Napoleon - good or not? (1 Viewer)

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
(^o^) said:
But don't makeups normally have expire date like 2 years or so? That's what i've heard...
so in that case, no point having it to last that long right?
depends on the product.

i'm halfway through the shimmer brick and i've only got a quarter or so left in the concealer.

plus, even though i've had them for just over a year now, the quality is still as good as when i bought them. unlike cheaper crappier brands.

(^o^)

you stupid crap! *slaps*
HSC
Ohh, how bout say mascra or something?
cos my Maybelline and loreal ones both thicken (to the stage where it's impossible to use) after 1 year or so
is it due to the nature of the product or purely the brand?

Skeeta

HSC
you're meant to change your mascara more often.

3-6 months, because you're physically applying it to your eyelashes and is more likely to get bacteria breeding in it

deathbyprinter

motherlover
HSC
napolean sucks. i felt like a drag queen at my year 10 formal after i got my make up done there.
then i went there with a friend and we somehow got free makeovers...
and i still felt like a drag queen..even though i asked for subtle.

i was thinking of going to a makeup counter in myer or david jones for my
year 12 formal...
what is everyone's opinion on mac? are they expensive?
any other suggestions?

kangarulz

Procrastinaton
HSC
i got my makeup done by a salon that uses "i.d. bareminerals" makeup... that was awesome because it all comes in powder form but liquifies as its applied, so its really light on your skin and u dont feel like ur wearing makeup at all! the lip gloss is to die for as well!

coenenr

HSC
I got my makeup dont there for my val a few weeks ago, and i was realli happy with it. Plus when u get ur makeup done there, its redeemable in products, which incls anything.

If you want it light, you just have to be assertive and tell the person how u want it. Theres no point in sitting there not saying anything then disliking it. Try going in witha picture or somehting, which can help. And if you dont like it, tell them striagh away and theyll fix it.

but MAC is god!!!!! Theyre awesome.

piccaninny

invisible
HSC
i was bridesmade at my best friends wedding. i had make up done proffesionally by Napoleons consultant. i really hated it. nearly fainted when i saw myself in the mirror.

enchantress

HSC
I don't like Napoleon for reasons which I really cant be bothered to start with.
But if you're not makeup fussy then yeah why not? You can get your make up done for a night, its $60 per hr to get it done.

However I would highly recommend going to a place like MAC instead.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i've always steered clear of professional makeup just coz i like to do it myself and i dont like the idea of some stranger rubbing crap all over my face, lol... but really it would seem to be the actual makeup artist and not the makeup that makes you look however you do when you come out. A few of my friends had theirs done at napoleon for their yr 10 formals - and while a couple of them came out looking really overdone and fake some of them actually looked really natural.

You have to speak up, if you don't like it. they're not mind readers. but thankfully they can fix it if need be. but yeah dont be afraid to say something, its your makeup after all.

*hopeful*

HSC
napoleon has the hottest shades of eyeshadow's, i've been with people who've got the 5min makeovers done by them and it looks nice enough...

cesca6

HSC
Overall i like napolean make-up and i've had my makeup done and i was impressed. However you need an idea of what you want if you dont trust the artist or you aree scared it will turn out wrong. However their mascara is absolutely awful. I would never make an investment in it.

miss janice

HSC
deathbyprinter said:
napolean sucks. i felt like a drag queen at my year 10 formal after i got my make up done there.
then i went there with a friend and we somehow got free makeovers...
and i still felt like a drag queen..even though i asked for subtle.

i was thinking of going to a makeup counter in myer or david jones for my
year 12 formal...
what is everyone's opinion on mac? are they expensive?
any other suggestions?

AGREED. napoleon sucks. and i felt like a drag queen too.. i went there to get my makeup done for my yr 12 formal.. and for godsakes.. it was CAKED. she put green eyeshadow on me and it literally looked like she painted two semi circles on top of my effing eyelid. so i opted for just eyeliner.

napoleons gay yall. well its probably just the stupid girl who did it on me who saied it looked "HOT" but their pore minimiser and mattifier is freakn miricale cream but a ripp off

SO NO DONT GO FOR NAPOLEON. i did mine at the george st one.

bluemoon2

HSC
is napoleon perdis bad for me?

ive been using napoleon for about 2 months, mainly because its easy to use - i use eye makeup and with there concealer all u need is primer and concealer and ur done. no powder no extra moisturiser. (i hate powder)

i have noticed that it takes some effort to get it off at night, i have to apply my eye makeup remover at least 3 times (remove rinse, remove rinse, remove rinse) to get it all off. i think this has been drying out the skin around my eyes because if i apply my night cream sometimes theres a slight stinging feeling.

but wat has worried me is that last night i noticed a very small red dot on my eye bags (where i use my concealer). then i got up this morning.. and its still there!!! EEK

should i get a different brand of eye makeup?? which ones arent too bad for ur skin, stay on all day, cover up eye circles well and are simple to use (no powder)? and has this happened to anyone else?

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Re: is napoleon perdis bad for me?

never used NP but not heard good things about it someone here said they just take cheap makeup and stick the NP label on it to make it look good or something like that

personally I don't wear much eye makeup, only mascara, but you can't go wrong with the classic maybelline one in the pink and green tube, it's been around forever but it's pretty good and not expensive. gonna try diorshow next when this one runs out, only heard good things about it.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC

NP is a rebrander.

it's not cheap makeup per se, but it's generic makeup that anyone can buy and put a label on it.

i'd change to better makeup if i were you.

or try lancome bi-facil makeup remover, it gets absolutely everything off.

like i have this mac liquid liner that wore camping once and it stayed on for a week, swimming and showering every day.

a week.

bi facil got it off straight away.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A

i think napoleon makeup does not leave the skin looking nice either though.

I use maybelline pure best stuff ever, the only thing that looks good on my skin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)