My teacher had to scale our chemistry marks they were so bad! (1 Viewer)

sicklad200

HSC
HAHA I'm crying

my grade failed chemistry so bad, highest was 84% the next highest was 69%, the lowest was 15% and the average was 40%.

the 84 got scaled to a 90, and my 30 got scaled to a 45.

to be fair, my teacher admitted they use questions for quanitiavive from last years HSC exam.

oh well.

has anyones else had a similar prelim chemistry experience?

I go to a top 100 school, where majority of Chem students get band 5s and 6s, my teacher was distressed.

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
HAHA I'm crying

my grade failed chemistry so bad, highest was 84% the next highest was 69%, the lowest was 15% and the average was 40%.

the 84 got scaled to a 90, and my 30 got scaled to a 45.

to be fair, my teacher admitted they use questions for quanitiavive from last years HSC exam.

oh well.

has anyones else had a similar prelim chemistry experience?

I go to a top 100 school, where majority of Chem students get band 5s and 6s, my teacher was distressed.
Honestly those are good marks.
I dropped chem buuuuut in my prelims you wont believe how bad the cohort was(Still just as bad lol)

I got 18% for the YEARLY, a 28% OVERALL average and there was still 30 people BELOW me!!!.

HSC
We just got our yearlies back as well. The avg. was 40% but most of the people i asked were in the 30's or 20's... i just passed and was one of the few people who did. But remember this years syllabus is a lot harder than last years, my teacher said that we learn a lot of things that the the current year 12's don't know and that since it's harder it'll scale way better. yay

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Better to be hard and get it wrong now, than have it be easy now and get it wrong in the exam.

Frostguard

HSC
I mean as long as it wasn't in year 12 it should be alright, I remember my English head teacher altered the assessment internal marks for year 12 and basically gave everyone 10 whole extra marks and when HSC came everybody get screwed by the HSC yikes, but yeah like Absolutezero said, it's much better to be marked harshly now so you can improve for next time

Arrowshaft

HSC
We just recently had our prelim chem finals and 95% was quantitative/maths basically NO THEORY. It was good for me cos since it was just maths I finished in like an hour (2 hour test in total) and checked like 3 times but like half of the kids who do not do any higher level maths struggled a LOT I heard. This new syllabus is waaay to lenient to maths students. Like honestly NESA, include some theory to give the others a fighting chance.

year10studentpreparin

HSC
We just recently had our prelim chem finals and 95% was quantitative/maths basically NO THEORY. It was good for me cos since it was just maths I finished in like an hour (2 hour test in total) and checked like 3 times but like half of the kids who do not do any higher level maths struggled a LOT I heard. This new syllabus is waaay to lenient to maths students. Like honestly NESA, include some theory to give the others a fighting chance.
wrong... wtf?
first of all chemistry math is just figuring out what to do because it is wordy. second of all, most of it is just theory, there were like more calculation questions in the multiple choice than in the short answer.
Chem calculations are actually easy for everyone doing all math levels its just you need to know WHAT you are trying to calculate etc

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
wrong... wtf?
first of all chemistry math is just figuring out what to do because it is wordy. second of all, most of it is just theory, there were like more calculation questions in the multiple choice than in the short answer.
Chem calculations are actually easy for everyone doing all math levels its just you need to know WHAT you are trying to calculate etc
4 year old post btw

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)