My Goal For An Immortal Generation. (2 Viewers)

[Blank]

[Blank]
HSC
Uni Grad
that literally makes no sense. i can have faith that @yolo tengo will smash her mx1 but that has nothing to do with religion.
Depends on your definition of faith.
Would you say that there is a distinction between faith and belief?
I do.

People can both experience a religion from the perspective of someone who believes or has faith, but no one can have faith if they belief since it’s more like a conclusion that’s been educated towards, rather than a genuine relationship between one’s self in the context of a religion’s lore.

You don’t necessarily have to believe in the lore to have faith as of it is real, because so long as the feeling is that of it being true, the logic as to WHY it is true or anything logical, just isn’t necessary for the person.

[Blank]

[Blank]
HSC
Uni Grad
In twilight's grasp,
he roams alone,
A mind ensnared,
a soul unknown.
In shadows deep,
his thoughts take flight,
A delusion's dance in eerie light.

Haunted woods,
his kingdom drear,
Where whispers chill and specters leer.
Lost within his twisted mind,
A delusional man,
forever confined.
And so he knows that he was lost,
And strived and strives to find the light.

After going through years of being alone,
It was only then that he realised,
That he wasn’t looking at it right.

To be alone is to see things clear,
But he was lonely,
Struck with fear.

These two things aren’t necessarily the same,
For that’s the way,
he reached the end of the game.

In the end game there was observation,
salvation,
Illumination,
Purification.

He’s seeking came to an end,
with the warmth of Christmas morning,
as loneliness’ stead.

I could elaborate the lesson of atmospheres,
But that’s a waste of time, so I digress.

Last edited:

[Blank]

[Blank]
HSC
Uni Grad
yeah but then you'd be developing faith
Not really.
I think belief holds a person back from being able to develop that faith.

Of course, one does need to be aware of the knowledge that makes up the identity of the religion, but that knowledge doesn’t always have to result in a person taking on that knowledge as a grounded teaching/education that they believe in.
The difference between faith and belief is this:
Being open to allowing anything, regardless of what knowledge is accumulated, to be treated as either an experience of truth - faith.
Or, as they develop more and more knowledge, they create more logical conclusions out of it - belief.

It’s always preferable to experience the truth rather than believe it, and that’s why people then bring up, “But I’ve never seen God” or something along those lines.

Well, have you experienced the presence of a higher power? Is that possible for you?
If yes, then that means that you are capable of putting your faith into something, for the experience of truth is established, whether or not YOUR truth is actually the case in a wholistic sense.

In the end, being right isn’t the point, it’s just a matter of what way you want to live that’s most exciting, and from experience, self experience is must better than being opinionated about something that ISN’T in your experience in the first place.

Last edited:

harperissleepy

HSC
Not really.
I think belief holds a person back from being able to develop that faith.

Of course, one does need to be aware of the knowledge that makes up the identity of the religion, but that knowledge doesn’t always have to result in a person taking on that knowledge as a grounded teaching/education that they believe in.
The difference between faith and belief is this:
Being open to allowing anything, regardless of what knowledge is accumulated, to be treated as either an experience of truth - faith.
Or, as they develop more and more knowledge, they create more logical conclusions out of it - belief.

It’s always preferable to experience the truth rather than believe it, and that’s why people then bring up, “But I’ve never seen God” or something along those lines.

Well, have you experienced the presence of a higher power? Is that possible for you?
If yes, then that means that you are capable of putting your faith into something, for the experience of truth is established, whether or not YOUR truth is actually the case in a wholistic sense.

In the end, being right isn’t the point, it’s just a matter of what way you want to live that’s most exciting, and from experience, self experience is must better than being opinionated about something that ISN’T in your experience in the first place.
but faith and belief are very very similar... faith is trust and belief is acceptance
how the eff would belief hold a person back...

no i haave no experience with the 'higher power' because my faith was broken at a young age, which is a lot more freeing and im 100% happy being an athiest/agnostic
sure, there could be something out there, but it hasn't made itself known to the entire global population so why should i believe it
religion as an idea is great and can provide a lot of comfort for people but its not always used positively and can be used to take advantage and hurt many people

in the way you explain it, faith sounds like delusion.
you can have faith in a religion without being delusional, and in most cases, faith is more important than belief because belief is quite literally just acceptance
trust is stronger than acceptance
to accept something, you usually need to trust it (unless its been forced, but even then it shouldn't be considered belief- just a forced worldview)

i dont know iff that made sense cuz im TIREDDDD

HSC
N/A
And so he knows that he was lost,
And strived and strives to find the light.

After going through years of being alone,
It was only then that he realised,
That he wasn’t looking at it right.

To be alone is to see things clear,
But he was lonely,
Struck with fear.

These two things aren’t necessarily the same,
For that’s the way,
he reached the end of the game.

In the end game there was observation,
salvation,
Illumination,
Purification.

He’s seeking came to an end,
with the warmth of Christmas morning,
as loneliness’ stead.

I could elaborate the lesson of atmospheres,
But that’s a waste of time, so I digress.
Upon the stage,
where shadows softly sway,
This man, in folly's grip,
begins to play.
In dreams he finds his fleeting sense of worth,
A dance of delusion, upon the earth.

