ne one know this in detail? (1 Viewer)

tororo-kun

does ne one know the importance of purpose and perspective of history in detail?

ne one have scrap notes? or ne thing like that, that would assist me?

thanks

gloria*

skin graft
HSC
N/A
dude they partially make up the key questions-- haven't you been doing them in detail since the beginning of the course??

gloria*

skin graft
HSC
N/A
lol, you realise the hsc exam is only weeks away now? :)

i'll send you my related notes when i type them -- next week sometime. email me with specifics, if you like. (flere_@hotmail.com)

* Why don't you try reading through Carr? Look for some basic notes on historiography in your library?

Andronicus

OK, E.H. Carr is pretty good, but if you're not in the mood to fish out information, then read Warren.

It's only the best book that covers the whole damn course. It goes through ancient historians, through the middle ages, Karl Marx, Postmodernissm, and even Carr himself.

Read it - although Warren does misinterpret Marxist history somewhat in his assessment of the realtionship between the economic base and the superstructure (but it's still perfect for this course).

Oh, and it covers the essential Carr vs. Elton debate on postmodernism - you MUST know this, because it is SOOO perect for historiography nad historical debate over history itself...

Hazo of Smite

Damn, Warrens a pretencious bastard. Good point on Marxist, but he has trouble with PM as well. His war metaphor is amusing though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)