my multiple choice answers (1 Viewer)

shimmy&shine

HSC
omg, I wouldn't worry if i was you.

You're all talking bout alpha units, amino acids, etc.

I just said it was a fuckin molecule.

I dunno. Though, my impressions are now, that nearly everyone in this forum are really smart, coming from top schools, or are highly ranked. We are all comparing oursleves to one anothrt,but the bigger picture is that we should be comparing oursleves with state level, which, I believe, is significantly lower.

otherwise, some of you will be battling for top of the state. good luck for that! :)

blueyez

HSC
abroscrasha said:
yeah i got all the same answers in multiple chioce as well. my teacher thinks that q9. is a) or b) though.
i was sure it was (d) because it talks about aldosterone being resposible for the reabsorbtion of both salt (sodium ion) and water. its more acurate than (a) and (b). but thats just my opinion.

i liked Q15 about the beef infected with prions, i knew some info on that because im not accepted as a blood donor in australia because i lived in england. i reseached info because i was interested in why they wont accept my blood. i got (d) for that one.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Dr_Doom said:
Shit I think I called it a molecule aswell... But I mentioned the 4 subunits (alpha 1,2, beta 1,2).. I also said it had adaptive advantage because RBC have no nucleus so it can carry more.
But molecules don't have subunits! Only proteins do!

StYlez-

HSC
I just said it was a fuckin molecule.

ditto.

ffs, test was bs.

sx4daboiz

HSC
N/A
Dr_Doom why the hell is Q 6 B (dominant) please explain!! Why isn't it D- sex-linked. If it was dominant then how come it wasnt in both kids??

Dr_Doom

HSC
sx4daboiz said:
Dr_Doom why the hell is Q 6 B (dominant) please explain!! Why isn't it D- sex-linked. If it was dominant then how come it wasnt in both kids??
Just because the genotype has a dominant allele doesn't mean all the kids will have it. The mother and father both have the disorder, but they could have been heterozygous.

It's not sex linked because both females and males have the disorder. Yes there are chances where both sex's can get sex linked recessive, which would make both the parents have the disorder. But if that was the case, then the F1 generation would both have the disorder aswell.

cclift

HSC
sx4daboiz said:
This is due to the fact that both of the parents had a heterozygous genotype (Tt) A dominant allele will present itself whenever it is present while a recessive only shows in the absence of the dominant allele. so if you were to do your punnet square, you will see that there is the possibility that one of the children could have a homozygous recessive genotype.

T t

T TT Tt

t Tt tt

mendelian ratio of 1:2:1 :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)