My hands are really dry. (1 Viewer)

DarthCUD

Shaman of Sexy
I dont stay in the same location all the time.
HSC
The skin on both my hands are really dry, not peeling just dry and around the knuckles there are cuts from the dry skin. My mum says its from washing my hands too much cos she thinks i have OCD but i dont think its that. Any advice?

SMP213

HSC
do u clean alot? or maybe its exposure to alot of chemicals or something. just keep puttin cream on it! hope that helps :)

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
It's that time of the year; Winter.
I used to have dry skin when i was in my young teens, it was as dry as paper. I could actually use a pencil to draw things on my hands.
I started moisturising my hands and it helped a lot.

I think you need moisturising cream for your hands, i suggest you make a quick trip to the local pharmacy soon. Otherwise when your skin starts cracking then it will be uncomfortable.

My skin is no longer dry, (two years of good healthy skin and counting :) )

Last edited:

kawaiinlove

HSC
The skin on both my hands are really dry, not peeling just dry and around the knuckles there are cuts from the dry skin. My mum says its from washing my hands too much cos she thinks i have OCD but i dont think its that. Any advice?
it depends, do you do any kind of labour? my dad's hands are always dry from bricklaying. and my brother did boxing so the skin on his knuckles was always as dry as a bone.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
thats pretty much exactly the same as me.

everytime u wash ur hands, moisturise.

rozymisty

HSC
My hands are dry due to occupation as well...nursing...Im always washing my hands esp when that gel stuff so I have to make sure that during winter in particular that I use the Microshield moisturiser that they have around the ward...but not too much of it.

I also get eczema but thankfully its not to bad this year, when it starts up i just use this cream stuff that the doc prescribed for me and it clears it up in a few days...wonderful stuff!

efhat

HSC
can i ask what cream you use rozymisty?

because my skin has recently started to become constantly dry and scaly around my chest area, no matter how much i mousturise, so im thinking it may be mild eczema. Might give that cream a go

Uncle

Banned
HSC
After taking Omega 3 supplements I found they work.
Or you can wait below the Atlantic Waterfall provided you knocked out or killed the bears and catch a salmon and eat it.
your omega 3 right there swimming to you

rozymisty

HSC
can i ask what cream you use rozymisty?

because my skin has recently started to become constantly dry and scaly around my chest area, no matter how much i mousturise, so im thinking it may be mild eczema. Might give that cream a go
Hm give your doctor a visit and try milder stuff first off all. You can try over the counter stuff for eczema like honey or oat creams..they are apparently really good.

The cream that I have got is call Advantan Fatty Ointment. With the creams, you only use a VERY small amount as its a corticosteroid cream which long term use is not good for you at all. I only use the cream for a max of 5 days at a time and then its normally pretty good for a while

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Moisturise daily especially after you wash your hands and use mild soap when you do wash them. Use a good basic lotion like Vaseline, no need for anything fancy. Drink more water.

Jaylee42003

HSC
Moisturise daily especially after you wash your hands and use mild soap when you do wash them. Use a good basic lotion like Vaseline, no need for anything fancy. Drink more water.
eew I'd never use vaseline on my hands, coz it makes them heaps slippery and yeah...eugh

I'd only ever use vaseline on cracked lips, irritated top lip when you have a cold etc...

Try sorbeline cream.
And don't keep washing them! They get dried out heaps easy that way!

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
eew I'd never use vaseline on my hands, coz it makes them heaps slippery and yeah...eugh

I'd only ever use vaseline on cracked lips, irritated top lip when you have a cold etc...

Try sorbeline cream.
And don't keep washing them! They get dried out heaps easy that way!
I didn't mean the petroleum jelly, more the basic hand creams they make which are pretty good especially if your skin is really dry. The intensive rescue stuff is good for epic dryness.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
you need moisturiser. Do you do household chores often? maybe it's because of that or the weather.

gcchick

Come at me bro
HSC
Uni Grad
Use Barrier Cream (I swear by the stuff) or Cocoa Butter.

rozymisty

HSC
Whats the name of the barrier cream?

How about your feet, do they get dry? Mine get cracked and winter aint helping...

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
you've never heard of cocoa butter?

efhat

HSC
please go and smell that cocoa butter stuff omie....its almost good enough to eat!

but don't please

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)