• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Name for Internet Cafe (1 Viewer)

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
politik said:
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaaaa.
Don't think it'd work. It's too long. I can't imagine ever saying to my friends, or parents, or whoever "See you later, I'm going to Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaaaa"

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I think simplicity is the way to go... and if you're going to be targeting the low-priced internet cafe market, then I stand by my "Cheap Internet Cafe" name as being the one which really sends out a signal to anyone who needs... well, cheap internet access. Whether or not you really are cheap or not is another matter.

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
What kind of internet connection are you going to get for this cafe?

Here is if you want unlimited broadband, yes the TRULY UNLIMITED adsl 1500/256. Although you need to apply for an ABN/ACN before applying for the special business plans.

EDIT: hmm i found some dodo "unlimited" dsl plans but eh the company sounds dodgy because it says "Excess Data: Charged $0.18/MB"
http://www.broadbandguide.com.au/Br...SL-recommended-for-small-medium-business.aspx

Last edited:

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
7th Sign said:
any way have you even looked at the demographics of you area? have you worked out the costs of buying full xp licences for 30+ comps? have you worked out price of 30+ comps? rent? games licence? its not cheap you need atleast 30k+ to even start...unless its a backyard job
we're doing that at the moment, we're just trying to get our heads around everything first. we're not stupid, we know that establishing a business of this type isn't going to be cheap, trust me. we're doing our homework.

thanks, antihyper. very useful info. =)

OhMaJuck

HSC
how about "Cyber Palaces" or "Cyber Home" or "Intber" (internet + cyber)

just suggesting

and that the best ways to earn money in net cafes is targeting youths in games!!!!
Best ways.....

like City Hunter its a killer

good quality computer ... the best way to go and not cheap junkie shit load of pc's

fatmuscle

HSC
"fat-net"

it's a place where people can get fat and use the internet.
or it's a place with lots of computers accessing a high-speed internet connection. the 'fat' part being the high-speed bit.

I think all BOS members should get a discount to this soon-to-be internet cafe :D

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
you'll be looking at few years before you even start to earn to cover your startup cost if it is even successful, but hopefully you already know this.

Optophobia

HSC
sunjet said:
you'll be looking at few years before you even start to earn to cover your startup cost if it is even successful, but hopefully you already know this.
If people always feared such things, we wouldn't have Yahoo, Microsoft or other empires. They are all started by inexperienced people with not much money. They soon become billionaires though.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Optophobia said:
If people always feared such things, we wouldn't have Yahoo, Microsoft or other empires. They are all started by inexperienced people with not much money. They soon become billionaires though.
I think it was just a friendly caveat so not to expect any big profits anytime soon- especially in a saturated market. But hey, where there's risk, there's reward.

Make sure you do a bit of demand forecasting; don't just pick 30 computers because it sounds like a nice number. Base it on how many people you think would actually be using your services at any one time.

Also will you be having any additional revenue streams or just the internet/gaming? Remember you're already paying for your ABN and rent/electricity- what other services can you provide with what you've already got to generate a bit more revenue? Also bearing in mind you have a little mini monopoly going on- once people are inside, they probably won't want to have to walk a lot just to buy a Coke or something. Could even sell computers/do repairs if you're good at that sort of thing.

Btw are you going to be programming the net cafe interface yourself, buying a "out of the box net cafe solution", or just leaving your PC's the way they are and ghosting them on a regular basis?

Mr-X

HSC
Internet King
Hyperglobal meganet
Inter-slice

Optophobia

HSC
Mr-X said:
Internet King
Hyperglobal meganet
Inter-slice
lol, and let me guess, Bill Gates will arrive at their internet cafe`, offer to buy it from them.. They'll agree, and then Gates will smash up the place with a baseball bat?

Mr-X

HSC
Optophobia said:
lol, and let me guess, Bill Gates will arrive at their internet cafe`, offer to buy it from them.. They'll agree, and then Gates will smash up the place with a baseball bat?
Hehehehehe. Well he didn't get rich from writing cheques.

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
fatmuscle said:
I think all BOS members should get a discount to this soon-to-be internet cafe :D
of course, but you'd have to prove to me that you're BoS user. =)
sunjet said:
yes, i know sunjet. duh.
seremify007 said:
Make sure you do a bit of demand forecasting; don't just pick 30 computers because it sounds like a nice number. Base it on how many people you think would actually be using your services at any one time.

Also will you be having any additional revenue streams or just the internet/gaming? Remember you're already paying for your ABN and rent/electricity- what other services can you provide with what you've already got to generate a bit more revenue? Also bearing in mind you have a little mini monopoly going on- once people are inside, they probably won't want to have to walk a lot just to buy a Coke or something. Could even sell computers/do repairs if you're good at that sort of thing.

Btw are you going to be programming the net cafe interface yourself, buying a "out of the box net cafe solution", or just leaving your PC's the way they are and ghosting them on a regular basis?
thanks for the tips, seremify.. we'd probably do some repairs and sell some minor parts for computers, and eventually work our way into bigger parts. like, to start off with it would be mice, perhaps some cords, keyboards, and eventually we'd work our way up. repairs would be a must.. we've also considered holding lessons for people who want to learn how to use programs like Word, as well as anything else... other ideas include gaming nights for the nerds of the town, where the night is just devoted to one game...

.ben said:
lol.

Mr-X said:
Internet King
Hyperglobal meganet
Inter-slice
oh very good. lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)