My teacher is teh gay... (1 Viewer)

daviet

HSC
Now that I got your attention :p

My teacher asked us to explain why cleanliness in food, water & personal hygiene practises assist control of diseases and to distinguish between infectious & non-infectious diseases.
All in 2 pages....

Can someone help me find some info or lend some advice please?

Thanks for taking your time to read this, 'av a nice day :)

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
mouth is one avenue which pathogens can enter the body.... washing hand before eating is a good habit, as it gets rid of the pathogens (most of them any way), so lower your chance of getting infected

infectious disease maybe passed on to other persons, non-infectious diseases cannot be passed on to other individuals (with the exception of genetic disorders, which is non-infectious but may be passed on to offsprings)

HSC
Control of disease caused by organisms include:
  • ways of preventing contamination of food and water through prper sanitation, proper food handling, personal hygiene and water treatment processes
  • Ways to prevent transmission of the disease and infection by using disinfectants, sterilisation and antiseptics and through minimising contact with food and water. Crowded conditions, poor sanitation and untreated sewage increase the spread of disease
  • ways to prevent decomposition and spoilage of food
An infectious disease is one that is caused by an organism and that can be transfered from one person to another. eg. colds, chicken pox, herpes etc
Non-infectious diseases are diseases that are not due to disease causing organisms. They include genetic diseases, such as down syndrome, haemophilia, and those that are related to lifestyle or environment, such as cardiovascular disease and skin cancer.

I hope this is helpful:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)