My IRP Idea (1 Viewer)

modelzsuck

Kylie
HSC
Hey I just got my IRP on Friday and I was wondering if anyone who has already done theres can comment upon my ideas and tell me how i could go about it and some advice, thanks

My idea is to focus on how different age groups view homosexual relationships and Homosexual Marriage, I also aim to find out if youth think there is enough education about it and if there is enough facilities available and also I would like to find out what people think about the differences between the homosexual and heterosexual sex consent age. I have a gay guy friend and a guy bisexual and also a girl bisexual and i am going to interview them and record what they say and also make case studies up about them and to find out the peoples thoughts I am going to use surveys. Please tell me your thoughts. :(

j.c.ka

HSC
it's a good idea! but you'll have to survey more people then just your friends?? its not very reliable... thast just my thoughts :)

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
umm you should probably do some research into the issue.. because homosexual marriage doesnt exist here in australia but they are recognised as a de facto couple
but yeh also you should be interviewing a range of people not just friends..
and its kind of one of those issues where you have to delve into personal thoughts/feelings which may encounter some ethical/privacy issues.. kinda like researching domestic violence or sexual abuse..
id probably stay away from something like that because although its a good topic and probably really interesting alot of research you will encounter will probably have some sort of bias.. and its hard to get real statistics to back things up
then again im not the one marking it and im sure if you could satisfy all the guidelines (which your teacher should be able to show you) you could work it into a good irp

modelzsuck

Kylie
HSC
I am just doing that to interview them for homosexual points of view about how they think people feel and how that makes them feel. I am going to make them into case studies, but i am going to survey two classes from every year at my school and about the same for 20-30 age 30-40 and 40-50 and possibly 50-60.

modelzsuck

Kylie
HSC
I am already researching and i know that marriage is non existent that is why i want to know if people are angry that homosexuals cannot be married, i have already talked to the people i will be interviewing and they have no problem against it, the guy i am interviewing who is gay is really open about it and i mean REALLY open. I told them that I would be the only one that would ever know that it was them who i had interviewed and they are perfectly fine with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)