[Blank]

[Blank]
HSC
Uni Grad

interdice btew
Didn’t he leave BOS?
I didn’t ping him because I thought he wouldn’t see it anyways.
but faith and belief are very very similar... faith is trust and belief is acceptance
how the eff would belief hold a person back...

no i haave no experience with the 'higher power' because my faith was broken at a young age, which is a lot more freeing and im 100% happy being an athiest/agnostic
sure, there could be something out there, but it hasn't made itself known to the entire global population so why should i believe it
religion as an idea is great and can provide a lot of comfort for people but its not always used positively and can be used to take advantage and hurt many people

in the way you explain it, faith sounds like delusion.
you can have faith in a religion without being delusional, and in most cases, faith is more important than belief because belief is quite literally just acceptance
trust is stronger than acceptance
to accept something, you usually need to trust it (unless its been forced, but even then it shouldn't be considered belief- just a forced worldview)

i dont know iff that made sense cuz im TIREDDDD
you believe that being an atheist is good enough to feel as best as you can, but of course, although faith isn’t something purely logical, it allows for the chance to experience objective truth, whether you believe that’s possible or not.

When it comes to your faith in things such as a higher power dying, then I would recommend you give this thought experiment a go, and even if you believe it to be delusional, for the sake of the experiment I would like for you to entertain the idea:
What would life be like if God was a FACT?

How does that make you feel?
Don’t make the mistake of trying to create a story on what you would expect God to do or what certain things you associate him with after the many things you have learned over the years, but instead approach it with the understanding that you know nothing at all.

bibekkochar

HSC
Didn’t he leave BOS?

you believe that being an atheist is good enough to feel as best as you can, but of course, although faith isn’t something purely logical, it allows for the chance to experience objective truth, whether you believe that’s possible or not.

When it comes to your faith in things such as a higher power dying, then I would recommend you give this thought experiment a go, and even if you believe it to be delusional, for the sake of the experiment I would like for you to entertain the idea:

Don’t make the mistake of trying to create a story on what you would expect God to do or what certain things you associate him with after the many things you have learned over the years, but instead approach it with the understanding that you know nothing at all.
very interesting !

[Blank]

[Blank]
HSC
Uni Grad
Upon the stage,
where shadows softly sway,
This man in folly's grip,
begins to play.
In dreams he finds his fleeting sense of worth,
A dance of delusion, upon the earth.
The man’s delusions repeat itself,
Again and again fleeting as such.

In seeking of permanent sense of worth,
He found a solution to his curse.

By making his role on the stage so radiant and bright,
That is where his soul has might.

If thou hast a cynical belief to hold thy back,
Then the greatest possibility will be far from grasp.

harperissleepy

HSC
Didn’t he leave BOS?

its a drawing of interdice not actually interdice idk what bro looks like

being an athiest was freeing, because none of my worldviews are influenced by outside sources (or at least people i dont know), im not influenced by a church, or a large community.
i never said that the higher power died, they literally never existed for me personally
other ppl can have their own beliefs i do NOT think theyre delusional and never meant that lol i think you misunderstood

if there was a god, like how the christian god is portrayed, we wouldnt have half of the issues we have atm
bro was not all forgiving, or kind
if god was real why wouldn't they just make everyone inherently good, so no sin was committed?
it doesnt make me feel anything but annoyance because i want t o be able to decide shit by myself

alanainpain06

HSC

yo i think hes calling you that

HSC
N/A

Thou art a creature not of this world, yet thy intellect doth lack the luster of the stars.

[Blank]

[Blank]
HSC
Uni Grad
being an athiest was freeing, because none of my worldviews are influenced by outside sources (or at least people i dont know), im not influenced by a church, or a large community.
I can understand that this is your interpretation of the moment you decided to be an atheist back then TODAY, but I doubt that’s everything that went through your head back when you made the decision.
Even if that was the reason somehow for making you to decide to become an atheist, in the end, there are still two types of influences:
Belief - logical conclusions, just as how you’re currently being influenced by the atheist agenda.
Faith - a first hand experience of the relationships that you have in the presence moment to a personal degree, whether they manifest in the material world or not, just like a long distance relationship can still be a real relationship for some.

if there was a god, like how the christian god is portrayed, we wouldnt have half of the issues we have atm
bro was not all forgiving, or kind
if god was real why wouldn't they just make everyone inherently good, so no sin was committed?
it doesnt make me feel anything but annoyance because i want t o be able to decide shit by myself
I said not to approach it with the things you learned over the years.
I’m not talking about the Christian God or this god or that god or your own made up one, I’m talking about the presence of God as a literal being that you nothing of since you haven’t seen him.

Just because you’ve never been to mars, doesn’t mean that you don’t have faith that mars exists.
However, you believe that god doesn’t exist because you believe that you have freedom through self control, which is true to some extent, but again, if you are willing to entertain the idea for just a moment, trust it for just a moment, put your faith in it for just a moment, you would come to know right away that there is a subtle form of ultimate freedom that comes from SUBMISSION, rather than always relying on self control.

The act of putting your faith into ANYTHING, whether it be god, your inspiration, your lover, whoever, whatever, wherever, then you will have ultimate freedom.

The creator and creation are one in the same after all, to reference some ancient teachings, so you can literally put your faith into anything, and through extension you will experience the presence of god or a higher power or whatever way you want to put it, through these relationships.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)