myer group interview! (1 Viewer)

nanaxdd

HSC
N/A
ok ive never even done a group interview so i duno whats gona happen..they said they wud put us in a table of approx 6 ppl and see how we do in their activities?!?! huh??? anyways...i duno what to do! has anyone done these b4...what do they normally ask u to do?

gloworm14

HSC
N/A
ooo i wanna apply to myer too, but after the hsc.
im assuming you sit in a circle or something like that and you get partnered and you tell them about yourself and the other person has to tell everyone else about you, visa versa probably testing your listening and communication skills.

dougieblow

HSC
lve been to a group interview thing for rebel sport, basically they want to access how you can interact with different people/personalities. they'll probabley set scenarioes up like dealing with an angry customer and how you would handle it. they will probably ask what you can bring to the plate as an employee of theirs.

good luck.

jannny

HSC
what they called people up already? damn seems like i did not get in

CieL

HSC
From what I remember you sit on a rectangular table with 6-7 people, and one person on the end of the table is like... the person who examines you..

You begin by introducing your name, a bit about you, and something interesting about you..

Then I think the HR person asked us a few questions on shit like, what you would do in each scenario.. I only remember one of the questions which roughly talks about how it's xmas sales.. you're assigned to the toys section.. actually I dont remember..

I thought it was a waste of time really.

Leo 100

HSC
N/A
i had to sit around a table with a group of people
we got paired up and had to discuss our selves
then each person had to get up and say what they 'learnt' about the person.
now the fun really begins... by getting an object, like a back massager (yeah i know) and try to sell it in weird and wonderfull ways. its some serious character building stuff :)

just interact with everyone and be 'nice' even if you hate the people your with and speak up about what you think you should do in a situation you get given.
like dont say punch their lights out if they ask you what would you do if someone was hassaling you... thats a bad idea. i didnt do that. really :)

HSC
thanks Leo100!
i also just got an email on group interviews at myer a couple of weeks ago but haven't got an email on the date yet.
i think there's also an individual interview after that if you passed the group ones. can anyone correct me on that?

soopacow

Igloo?
HSC
**freakstar87** said:
thanks Leo100!
i also just got an email on group interviews at myer a couple of weeks ago but haven't got an email on the date yet.
i think there's also an individual interview after that if you passed the group ones. can anyone correct me on that?
Don't they give you a link to the webpage where you reserve your group interview date? I have mine on 6th morning. :D

KarmaKitten

HSC
They usually give you scenarios of things that might happen during your day to day job. Try to think of answers beforehand to a variety of situations.

They're usually pretty obvious things. Try to be relaxed and smile! You have to stand out from the others.

frootloop

HSC
soopacow said:
Don't they give you a link to the webpage where you reserve your group interview date? I have mine on 6th morning. :D
Hey! Looks like I might be seeing you at the group interview! I've booked myself in for the group interview on the 6th (Saturday morning) as well. :p Your group interview is for the Sydney City store yeah? Oh jeez, FOUR group interview sessions? As if I wasn't already nervous enough, FOUR group interviews just emphasises how large the candidature for the one store must be. :S

frootloop

HSC
jannny said:
omggg, how did myer contact u guys?
Well I got invited by email to apply for the Bondi store online. Ended up deciding it's a bit far but applied anyway. Was asked to tick the three preferred stores to work at and stupidly, I didn't include Bondi as one of my top three so they sent me another email saying that they couldn't accept the application since I didn't tick Bondi.

Anyways, to the point, they sent me an sms on Tuesday (around noon-ish) saying I'd been invited to an interview and to check my email. Got home and there was the email with info about a group interview for the Sydney City store and how to book a group interview session. So, it's mostly been by email so far.

I'm still really nervous. I have no idea what to expect and how good the "competition" will be for a position at Myer. This girl I know worked at Myer ages ago and said it was extremely competitive- but that was for a Cosmetics Sales Assistant position rather than a Christmas Casual one.

hearts

HSC
Are these interviews for permanant part-time positions? Or are they already doing Christmas casuals?

frootloop

HSC
Well I've only applied for Christmas Casual. Come to think of it, it didn't even cross my mind that the other posters may have been applying for permanent part-time positions lol. My bad. :hammer:

reggie7

You'll Never Walk Alone
HSC
CieL said:
From what I remember you sit on a rectangular table with 6-7 people, and one person on the end of the table is like... the person who examines you..

You begin by introducing your name, a bit about you, and something interesting about you..

Then I think the HR person asked us a few questions on shit like, what you would do in each scenario.. I only remember one of the questions which roughly talks about how it's xmas sales.. you're assigned to the toys section.. actually I dont remember..

I thought it was a waste of time really.
This pretty much sums up what happens at a Myer Group Interview.

The toys section thing, i remember you had to recommend a doll or a girls toy to a customer (male) I believe.

Answer as many questions as enthusiastically as you can.

soopacow

Igloo?
HSC
frootloop said:
Hey! Looks like I might be seeing you at the group interview! I've booked myself in for the group interview on the 6th (Saturday morning) as well. :p Your group interview is for the Sydney City store yeah? Oh jeez, FOUR group interview sessions? As if I wasn't already nervous enough, FOUR group interviews just emphasises how large the candidature for the one store must be. :S
I have mine at 11.30am... When's yours?
I guess just be yourself and uhh... we'll survive. x) And maybe they only have like 5 people each interview session? XD
Kinda scared already... I don't really care if they don't keep me after Christmas (though it would be nice if they do :p)

frootloop

HSC
soopacow said:
I have mine at 11.30am... When's yours?
I guess just be yourself and uhh... we'll survive. x) And maybe they only have like 5 people each interview session? XD
Kinda scared already... I don't really care if they don't keep me after Christmas (though it would be nice if they do :p)
Awww... nah, we're not in the same session. That time slot wasn't even one of the ones I could choose from! They must have a few sessions available for each person that's going for a group interview. So... there must be HEAPS of sessions being held! It'll probably just be the 6 people on the one table with the observer at one end in a room per session. I'm getting even more nervous now lol.

Yeah, I'm not too fussed if they keep me afterwards (if I get a christmas casual position that is). I must admit I'd REALLY love to work there for the holidays though. =P

HSC
soopacow said:
nah they didn't give me a link. just said that im shortlisted and they'll contact me
later when a Group Interview date and time is confirmed.
ahh well i'm going for a cotton on interview next week anyway

HSC
**freakstar87** said:
nah they didn't give me a link. just said that im shortlisted and they'll contact me
later when a Group Interview date and time is confirmed.
ahh well i'm going for a cotton on interview next week anyway
If you get the choice, I seriously recommend that you take Myer over Cotton On. I have heard so many people say awful things about cotton on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)