My Proposal (1 Viewer)

Toby_18

HSC
I have decided to do Hiroshima.

This is my Focus Area atm:

The contention and deliberation over the bombings over Hiroshima at the end of World War 2 in relation to the aftermath of the attacks. This will include the attempted American justification, Japanese anger and International response to the events. The focus area also incorporates the differing historical views of the events and how they were recorded.

I have a feeling this is too broad. Can anyone help me refine it or make a good fucus question.. Any help would be awesome!

X

xeuyrawp

Toby_18 said:
I have decided to do Hiroshima.

This is my Focus Area atm:

The contention and deliberation over the bombings over Hiroshima at the end of World War 2 in relation to the aftermath of the attacks. This will include the attempted American justification, Japanese anger and International response to the events. The focus area also incorporates the differing historical views of the events and how they were recorded.

I have a feeling this is too broad. Can anyone help me refine it or make a good fucus question.. Any help would be awesome!
Hi,

Sounds like you're ontop of what you're doing.

Yes, it is a bit broad, maybe consider one of your ideas -- American justification, International response, etc.

The 'differing historical views' bit is a given -- you always have to mention different perspectives and ideas in your mw, it's part of the criteria :)

Toby_18

HSC
Thanks man..

I might focus a bit more on the American Justification and just metion how it differs to the Japanese side of the event.

Any more ideas?

X

xeuyrawp

Toby_18 said:
Thanks man..

I might focus a bit more on the American Justification and just metion how it differs to the Japanese side of the event.

Any more ideas?
Hmm, you could go into what's called 'historical ethics', which is a branch of historiographical philosophy, but it might be too complex.

An interesting point of enquiry would be to look at how the justification has changed over time.

Try not to get too involved in 'was it actually necessary', because then you're just talking about hypotheticals -- 'but what if... and if...' which is not great.

Sorry I can't be more specific, my brain isn't working great today. Ask some more questions, though, and I'll be able to answer.

Toby_18

HSC
Yeah.. I think justification will be the right way to go..

Do you know of any more inquiry questions such as Justification that I could mention in my research?

My proposal is due tommorow! Great fun.. lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)