My IPT teacher (1 Viewer)

fusionized

After reading numerous threads regarding "retarded IPT teachers", I would like to share my experiences with my IPT teacher regarding HSC assessments.

Basically, we have 5 assessments all weighing 20% each. Fair enough it is quite a long course: multimedia, automated manufacturing systems, database and projectwork.

We did the database assessment on term 4 last year followed by multimedia assessment on Term 1. Fair enough he was going really behind and barely taught us anything and his notes are so shocking that I had to compile my own notes based on the syllabus not waffling.

At the beginning of term 3, we had an AMS assessment weighing 20%, followed by another communication assessment weighting 20%, then major project (weighing 20%) due the week after followed by an IPT trial during our Trial examinations.

I managed to only score "60%" in the communication and AMS assessment. I complained to the teacher about cramming all assessments 1 week apart and he begins to ramble on about how he is conteplating a change next year. Like it really matters to me. We received both marks for both written exam and because this was our first written assessment besides preliminary yearlies, after the first exam we never really got feedback on how to approach IPT written assessments. Quite shocking if you ask me?

Advice for year 11 students, dont choose this subject, do a much more worthwhile subject such as: Ceramics or some hospitality course as you will learn more in those subjects than you ever will in IPT.

Last edited:

Huy

HSC
N/A
Come on, IPT is cool!

I'd advise everybody out there to do IPT *IF* they like to have a bludge, they're really good at cramming at the last minute, if they can remember paragraphs/sentences off the top of their heads, or if they have a geniune interest in information systems and their associated processes/information technology (which includes hardware and software :p).

My IPT teacher is cool, I won't say anything bad about her :D

Huy

HSC
N/A
"No comment" :p ;) :D

(She visits BoS, and other teachers of mine frequent the forum too, so I'll be safe in declining to answer :D)

The real question is, "What do YOU think!" ;) :cool:

^___^
HSC
my new ipt teacher is a legend..

teaches both english ext2 and computer so i always ask him english stuff afterwards

Huy

HSC
N/A
Damn, the only teacher I've got in common for subjects are Ext 1 and Ext 2 English (makes sense).

Other than that, I've got different teachers for every subject.

It'd be cool to have IPT and Ext 2 I think, as I would have changed my whole major work, incorporating technology etc (one of the outcomes for English) and then I would have been able to work on Ext 2 at the same time as I would've on IPT.

What a combo that would have been ... now I'm stuck with poetry :rolleyes:

^___^
HSC
lol, i got another common teacher, but this one is not like my IPT example, but close..

my physics teacher teaches us maths at times coz out fucken 3u teacher is a dickhead and hates us...but our physics teacher is a living legend...and so freaken smart...

Huy

HSC
N/A
You can't beat my old physics teacher,
He knew the entire syllabus for every subject! (I think he did anyway, but he knew modules/dot points for subjects he didn't even teach!).

Also, if you look on the back page of the IPT trial, you'll see him mentioned, and he doesn't even teach IPT! (The same goes for SDD, I saw an exam with him being credited...)

Holy ****
That's English, Physics, Chemistry, IPT, SDD, History, probably Geo and many, many more subjects in the 1 teacher, which is bloody amazing :)

He contributed to Spotlight Physics, but I never read it LOL :D

Delta32

usyd junkie
HSC
in reply to the original post... everyone in your class is in the same boat, generally as long as this standardisation is in place, it won't ultimately make a difference, just do the best you can in everything.

I've enjoyed IPT immensely, would recommend it just as Huy.

^___^
HSC
i'm having trouble enjoying IPT now, i do enjoy other subjects but...

but IPT seems to turn me down

Huy

HSC
N/A
"IPT turns me on for other reasons other than the course and content itself."

I hope the thread title doesn't give it away :rolleyes: :D
ONLY kidding!

I like IPT ...really! :)

Delta32

usyd junkie
HSC
what in particular turns you off?

I loved (laughed too) at the fact that we finished all core modules by week 2, term 1 and all the options by week 1 term 2 (yes, we did all four).

Now all we'll be doing is sitting around and doing exam after exam after exam - like all my subs I guess... *sighs* only about 30 days of school left

Huy

HSC
N/A
What turns me off?

Memorising bits/tones and audio/video filesize calculations FOR NOTHING!

I really wanted to be tested on that during the IPT Trial.
Audio: sample rate * bit resolution * channels * time in seconds
Video: bits per frame * frames per second * time in seconds

The humanity...
I wanted to be tested on the ACID test as well (Data integrity).
AND ... Rapid Response, Reliability, Inflexibility and Controlled Processing (characteristics of a TPS).

But what do I get?
Crappy project work and project management, communication skills: Negotiation, Conflict Resolution, Team Building, etc. (Team building wasn't in it, but you know the ones... Active Listening, I had to make them up! :chainsaw: )

Delta32

usyd junkie
HSC
meh, well... cores are cores ya know...

multimedia bleh...

I'm doing AMS and DSS... so much more interesting and fun...plus no maths ;) (something I decided to boycott because I could this year - not because I couldn't do it...).

I actually enjoyed drawing a neural network processing diagram today... lol... something must be wrong

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)