B Commerce at USyd. (req. around 93,94).

I just feel like giving up and resorting to deep procrastination.

What do you guys think?

0Jade0

HSC
My advice... suck it up and just do the work. There isn't that long to go.

How do you plan on surviving uni?

Mutationis

Jun Ting Chau
HSC
ah broady. just feel lucky that you can get mid 95s with that amount of work. and plus draper says that they usually push down the estimates to try and get us to work harder.

broady

w3rd
HSC
haha yeah, I know.

For those of you that ask me how I'm going to survive at Uni... I'm actually going to do a course that I will enjoy, as opposed to the meaningless garbage that we learn at present (even in Business Studies, my favourite subject.)

Tulipa - I keep notes and study to the syllabus before assessments... and do pretty well (top of business studies and maths)

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
so obviously u do study alot... u just want people to feel sorry for u becos u will only achieve a dismal UAI of 95... :(

broady

w3rd
HSC
Trust me, from the school I go to - that's about average.

D

doiyoubi

I think you should if you think we will feel sorry for you because you got an estimate of 95

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
i know people that do way more work at uni than school, which is the opposite for me, i don't do anything@uni and going to have to work hard now to pass.. uni is not a bludge like everyone says

nahian

HSC
HAHA what a mad liar 10 minutes of work a week and estimated 95 uai
Give us a fucking break please

broady

w3rd
HSC
Why would I lie to a bunch like you? Or want you to feel sorry? What's there to be sorry about?

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
broady said:
Trust me, from the school I go to - that's about average.
Average??? What school do you go to then?

If your teachers are estimating a UAI of 95 you are doing something right so just keep it up, not everyone is lucky enough to be in your position 95 is an excellent UAI IF you can achieve it as it is still early days. Can't really see though how you can only do 10mins a day no matter how smart you are...

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
Hmm not many schools give out estimate uai's too .. right?

riot_girl88

HSC
No not many schools do it, but i really wish that i went to one that did.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
knobblett said:
I've got to agree with broady for some reason... 95 uai is standard at some schools, but i'm not gonna name names here.

If you want to study 10 mins per day, go for it - few people succeed in doing it well.. if you just plain suck, then go for the sporadic method.. got me through the HSC :D
i know someone in uni now that barely does any study and still gets 80+ in practically every exam/assessment. I think he got around like 97 for his UAI.

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
broady: There's not long to do, so don't give up just yet. Don't let procrastination overtake study.

Yeah that's about it

kbai

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)