• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Myer group interview (1 Viewer)

SMS.EDWIN

HSC
Anyone working at myer?? tips for the interview?. its for myer (electrical sales team) and the interview is at parra.

HSC
I worked at Myer from October 08 - Jan this year. I started as an Xmas casual so the process may be a bit different for you (assuming there'd be less applicants) but, the group interview was quite easy. They show you a video about Myer and stuff, then give you a few scenarios to work through with the people at the table ie. disgruntled customer, how to resolve it, helping customer find product for gift etc. Then there's a HR person who scribbles stuff down as you speak. It was a bit awkward since there's a bit of a battle to get the most said etc. Don't worry too much though, it's really the quality of what you say as opposed to how much you say; they're just looking for your ability to speak clearly, customer focus etc. I also heard that some interviews give you a product, say toaster, that you then have to sell to the group, so basically highlighting features and benefits etc. This might actually come up for you since you're apply directly to the electrical team. Goodluck!

SMS.EDWIN

HSC
i got an email that i was successful in the interview, and now they're going through reference checks and that ill be contacted when there's an avilability which they said could take several weeks. sigh..

H4lfD0ll4r

HSC
i got an email that i was successful in the interview, and now they're going through reference checks and that ill be contacted when there's an avilability which they said could take several weeks. sigh..
I have mine next week, what did you have to do for yours?

RDX

one8seven
HSC
Uni Grad
flyingKangaroo said it pretty well. my friend works at Myer and yeah he told me about the interview process and that you'll have to sell a product etc. Should be ok, not a bad place to work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)