My Hitchhikers Books Arrived!!! (1 Viewer)

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
YAY!!! they arrived yesterday afternoon and im so happy

i ordered the boxed set of the five part trilogy off some dude in england off ebay

they are used, but still in mint condition!! YAY!!!

just started reading the first one. its so cool :D

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
yeha i know eh? but i was gonna read them for a while cos neeja recommended them and then i liked the movie so i was like "I HAVE TO READ THEM!!"

mitochondria

*Rawr*!
HSC
oooh! do they have pictures in them? if so I'll just buy them on ebay.. how annoying is it when you flip the page and it turns out to be a not very nice looking picture from the movie.. and so far my pictureless-hitchiker-hunt it is a fruitless pursuit :(

Last edited:

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
You do realise the movie is very different from the book right? Adams made a tradition of changing the story from radio series to radio series, then when he wrote the book, the plot changed again, then the movie has changed it again.

Still, they're all supoib. And Zooey Deschanel is hot in the movie, far hotter than I had pictured Trillian.

Aznpsycho

Supplies!
HSC
N/A
I hated the Trillian in the BBC production. Arrgh, she's meant to be some calm intelligent young woman, and they replaced her with a shrill demented platinum blonde!

If you ask me, I like the second book better. Especially the bit with the crashed ship on the primitive planet. It's near the end, but it's the best.

Book 3 is completely insane and random, and has few redeeming features.

Book 4 has a nice little love story, and a nice interpretation of the meaning of life.

Book 5 goes back to being completely random, and ends on a depressing note.

mizosoup

HSC
what are you going on about?!?! hitchhiker's all about the randomness!

Aznpsycho

Supplies!
HSC
N/A
I actually like the first Dirk Gently book. I think it was called Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency. It's really bizarre, but it still makes sense in the end. Eventually. But its sequel was rather bland.

It sucks Adams died... Still, you can see a heck of a lot of his influence in Terry Pratchett. Which I am reading at the moment.

To whoever the hell reserved 'Going Postal' from Baulko library, screw you. I wanted to renew it for another week or so.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)