My learners license expired can I still use it as ID to get into bars? (1 Viewer)

Shoom

HSC
N/A
Just wondering if I can still get intobars/clubs with it tomorrow?

biopia

WestSyd-UNSW3x/week
HSC
If you had to show it, they'd check the birthday, not the expiry date. As such, I imagine it would be fine. It might be worth your while to get a proof of age card or something though, because not many 18+ y.o.'s have learner licenses, expired or not XD

Shoom

HSC
N/A
LOl, I better get driving.

How bad is it gonna look handing the guy a learners card when im 18

biopia

WestSyd-UNSW3x/week
HSC
Well if you're 18, it won't look that bad lol. How come it's expired then lol? They last 5 years, don't they? Meaning you can be a learner up until you're 21? It would look really bad if you were 22 hehehe.

Shoom

HSC
N/A
OMG,Im such a doofus, I rad it as 2010, its 2014.

Sorry everybody.

biopia

WestSyd-UNSW3x/week
HSC
Hahahahaha! That's ok :p
Glad I could help lol.

Hannargh

HSC
I'm using my passport from now on, embarrassing showing a learners licence :shy:

Even more embarrassing when I couldn't use it in a Victorian bottle shop, cause it 'wasn't valid' :confused:

Hannargh

HSC
I have no idea, I was with someone who had a Victorian learners licence, the lady said his was fine, but since I didn't have a 'valid' proof of age card, so refused to sell both of us alcohol :confused:

Shoom

HSC
N/A
What an idiot, I am pretty certain the license can be used for proof of age,since it counts in those 100 points of ID.

Hannargh

HSC
That's what I thought, and told her. Bitch didn't want to hear a word of it. I used my licence buying alcohol before in Vic and it worked then.

Stupid bitch.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
That's what I thought, and told her. Bitch didn't want to hear a word of it. I used my licence buying alcohol before in Vic and it worked then.

Stupid bitch.
So you both had licenses/ID or just one of you? If you buy alcohol with other people present, everyone has to have ID not just the person buying it, if you look under 25 at least anyway. Or maybe it has to be a license from the state you're buying in, not 100% sure on how it works

If she rejected you when you did have valid ID though that's not cool.

pman

Banned
HSC
I've done my RSA so I'm going to tell you what is checked when looking at proof of age, first thing checked is the expiry dat, te card cannot have expired, then the birthdate, the hologram and if they really aren't sure, the green line around the edge...If I'm not sure the licence is yours I'll ask you some questions about the info and then maybe ask for another form of ID that doesn't have yor photo on it, just to prove you've got two cards with the same name on them

shona1990

HSC
I'm 20 and I use my expired learners license to get into bars/clubs.
Nobody ever looks at the exp date. Even if they did, I have credit cards etc to show them anyway.

s-p-a-c-e-d

HSC
uhh what do credit cards have to do with an expired learners? invalid id is invalid...however, here are some things i've done with my expired learners license:

got into pretty much any bar/club although the bouncer at civic did infact point out it had expired and told me i should get another one (but still let me in). only get asked for id once in a blue moon anyway really...

registered a card at star city. they put it in an actual machine/reader thing and i got nervous but apparently it was fine

tried to update my phone contract and he did not let me (which is fair enough)

just carry my passport despite the horrible photo since it's a sure thing

chrisnumber1

HSC
I'm 20 and I use my expired learners license to get into bars/clubs.
Nobody ever looks at the exp date. Even if they did, I have credit cards etc to show them anyway.
but your female...if you actually are female. i know 16 y/o's who show their l licence and get in to clubs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)