My place related texts (1 Viewer)

angel_fire

HSC
hey all
I am doing my place and I have to find 3 related texts which I can relate to the story in at least 3 different ways. I really have no idea. my teacher is not allowed to help us because it is an assessment task. i know there is a thread for related texts but i don't know how to relate any to My place. If anyone has any ideas they are willing to share please help me. if I can help anyone with anything if i know the answer I will. Just post your question. Thanks for your help. And good luck 2004/05 year 12's :rolleyes: and I hope all 2004 yr 12 are happy they have finished and congrats ont he hard work :) . I have only just started and I am starting to realise what you went though. Please help if you can. Thanks
Angel_fire

HSC
N/A
Yikes... YUCKY...

that IS a toughie, particularly considering what My Place is like. I personally would just stick to finding any decent inner journey related texts and twist it to reflect My Place in some way.

Failing that, try some autobiograhpies? I used Girl, Interrupted, which might work (aspects? what aspects?!).

I'm really only realising now how difficult English can be now... thank god I finished it!!!

Let's see if anyone else is able to shed some light on the issue... I'm just unable to think in this heat... :S

HSC
N/A
Ok! Obviously no-one else is game enough to shed some light, so I'll have to give it another go! *glitterfairy rolls up sleeves*

Let's look at "aspects" of Sally's journey...

Right. Not very helpful. Trying thinking harder, glitterfairy.

... Physical growth (eg the passing of time, language etc)
... Identity (eg change of personal pronoun from "I" to "We" - Shared autobiography rather than just a regular autobiography)
... Umm... Racial Discrimination ('nuff said, aka "Who knows, waffle for your life!")
----or even just discrimination in general! Sally is "rejected" not because there is something wrong, but because she is different - Susanna in Girl Interrupted shares a similar fate.

*Catalysts. This is really important in My Place. As each member of Sally's family opens up, "this forms the catalyst for another to do so". Sally cannot discover all the secrets alone - even then, "some things are best left hidden" or something like that. Nan holds some things back. Think of it a bit like peer pressure. Also, the more Sally knows, the more she wants to know. This can be linked to lots of things... eg "the more you have, the more you desire".

Ahh that's all I can do for you right now, if I can think of anything else (all HSC stuff is very happily fleeing my head at this point in time) I'll add it!

Kulazzi

HSC
well, you can't do an autobio (sorry glitterfairy!) because you already have that as your main text, what you can do however is look for an Aboriginal poem because that can definitely link back to My Place. If you're thinking of doing Rabbit Proof Fence, and you are an advanced student, then make sure that you can communicate the idea in a sophisticated way or if you're not an advanced student, then don't worry about it.So that's just about two, maybe you can look for a mature novel that represents discrimation and racial abuse, or maybe the search for self-identity cos thats what My Place is all ab out. You've probably handed in your assessment by now considering it's nearly the end of term but if you change, then yeah, that's all Ican recommend :)

cheng

HSC
NEED HELP we all fall down + my place + the simple gift

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey could u help me wit eng plzz??
if u got any notes of "the simple gift" or "we all fall down" or "my place"
could u plz send dem to me ? thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)