my msn messenger wont open sometimes :( (1 Viewer)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
awhile ago it said the server was busy and overloaded or something. I kept trying and got through the 7th time :)

equiski

HSC
If MSN isn't working correctly, maybe you should try Gaim or Trillian, there are applications that allow you to chat on the MSN network (along with the AIM/ICQ/IRC/Yahoo Messenger networks) with many more features and a nicer interface. Its worth checking out.

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
ok, well, i click on the icon
but it wont pop up- the prog wont boot!
that is the mouse goes hour glass mode trhen turns back to norm aand then nothing happens

if crash is having a prob at the same time then i guess msn is runnin slow

sunny

meh.
HSC
Does it happen only after you've closed MSN before? Or does it happen completely randomly? Have you tried reinstalling MSN?

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
no never tried to do anything with messenger, perhaps i should have updated it

but even before the update came up it happened once in a while.
like i turn on the comp or logg into my account and go to start and then msn messenger icon and then kapput- nothing happens.

i guess it happens randomly

i tried to change the compatibility settings to win 2000 or win 95 doesnt do anything
im still working on it, coz im stressed out after 1 day of uni

JimmyK

Narrabeen, Sydney/Maitland, Hunter Valley
HSC
it should have forced you to update MSN recently, as microsoft are preparing to move to MSN 7.0.
You need to have 6.2 to connect as far as i know.
Trillian is good, and if your on linux or mac .. Amsn is good also.

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
MSN has been having a multitude of problems recently, most notably that users cannot connect in peak hour through the messenger client. I'd have to agree with the comments above that you try another client so you can determine whether the problem is local or whether the messenger service is undergoing problems at any one time.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
equiski said:
If MSN isn't working correctly, maybe you should try Gaim or Trillian, there are applications that allow you to chat on the MSN network (along with the AIM/ICQ/IRC/Yahoo Messenger networks) with many more features and a nicer interface. Its worth checking out.
The only quibble I had with GAIM was that when a new chat window opened it would open in a tab and i wouldnt see it. Is there any way to get all chats to open in new windows?

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
If you have MSN messenger 7.0 (beta) there are still problems with it.... MANY virus / fire walls, Stop you from logging in at all, let alone opening it... IF You have these problems, its reccomended that you get rid of it, by clicking "add/Remove" programs in your settings box, and re-download 6.2 Or whichever one you want..
Trillian is also a good alternative... you can have MSN , YAHOO, AIM and ICQ and others all on at the same time :D Tis goodQ! :p

HSC
mr EaZy said:
its really annoying!

especially when im in crisis mode over my stupid uni decisions

can anyone tell me why sometimes messenger wont open when i tell it to?

thank you
yeh my msn is fucked to. everytime im online it signs out after about 5-10 mins. its SOO fucking annoying.. i got so frustrated i punched our ol computer and broke it..

sunny

meh.
HSC
withoutaface said:
The only quibble I had with GAIM was that when a new chat window opened it would open in a tab and i wouldnt see it. Is there any way to get all chats to open in new windows?
Preferences -> Conversations -> Tab Options -> Show IMs and chats in tabbed windows.

sladehk

le random
HSC
sunny said:
Preferences -> Conversations -> Tab Options -> Show IMs and chats in tabbed windows.
I wished MSN would also add this features to messenger :(

ReaveR

HSC
I think one of the older StuffPlug's plugin could do tabbed convo's, although I reckon it made it alot more work trying to keep up with convos.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)