• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

National Lawyers Guild (1 Viewer)

Comrade nathan

HSC
I didnt know where to post this, i was going to post it in some where else like the university but i think the people who will be interest visit this part of the forum.

National Lawyers Guild

They are a group of progressive Lawyers. They defend countries like Cuba and other countries that are effected by imperialism. In 2003 (not to sure) they went to the DPRK and gave a report that contradict alot of what DPRK pressure groups have stated about DPRK.

Anyway if you going to be a lawyer and are politicaly progressive check this out.

Last edited:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Dont listen to him folks, it's all just a dirty pinko commie lie.

gemita

Raube Hohle convert
HSC
...well I thought it was interesting. *cowers in anticipation of dirty-red abuse*. Then again, I'm doing law because I want to work with NGO's like Amnesty, and with UNHCR. (My ultimate dream). Thanks Nathan.

Comrade nathan

HSC
Their not communist you morons, they are just a group of lawyers who have different goals the mass of lawyers.

If your goal is to be a jack off lawyer then stick to your corporate criminals, rapist, murders and your everyday celebrity crimes and ignore this thread and keep your mouths shut because you havent contributed anything usefull to this thread so far.

Jesus!

Jeebus
HSC
N/A
Comrade nathan said:
Their not communist you morons, they are just a group of lawyers who have different goals the mass of lawyers.

If your goal is to be a jack off lawyer then stick to your corporate criminals, rapist, murders and your everyday celebrity crimes and ignore this thread and keep your mouths shut because you havent contributed anything usefull to this thread so far.
You would love this book. Please buy it

'Ambulance chaser' by Richard Beasley.

Essentially its about how evil insurance companies are.

Blurb

http://www.murderandmayhembookclub.com/ambulance.html

Christopher Blake is bankrupt after twelve years as a human rights lawyer, and is severely depressed. His girlfriend celebrates the New Year by having sex in the bathroom – but not with Chris. After parting ways with the girlfriend, Chris gets a job with South Pacific Group Insurance as an ambulance chaser, which makes a change from the only work he could do after his bankruptcy - giving pro bono advice at a legal centre, advice such as how to sue a cat that has murdered a client's budgie. This job keeps the wolf from the door and brings Chris into contact with Gabriella, a Catherine Zeta-Jones look-alike. The South Pacific Group Insurance is the world's fastest-growing insurance company, and it is jokingly said that injured plaintiffs should just stop moaning and die, as a lump sum death payout is cheaper for the company than a constant monthly payout. But it seems less funny when Chris notices that injured plaintiffs happen to be dying at an alarming rate. Chris decides to conduct his own investigation into South Pacific Insurance and is plunged into an
uproarious adventure as he gets to the bottom of the story.

Richard Beasley is an Australian Author, and is a practising Barrister in Sydney. His main character, Christopher Blake, has the typical droll sense of humour that Australians seem to be typecast with. Gabriella makes a wonderful investigative partner plays the straight man (woman?) to Chris. The Australian legal system, international law and large corporations are all in Beasley's lined up for the kill, as he gently knocks each and everyone. Once the laughter has stoped, the book leaves you with the thought – could this be true? Makes you think and laugh at the same time.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
I hope to Allah you're not pining to become a lawyer.

Comrade nathan

HSC
In dont really like reading fiction.

No why and what gave you that idea.

Comrade nathan

HSC
Jesus! said:
some say its not fiction ;)
The "no why and what gave you that idea" was directed to Ziff.

What are you implying by saying "some say its not fiction"?

Jesus!

Jeebus
HSC
N/A
Comrade nathan said:
The "no why and what gave you that idea" was directed to Ziff.

What are you implying by saying "some say its not fiction"?

I'm not implying anything.

It is possible that the book is not that non fiction.

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
i saw the words "Guild" and "chapters " and was reminded of the stonecutters!

naah sorry im not into secret organizations, especially the ones that (as i presume) are fighting with other guilds for ideological supremacy!

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Comrade nathan said:
If your goal is to be a jack off lawyer then stick to your corporate criminals, rapist, murders and your everyday celebrity crimes
If your goal is to be a jack off pinko then invade this forum with irrelevant bullshit, and post rubbish about "progressive lawyers" whom defend those whom subscribe to outdated economic theories.

and ignore this thread and keep your mouths shut
You should keep your mouth shut, since you did after all post this in a public forum.

because you havent contributed anything usefull to this thread so far.
And this thread hasn't contributed towards anything within this forum.

Comrade nathan

HSC
You should keep your mouth shut, since you did after all post this in a public forum.
Even when people reply like jackasses.

Dont listen to him folks, it's all just a dirty pinko commie lie.
What brought that on?

Go jerk off over Che, celebrate the fact he's a barbaric murderer who has no regard for democracy or the rule of law.
Thats just being a moron.

I think that website is a tidge too 'progressive'
What a great input, we shoud become great bestest friends.

...................................meh
What a waste of time.

Jesus!

Jeebus
HSC
N/A
* to eliminate racism;
* to safeguard and strengthen the rights of workers, women, farmers and minority groups, upon whom the welfare of the entire nation depends;
* to maintain and protect our civil rights and liberties in the face of persistent attacks upon them;
* to use the law as an instrument for the protection of the people, rather than for their repression.
The goals seem fine

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)