Natural talent or just a lot of hard work put in? (1 Viewer)

kurt.physics

HSC
N/A
live.fast said:
loll I just saw again that movie Good Will Hunting. If there are people like that out there, doing the HSC same year as you dudes... :)

Unless your name is Will.
Ah, but look at Will (from the movie). Granted, he is portrayed as uncomprehensibly genius... BUT, for example, he had to read the books on (organic chemistry...from memory) to do that chemistry chain thing to show his girl friend. Also, he reads alot in his bedroom, so he does put in effort, so its not just him being genius... there is a little bit of effort :S

leannespeaks

HSC
humglish said:
Charming Brogan:wave:

I think natural talent helps. But I think the HSC is more a measure of how much effort one puts in, rather than intelligence. I'll give you my own example;

I pretty much suck at maths. (band 4 - eek!) I didn't care in SC, but I've since put an enormous amount of effort in and got ranked 4th last year in 2U. (Not sure what im coming this year - rankings haven't been finalised) which meant, my ranking was higher than one of the students selected for extension 2.

I think this proves that effort > intelligence.

That being said, while I may have the ability to do 3U, never could I do 4. I don't have that intelligence.

HUMGLISH...YOU HAVE JUST BRIGHTEN UP MY FKED UP DAY...

HUGS**

cheney31

HSC
lyounamu said:
I think it's a nice combination of natural talent, effort, and a bit of luck.
lol yea luck would be another factor

i heard that the same english essay recieved a 9 and a 19 /20 from different teachers.. so yea..

but hardwork still is needed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)