Nanotechnology (1 Viewer)

InsanityNew

Premium Member
HSC
Alright, so before I go all gung-ho on my HSC I've been looking ahead for what I want to do at uni. I've come up with many, many different options but the one I know least about is nanotechnology, now by least I mean a little, but I do know the general information about it and so far it's caught my interest most.

Does anyone know more about the subject?

Any information would be appreciated. The actual information available for this course seem a bit slim compared to any other I've come across.

Now also not knowing a whole lot, I have one question which baffles me.

Could nanotechnology be combined with engineering?

Perhaps I'm thinking a little ahead of ourselves but with technology progressing I thought perhaps a combined course might open up many doors to the research and development of new systems, etc.

I may just be a little ahead of myself, and thinking a little hopeful. That and I'm worried that it's a dead field to head into.

HSC
Alright, so before I go all gung-ho on my HSC I've been looking ahead for what I want to do at uni. I've come up with many, many different options but the one I know least about is nanotechnology, now by least I mean a little, but I do know the general information about it and so far it's caught my interest most.

Does anyone know more about the subject?

Any information would be appreciated. The actual information available for this course seem a bit slim compared to any other I've come across.

Now also not knowing a whole lot, I have one question which baffles me.

Could nanotechnology be combined with engineering?

Perhaps I'm thinking a little ahead of ourselves but with technology progressing I thought perhaps a combined course might open up many doors to the research and development of new systems, etc.

I may just be a little ahead of myself, and thinking a little hopeful. That and I'm worried that it's a dead field to head into.
lol definately not going to be a dead field, it is growing much like electrical engineering ( and I think it requires you to do electrical subjects )

also im pretty sure nanotechnology is already a form of engineering ( and if it isnt there is not much point doing a double in it ). Its like doing a double in engineering/science , pretty useluess imo

InsanityNew

Premium Member
HSC
Well I figured it had something to do with engineering but the majority of nanotech. degree's tend to be associated with a bachelor of science, which isn't exactly your typical bachelor of engineering.

EdmondDW

HSC
U have never touched any real science research, I guess. Nanotechnology is far from application and actually hard to make into real application. Researchers make bunches of rubbish papers in academic journals, just like molecular biology ppl do, which r useless. My advisor looks down nanotechnology, and I agree with him. I can say in the next several decades, ppl will forget nanotechnology.
I am doing chemistry, and I feel the future of chemistry is divided into two areas, one is medicinal chemistry, and the other one is computational chemistry. So either being a math/computer expert or a real hand-on chemist is the point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)