• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

My reminder as to why I hate PC gaming (1 Viewer)

sunny

meh.
HSC
Cyan_phoeniX said:
Hw hard is it to put a new 3d card into a laptop? And Are there limitations to what kind of 3d card a laptop can hold? I never thought about changing the card because I didn't think it was something that is generally done in laptops...
Usually a laptop is one board with everything integrated on it. Sometimes bits of it are modular but generally you can't change the graphics card.

Hero Of Time

HSC
N/A
My laptop kicks ass, it plays everything fine, although it still needs more RAM, at least 2 GB. Though, your hate for PC gaming is more aimed at the limitations of laptop gaming.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
so you're saying you can run Madden 07 at a similar graphical quality as what you can run it at on a 360?

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Integrated memory will never be as fast as onboard memory.

It's a good bet Geforce 7600 will be MxM and interchangeable, but I doubt a 7300 TurboCache would be.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
i have no idea what mxm is. im not big on pc-l33tness

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Sorry, the MxM comment was directed at someone else.

For you, I would suggest sticking with console. It probably doesn't interest you to bother with high end components for PC gaming, and it's probably cheaper with console too.

HSC
have you tried any other games? i dont think stalker really works well on any pc.

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
sanjeevprasad99 said:
PC gaming = $$$$
if u want to play a new game, then u need a new comp.....TOP OF THE RANGE!
or......forget max settings
my comp speces:
3800+dual core (clocked)
6600 (clocked)
2 gig ram
.....and games lag, i got it 2 years ago (back then it was the newest thing out) it ran everything...and now....no where near
my comp is like, better than most ppls comps, but still it lags, games hav reached a new leval, they are more gfx intensive
1 year ago, this guy spent $10 000 AU, on a comp...and now, he plays flight simulator 10 on max settings with 20fps
he plays stalker with 35 fps(max)...tho he has a 30 inch screan-_-
his specs:
8800gtx sli
quad core extreme
2 gig ram
.......that comp is killa, its still expencive, and still lags
if u wanna game on computers.....NVA USE A LAPTOP!
I call complete BS. 2 8800GTXs in SLI is a killer setup today. Combine it with teh Processor and RAM and you still have a completely killer rig. That should run anything.

@ Stazi: The only thing holding you back is the 7300. That's why I chose my laptop and opted for a slightly slower processor. I have an ASUS F3JP which has a C2D T5500 (1.66ghz), 1GB (becoming 2 very, very soon), and an ATI X1700. The X1700 is awesome. It runs anything ont he source engine perfectly on max setting at the native resolution (1280x800). Need For Speed Carbon runs very well on higher settings at 1024x768 (doesn't support widescreen resolutions for some reason). They are the 2 main games that I ahve tried, simply because my download limit is maxed for this month. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)