My Wild Swans offering (1 Viewer)

jimmik

HSC
u must be kidding. u mean 11th rank rite?? u seem to know ur stuff. but then again ws is a difficult topic with scarce resources and our teachers mark hard so dont blame urself, jus try ur hardest. im sure u can improve ur marks in the actual hsc. u'll get where u want in life regardless of ur rank anyway. hav a lil faith =)

jimmik

HSC
hey they can ask us to write in any form rite...hmmzz..how should i study for ws? like i hav notes but i dont kno wat to memorise/learn by heart in depth n there's so much to know..and how do u integrate textual integrity into everything??? like if its a question asking about how the personal voice reveals Chang's historical and cultural context (i think that was hsc 2001), where do u fit textual integrity in that?

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
know the basic plotline of what happens to the three main women.

identify what text forms are used in the text, and find language/textual features which exemplify these forms

textual integrity, as ive said before, is about how well a text adheres to a certain genre.

you would argue that because WS is a mishmash of various genres (identify through language), it has little/no textual integrity.

for that question jimmik mentioned, you could first discuss how the personal voice is represented through the text. link it to historical and cultural (these overlap a bit), then you could start discussing how it reveals other genres, such as feminist, biographical etc. this shows that the book doesn't adhere to one set genre, compromising the others and therefore compromising integrity.

something like that.

devious_lisa

HSC
i'm doin WS and yes there aren't alotta notes and my teacher certainly didn't provide me with any information. So thanks alot....=)

Airazer

HSC
i dunno our school marking system was pretty f-ed up.. thanx to loser teachers.. man they love commies.

nomusic nolife

HSC
hey devious lisa... what school do you go to? is your last name smith by any
chance? if this is yuu, then you are sooo busted for stealing that "wild swans is a mish mash..." stuff! luv han

BLACKBIRD.whs

HSC
im funnily enough actually enjoying WS =S does that make me like, evil manifested? that bloody spoken task thing is due on thursday for me (winmalee high school in blue mts) and its total death because i just had my ee2 viva voce yesterday and ninjutsu tonight and working tomoro night......ARG. oh and a adv2u maths exam on friday
what a joyous week it is....

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
*bumps for seftoners of 05 doing trials and looking for notes*

Ricknam

HSC
ahahahaha ... sorry, saw the seftoners here ... is SHS the only school doing Wild Swans?? ... lolz ... the only reason i get the readings is cause of Ms Levick :D

shsshs

HSC
i go Sydney Boys High School.
fuck we're the onli class doing wilds swans, soo unlucki.
i heard something lyk less than 10 schools in NSW do wild swans.

:'(
share NOTES!
especially all you seftonersssss

smely

HSC
i hate wild swans.. our teachers r like "its the easiest module" but i hate it... i especially hate the textual integrity crap... didnt u guys watch that video where they interviwed Jung Chang?

sophie1989

HSC
babydoll_ said:
Hopefully this will help, not a lot of people are doing WS so there's not a lot of resources available.

Part 1
Hey there! i'm doing wildswans for english! whats ur hotmail addy? lol we could full help each other out:)
mine is soph_t_89@hotmail.com

coooooooll cya :D

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
sophie1989 said:
Hey there! i'm doing wildswans for english! whats ur hotmail addy? lol we could full help each other out:)
mine is soph_t_89@hotmail.com

coooooooll cya :D
Considering I posted these 4 years ago, I don't think I really need any help.

summermagic

HSC
Thankyou babydoll_!!! It seems like it's still mainly Seftoners doing Wild Swans. Shout out to all the ex-seftoners, I'm doing my HSC this year. Half-yearlies coming up soon.

HSC
THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU *gets down on knees and kowtows* THANKYOU!
THIS HAS SAVED MY ARSE BIG TIME
YOU ARE AN ABSOLUTE FRIGGING CHAMPION!!:D :D :D :D :D :D :jaw:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)