• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Nearly Homeless. (1 Viewer)

Kommandant

HSC
I'm not sure if this is the right board, or even the right website but I am desperately in need of somewhere to live. (if anyone has any better suggestions on where to ask, I am certainly keen to know them)

I'm currently in Queensland, north of brisbane but I'd be fine with somewhere in NSW.

Preferably near the coast (my choice line of work involves boats)

Obviously Cheap would be a bonus.

If anyone is looking for someone to fill an empty room, please send me a message and we can exchange further details.

Male
Mostly housebroken
Not averse to cleaning, cooking, or other shared household duties.
Don't smoke
Occasional drinks.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
domain.com.au and find share accomodation.

do a bit of research before you send them a letter.... :) such as checking out what transport is available to you suppose you lived there, whether you need a place to park, etc

Kommandant

HSC
Thanks for the pointer. :cool:

So far found nothing in all of central and northern Queensland - I suspect I'm not going to find anything before I have to move out - in about 4 hours. :(

Kommandant

HSC
have to?

how much time did you leave yourself?
Didn't know I was to be leaving until half a day ago.

Bit of a disagreement with a housemate.

With some smooth talking I might be able to convince her to give me a few days to get my act together (or at the very least, time to wash all my clothes).

Either way, I'm in rather serious need of some new folks to share a shanty with.

Kommandant

HSC
go and live with katietheskatie, lolz
I assume Katietheskatie is a member here, and I assume, had I been here long enough to be aware of something, it'd be funny.

In the spirit of these assumptions -

Hehehe.

HSC
Kommandant said:

With some smooth talking I might be able to convince her to give me a few days to get my act together (or at the very least, time to wash all my clothes).
She cannot do that. She must give you a few weeks notice, for this exact reason.

HSC
Kommandant said:
I assume Katietheskatie is a member here, and I assume, had I been here long enough to be aware of something, it'd be funny.

In the spirit of these assumptions -

Hehehe.
:confused:

L

littlewing69

Kommandant said:
Didn't know I was to be leaving until half a day ago.

Either way, I'm in rather serious need of some new folks to share a shanty with.
She probably is legally obligated to give you time to make new arrangements, depending on your current status re: the property.

EDIT: I didn't see that Obvious had already said as much.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
ummm, i guess this only really works moreso in syd/melbourne than where you're talking about, but for reference's sake the best website i used by far was www.flatmatefinders.com.au - it got me the house i'm currently living in

derrida

Old Hack
HSC
woodwardbrett said:
check out the university websites, they usually have sections where people advertise vacant accomodation.

this is the newcastle uni page:
http://studinfo2.newcastle.edu.au/accommodation/ac_pub_search.cfm

good luck
I second that one. Check the uni sites in your area.

Or if you are at uni in sydney search "STUCCO" they can provide emergency accomodation in a hippie communial environment.

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
syd, melb, brissy, adelaide, perth, hobart who cares.
as long as its not darwin

haha im hoping to move down to melb in jan, might be spending uni holidays in melb and uni sessions in syd..that would be awesome :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)